ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Documents for spouse visa

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:59 pm

mss9025 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:53 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:32 pm
mss9025 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:01 pm
They refused to post these required statements
Better to call/visit them again because that is incorrect because any customer can request the copy/duplicate statement to be sent at his postal address. Also check your online banking inbox where you might have the pdf formatted bank statements which usually look exactly same as the official paper statements and these can be used as well.
Thanks for your prompt reply seagul. They did print the statements on the spot and they look identical to the online statement we have access to. And nowhere does it say that it's an online/ duplicate copy. The only addition is that they have provided a short letter with account information e.g. account holder's name, account number, date account opened etc. They have said this is all we would need for immigration matters. I'm guessing this would be ok then???
Yes it should be acceptable
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:07 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:59 pm
mss9025 wrote:
seagul wrote:
mss9025 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:01 pm
They refused to post these required statements
Better to call/visit them again because that is incorrect because any customer can request the copy/duplicate statement to be sent at his postal address. Also check your online banking inbox where you might have the pdf formatted bank statements which usually look exactly same as the official paper statements and these can be used as well.
Thanks for your prompt reply seagul. They did print the statements on the spot and they look identical to the online statement we have access to. And nowhere does it say that it's an online/ duplicate copy. The only addition is that they have provided a short letter with account information e.g. account holder's name, account number, date account opened etc. They have said this is all we would need for immigration matters. I'm guessing this would be ok then???
That's such a relief. Thanks so much. There is just one more thing I would like a quick confirmation for if you don't mind.

Could you confirm that I would need just 12 payslips in total and bank statements covering this period. i.e. period from 1st of Feb 2019 to 31st January 2020, with salaries coming in at the end of each month during this time frame?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:07 pm

mss9025 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:07 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:59 pm
mss9025 wrote:
seagul wrote:

That's such a relief. Thanks so much. There is just one more thing I would like a quick confirmation for if you don't mind.

Could you confirm that I would need just 12 payslips in total and bank statements covering this period. i.e. period from 1st of Feb 2019 to 31st January 2020, with salaries coming in at the end of each month during this time frame?
Yes and latest bank statement & payslip must not be older than 28 days from the date of application and also not dated after the date of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:09 pm

Hello again,

I'm getting very close to have gathered all the supporting documents and hoping to submit my application within the next week, hopefully.

Got a question regarding accommodation though. The tenancy start date of the apartment we rented was dated for the 6th of February 2020. And I made arrangements from my home country to pay the deposit and first month's rent to my sponsor's account. This will be shown in sponsor's latest bank statements we will be providing for the financial aspect of the application.

Am I required to address this in any way? As to where the funds came from etc.? Much prefer not to, to be honest, in order to keep things simple.

Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:45 pm

mss9025 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:09 pm

Am I required to address this in any way? As to where the funds came from etc.? Much prefer not to, to be honest, in order to keep things simple.

Many thanks.
No. Source of fund only need to declare where you using cash savings to meet the financial requirement.

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:28 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:45 pm
mss9025 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:09 pm

Many thanks.
No. Source of fund only need to declare where you using cash savings to meet the financial requirement.
Fantastic. Thank you so very much!

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:50 pm

Hello again,

I'm filling out Appendix 2 and stuck on "how often do you meet?"

It's not a straightforward answer for me. We've been in a relationship since 2008. We met very often during our time at university in the UK (2011-2014). Then we got married in 2016 in UK. And only seen each other 3 times since marriage due to visa refusals and Home Office delays.

Any advice on how to answer this question in that small box??

I'm submitting a cover letter with a brief history of our relationship that kind of covers this. Is that sufficient? If so, what do I put in the form?

Thanks as always.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Are you completing a hardcopy Appendix 2 form? If so, you don't need to.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:29 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:07 pm
Are you completing a hardcopy Appendix 2 form? If so, you don't need to.
Hi Korekt, yes it's the hard copy. I've been reading mixed opinions on this, so want to complete it just in case. :?

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:54 pm

Just wondering whether me (the applicant) providing a cover letter carries a lot of weight in supporting my application?

I am submitting a detailed yet concise letter from my sponsor so not sure if another letter essentially repeating the same pieces of information from me would be necessary??

Would appreciate any input. Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:34 pm

mss9025 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:54 pm
Just wondering whether me (the applicant) providing a cover letter carries a lot of weight in supporting my application?

I am submitting a detailed yet concise letter from my sponsor so not sure if another letter essentially repeating the same pieces of information from me would be necessary??

Writing a covering letter is a good idea clarifying especially the past immigration history and financial calculations to minimize the chances of any mistake made by the caseworker. It can be written either from sponsor or applicant but should be very precise.

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:34 pm
mss9025 wrote:

Writing a covering letter is a good idea clarifying especially the past immigration history and financial calculations to minimize the chances of any mistake made by the caseworker. It can be written either from sponsor or applicant but should be very precise.
Noted, thank you as always seagul. I am trying to be as detailed as possible but trying to avoid being long winded as well. I have two previous visit visa refusals. When explaining the refusals, would just quoting the rules I was refused under enough? How much detail is required here?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm

mss9025 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 pm
seagul wrote:
mss9025 wrote:

Noted, thank you as always seagul. I am trying to be as detailed as possible but trying to avoid being long winded as well. I have two previous visit visa refusals. When explaining the refusals, would just quoting the rules I was refused under enough? How much detail is required here?
If you wish then can precisely mention about refusal but don't give rule & reasons as they can access it in their system. And same they usually ask on application form too which you need to reply without any mistake/omission. On covering letter your main focus should be as how you are meeting the requirements for the issuance of visa.

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:06 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm
mss9025 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 pm
seagul wrote:
mss9025 wrote:

If you wish then can precisely mention about refusal but don't give rule & reasons as they can access it in their system. And same they usually ask on application form too which you need to reply without any mistake/omission. On covering letter your main focus should be as how you are meeting the requirements for the issuance of visa.
Ah right. Sorry I failed to mention I was referring to the application form about giving info about the previous refusals. As you've stated that they can access it anyway, I'll keep it short and to the point. Thanks ever so much seagul.

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:07 pm

Dear experts,

Something has come to my attention and I am stressing out about it big time. The application form for spouse visa just asked me whether I have a National Insurance number, which I do. I got it back in 2011 when I was at university in the UK.

When I applied for my master's in the UK, my agent who handled the visa said that the NI number I had would be invalid since I am applying for a new tier 4 student visa, which I now know is not true. So we put "no" for the question "do you have a NI number" in my student visa application in 2015.

Am i at risk of having my spouse visa being accused of deception??

Please please advice. Thank you!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:47 pm

mss9025 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:07 pm
, my agent who handled the visa said that the NI number I had would be invalid since I am applying for a new tier 4 student visa, which I now know is not true. So we put "no" for the question "do you have a NI number" in my student visa application in 2015.

The answer should be yes because NINO never become invalid. In past a lot of tier 4 students were overworking than the allowed limit who used to hesitate in supplying their nino unknowingly that tax record can be accessed through their date of birth. The consequences of saying 'no' will totally depend on individual caseworker but the excuse of receiving ill advice from agent who caused that mistake won't be considered if anything wrong will go.

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:54 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:47 pm
mss9025 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:07 pm
, my agent who handled the visa said that the NI number I had would be invalid since I am applying for a new tier 4 student visa, which I now know is not true. So we put "no" for the question "do you have a NI number" in my student visa application in 2015.

The answer should be yes because NINO never become invalid.
Yes I found this out during the end of 2016 while I was already in the UK. I have never breached any rules when it came to working so I have nothing to hide. I intend to put yes and provide my NI number for my spouse visa. My only concern is whether they would make an issue about my saying NO to it back in 2015?

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:26 am

!!!URGENT PLEASE HELP!!!

I have had my tooth extracted once in the UK in January 2016, but I have no evidence to show I paid for it. In the document checklist it wants me to confirm I am providing evidence or expect visa to be delayed or refused.

What can I do??

I have an NHS card that was provided to me by the university at the time. Can I use this in any way??

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:55 pm

mss9025 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:26 am
!!!URGENT PLEASE HELP!!!

I have had my tooth extracted once in the UK in January 2016, but I have no evidence to show I paid for it. In the document checklist it wants me to confirm I am providing evidence or expect visa to be delayed or refused.

What can I do??

I have an NHS card that was provided to me by the university at the time. Can I use this in any way??
If you had paid IHS and wasnt asked to pay for it then except simply declaring it on the application form you wont need anything.

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:26 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:55 pm
mss9025 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:26 am
!!!URGENT PLEASE HELP!!!

What can I do??

If you had paid IHS and wasnt asked to pay for it then except simply declaring it on the application form you wont need anything.
I cannot recall whether I paid IHS in 2015 as part of the application. If it was mandatory then I am sure I did. However I did pay for this dental treatment. I managed to download the bank statement from that month that shows the debit card payment of £18.80. Can I submit this as evidence???

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi,

Been searching on forum for some clarity, but couldn't find a definite answer. Would appreciate it if someone knows the answer.

My sponsor is going to scan all the documents tomorrow (20th Feb) at the VFS in Manchester by paying the 75 pound fee.

My biometrics appointment is on the 24th of Feb. Is that ok?? Seeing conflicting statements regarding document submission being before/ after biometrics.

Thanks!

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:26 pm

It is fine if that's what you've chosen to do.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:57 pm

Korekt wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:26 pm
It is fine if that's what you've chosen to do.
Thanks for responding Korekt. I'm glad that is the case. Mighty relieved :D

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:01 am

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to inform you that my spouse visa has been approved, all thanks to the people and information available on this forum.

A huge thank you to seagul, as well as geoeng, AmazonianX and Korekt for taking the time to respond to my queries.

I shall post my timeline on the "INDIA" timeline thread since I am in the same timezone and there isn't one for Sri Lanka.

One tiny question though. Is it ok if I travel on an earlier/ later date than the one I specified in my application (within the 30 day window of course)??

I wish everyone all the very best!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:57 am

You can travel on any date within the 30 days visa validity!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.