ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR driving license penalty points

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KP Singh
Newly Registered
India

ILR driving license penalty points

Post by KP Singh » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:25 am

Hi
I am a silent reader of this forum and found very informative and helpful.
Now I am going to apply for ILR LR , I came in this country in February 2010 as tier 4 student and completed MBA in 2011
Got PSW in 2012 after that applied for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa that was refused but got approved from first tier tribunal after completing 3 years Visa I could not apply for extension because business was not doing well and could not create 2 jobs , that's why I applied for FLR on private life as my kids are here more than 7 years and received a visa without any rejection.
Now I am going to apply for ILR on 10 years basis ,my question is that I got 3 penalty points and fine for driving on provisional license in 2011 ( I showed my international driving license but they didn't accept it)
So could anyone let me know in which question I can declare these information as online form didn't say anything and it's a old matter that have been removed from my record.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

bhai86
Pakistan

Re: ILR driving license penalty points

Post by bhai86 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:27 pm

KP Singh wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:25 am
Hi
I am a silent reader of this forum and found very informative and helpful.
Now I am going to apply for ILR LR , I came in this country in February 2010 as tier 4 student and completed MBA in 2011
Got PSW in 2012 after that applied for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa that was refused but got approved from first tier tribunal after completing 3 years Visa I could not apply for extension because business was not doing well and could not create 2 jobs , that's why I applied for FLR on private life as my kids are here more than 7 years and received a visa without any rejection.
Now I am going to apply for ILR on 10 years basis ,my question is that I got 3 penalty points and fine for driving on provisional license in 2011 ( I showed my international driving license but they didn't accept it)
So could anyone let me know in which question I can declare these information as online form didn't say anything and it's a old matter that have been removed from my record.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Yes, it's better to declare driving penalty points:

Convictions and other penalties
At any time have you ever had any of the following
in the UK or in another country?
  • A criminal conviction
  • A penalty for a driving offence, for example
    disqualification for speeding or no motor
    insurance
  • An arrest or charge for which you are currently
    on, or awaiting trial
  • A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
  • A civil court judgment against you, for example
    for non payment of debt, bankruptcy
    proceedings or anti-social behaviour
  • A civil penalty issued under UK immigration
    law

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR driving license penalty points

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:08 pm

All points are removed after 4 years. They have no effect. A penalty point is not a conviction
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KP Singh
Newly Registered
India

BRP card stuck with DVLA

Post by KP Singh » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi
I am in big trouble , could anyone help me . I have applied for ILR and my biometric appointment is on 11th of May 2020 but my ID document BRP card stuck in dvla as my driving license was due to renewal that I sent postal application to dvla on 30th March normally it takes 2 to 3 weeks but now in covid-19 pandemic situation they are taking too long, I have spoken with them but they are not giving anytime fram to returning my license or ID documents.
So please give me advice that what shall I do in this situation.
Shall I call UKVCAS to get help or any other way?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP card stuck with DVLA

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:07 pm

Do you have a good copy of the BRP??

You only need an electronic copy to upload for ILR.

Did you send your passport too?? That would be a problem as you need your original passport for your biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KP Singh
Newly Registered
India

Post by KP Singh » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:07 pm
Do you have a good copy of the BRP??

You only need an electronic copy to upload for ILR.

Did you send your passport too?? That would be a problem as you need your original passport for your biometric appointment.
Hi

Thanks for your reply, I didn't send my passport and I have scanned copy of BRP which already uploaded but during the application submission they have asked about can I provide original documents and one document I can not provide due to dvla long delays.
Is that alright?
Please answer me.
Thank you very much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:43 pm

You don't provide originals at the appointment. You need your passport for ID. If they ask for BRP, simply state it is with another UK Government department.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:47 pm

In addition of what CROO1 have said you can even present them proof of postage/recorded delivery receipt which I am sure you should have.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

KP Singh
Newly Registered
India

Post by KP Singh » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:47 pm
In addition of what CROO1 have said you can even present them proof of postage/recorded delivery receipt which I am sure you should have.
Thank you so much for help. Stay blessed and healthy