ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 PBS Dependent - Few Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramkada
Newly Registered
India

Tier-2 PBS Dependent - Few Questions

Post by ramkada » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:56 am

Hi Admins - hope you are doing good. I have few questions in filing ILR application. Could you please clarify

1) I came in Feb-2015 on Tier-2 PBS Dependent and latest renewal was done in Sep-2018, and now valid till Sep-2020.
I am filing Set(O) application as I have completed 5 years ... please correct me.

2) Q in the Set(O) form: "If you legally changed your name, when did you do this"? --> is this the marriage date or the date when Marriage certificate was issued??

3) Q in the Set(O) form: "What is the ownership status of your home?" --> I live with my husband and he pays the rent. Hence should I answer "I rent it" or "I live with my family"?

4) "Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?" --> my recent renewal was done in Sep-2018, so Should I answer "YES" and provide absences only after 11-Jan-2018?

5a) "Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?"
5b) "Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?"

I have my own bank account but my annual earning is around 10k. Should I answer "No" to above 5a and 5b questions.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier-2 PBS Dependent - Few Questions

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:59 pm

1) I came in Feb-2015 on Tier-2 PBS Dependent and latest renewal was done in Sep-2018, and now valid till Sep-2020.
I am filing Set(O) application as I have completed 5 years ... please correct me.
SET(O) is correct
2) Q in the Set(O) form: "If you legally changed your name, when did you do this"? --> is this the marriage date or the date when Marriage certificate was issued??
That is only if you used deed poll
3) Q in the Set(O) form: "What is the ownership status of your home?" --> I live with my husband and he pays the rent. Hence should I answer "I rent it" or "I live with my family"?
Rent it
4) "Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?" --> my recent renewal was done in Sep-2018, so Should I answer "YES" and provide absences only after 11-Jan-2018?
It is YES, provide absences after Sep 2018
5a) "Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?"
5b) "Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?"
I have my own bank account but my annual earning is around 10k. Should I answer "No" to above 5a and 5b questions.
If you are sending cohabitation documents, then you should answer yes as you share documents with your husband ?!
You need to sign the first two consent forms later
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ramkada
Newly Registered
India

Post by ramkada » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:02 pm

Thanks a lot Zimba for your response. still have some doubt on the below

That is only if you used deed poll
I have not used any deed poll in UK. My Surname was changed as part of my marriage in my home country before I first come to UK, and entered UK with latest Surname and even my home country's passport was issued with my latest surname in it (Post Marriage), where as my Degree certificates have my old surname.

So for the questions.
1. "Are you known by other name?" - I answered YES.
2. "Why have you been known by another name?" --> Answered: Marriage or Civil partnership.
3. "If you legally changed your name, when did you do this (if applicable)?"
As surname was changed as part of my marriage in home country - what date do I need to supply here?
Marriage Date (or) Marriage Certificate Issued Date (or) home country's Passport issued date (or) keep it blank?
Also I believe I need to submit marriage certificate though it was not in the document checklist mentioned in the application.

Could you please clarify.

Thanks again.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:40 am

You can put marriage date. Remember that in the UK, your married name can be used without any legal procedures. They know this is norm and should not be an issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice