ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation & Council Tax question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MarioSA

Naturalisation & Council Tax question

Post by MarioSA » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi Guys and Girls,

I could really use your input. Due to the nature of my work, I was continuely travelling around the country and came home weekends. Therefore, we registered the council tax in my wife's name for the first three years as I was away most of the time. Once I was based permanently closer to home after changing jobs, we had the CT registered in both our names.

My question is this, when applying for Naturalisation, do they check whether both my wife and I are account holders and have paid CT for the all of your previous addresses going back 5 years and if so what would be the affect on my application if so?

Thanks in advance.

TinTinTin

Post by TinTinTin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:23 pm

I dont think CT has got any relationship with Naturalisation.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:07 am

MarioSA, this really is a non-issue. Given that you mention a 5-year period it appears you are not married to a British Citizen. Council Tax is not an issue anyway, but on a 5-year application, the applicant does not even need to be married!
John

MarioSA

Post by MarioSA » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:33 pm

Cheers All. appreciate it.