ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extend family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Haram
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Extend family member

Post by Haram » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi I’m EU national and want to invite my brother as a extend family member in uk. I’m working 18 hours living with my husband who is also working but we also on part public funds. Is it any chance getting family permit for non Eu brother.thanks

secret.simon

Re: Extend family member

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Is your brother dependent on you? Do you have proof of the dependence?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Haram
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Haram » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:46 pm

My brother is dependent on me and have sending him money like more than 4 years through money gram .

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:39 pm

Hello

The guidance requires that the sponsor shows evidence of financial resources. You can check this document:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -21_SH.pdf

Page 5:

You must show that your brother is genuinely depending on you. You won't demonstrate that by a few receipts from Money Gram or Western Union. You need to show that all his life is supported by yourself.

For instance, I send money to my brother. I can show documents proving that. But if you look closely, he works, he owns a car, a house... and I am just helping him when I have extra money. So he is not dependent on me.

Also, you are technically sharing your Public Funds with your brother abroad. So if you bring him to the UK, it's to be dependent not on yourself but on the public funds.

Such application appears very weak to me. You can still attempt it if you wish but I don't feel it will fly well with the Home Office.

Also, just as a side note: adult relatives are very expensive. I know a lot of people in desperate situations because they didn't anticipate the importance of that cost in their life: move to larger house, pay more for food, pay more bills, dentist, clothes, phone, travels, driving license, non-covered medial expenses... Honestly, it's cheaper to buy a sport car than to accommodate an adult for years.

Other consideration: if the relative in question didn't work for years in his country, the chances of him working in a competitive market in the UK are slim. So really consider this before engaging in a massive responsibility.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:10 pm

@Zerubbabel Everybody knows it's just a pretence. The Home Office is very well aware of it.
18 hours a week and claiming benefits?
I didn't want Brexit to happen but I now fully understand those who voted in favour.
(Very angry today because of recent terrorist attacks and have nothing against the OP!)

Haram
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Haram » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:30 pm

Thankyou very much for your guidance zerubbabel. It was really helpful.