ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR, Spouse Visa - Advice Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssbib
United Kingdom

Re: FLR, Spouse Visa - Advice Please

Post by ssbib » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:59 pm

Just a couple of easy questions today.

Did I read that I don’t need to photocopy our passports and get them stamped by a solicitor for FLR M? Passports are taken to the biometric appointment correct, even mine as the sponsor?

Lastly, do I need to submit all the tenancy agreements for our flat for the full 2 year period or will the latest one be enough?

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:24 pm

Can’t use the re-printed pages from United Utilities. They don’t look right and I don’t want HO thinking I’m trying to pul the wool over their eyes.

Should I use the bill minus the last two pages and include the reason of them being missing in a cover note or should I swap them out for other sources? I have others that I can use but it would leave me with no water bill in the proof of residence section.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:46 pm

ssbib wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:59 pm
Did I read that I don’t need to photocopy our passports and get them stamped by a solicitor for FLR M? Passports are taken to the biometric appointment correct, even mine as the sponsor?
Correct. Applicant's passport is taken to appointment. Scans of applicant's and sponsor's are to be scanned and uploaded with supporting documents, no need to get stamped copies.
ssbib wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:59 pm
Lastly, do I need to submit all the tenancy agreements for our flat for the full 2 year period or will the latest one be enough?
Most recent for evidence of housing costs, any others only if you are using for cohabitation evidence should be fine.
ssbib wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:24 pm
Can’t use the re-printed pages from United Utilities. They don’t look right and I don’t want HO thinking I’m trying to pul the wool over their eyes.

Should I use the bill minus the last two pages and include the reason of them being missing in a cover note or should I swap them out for other sources? I have others that I can use but it would leave me with no water bill in the proof of residence section.
I think you're overthinking this one, doubt it matters either way. HO is able to call UU to confirm if they have concerns. Swap it if it would make you feel more confident in the application. There is no requirement to specifically include a water bill that I am aware of.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:00 pm

Thanks for the input there geoeng, much appreciated.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:55 pm

Please can someone please clarify; when do you apply for FLR (M)?

1) 28 days before the end date on the BRP card
2) After you have been in the country for 30 months?

We initially thought number 1 but someone has told my wife it is actually number 2.

My wife entered the country on 5th September 2017 and the date in her BRP is 22nd May 2020.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:53 am

2. No sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence,counted from date of entry OR anytime before your visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:54 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:53 am
2. No sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence,counted from date of entry OR anytime before your visa expires.
Thanks for that. If I understand correctly that means we can apply anytime now up until 22nd May 2020?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:56 am

Correct, if "now" is within 28 days yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:08 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:56 am
Correct, if "now" is within 28 days yes.
It is yes, she arrived on 5th Sept 2017 so next month will mean she is here 30 months. We thought we could only apply from 20th April so this is good news and bad news. We have decided to not rush this however and plan on submitting in mid-March now.

How long are applications taking to complete at the moment, do you know? We have a holiday booked for July 2020 and we’re going to do the priority service but now we can submit early I am wondering if we would need to do this anymore?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:14 am

How long it takes depends on the device you choose.

Super priority is usually a decision within 24 hours but costs an extra £800.

Standard service usually takes 8 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:14 am

8 weeks should be enough, but I’ll see what the word is closer to submission date before deciding I think.

May I ask one more thing? Do you have the link to the correct online form for this? I think I know where to go but if you could kindly provide a link then I know for certain when it comes to submit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:44 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 am

Thanks CR001, much appreciated for the help again today.

Also I took your advice and re-worked the letters we will be sending in. We now have 9 documents from 7 sources (5 shared sources and 1 unique each) and no repeat sources. Feeling much more confident about this now.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:59 am

ssbib wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:24 am
Do you have the link to the correct online form for this? I think I know where to go but if you could kindly provide a link then I know for certain when it comes to submit.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ily-routes
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:04 am

That’s a completely different link, which one is the correct one? I thought the one sent by CR001?

I should clarify that I am a UK citizen from birth and my wife is already with me in the UK and we are going for FLR (M).

Edit: just realised that when you click “online form” link on the link sent by CR001 it takes me to the page you sent me geoeng, haha, sorry about that. Many thanks to you both.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:07 am

ssbib wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:04 am
I thought the one sent by CR001?
Sorry, it's early still, missed that a link had already been provided :lol:

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:13 am

geoeng wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:07 am
ssbib wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:04 am
I thought the one sent by CR001?
Sorry, it's early still, missed that a link had already been provided :lol:
Sorry for me too, I didn’t realise that you had sent me the same one just one page later, haha. Thanks again.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:14 am

My wife just asked an interesting question: is it 8 weeks from the application date or the biometrics appointment?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:39 am

ssbib wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 am
My wife just asked an interesting question: is it 8 weeks from the application date or the biometrics appointment?
From the application date for FLR.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:47 am

geoeng wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:39 am
ssbib wrote:
That’s good to know, thanks. I don’t think we will need the priority service then if that’s the case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:55 am

geoeng wrote:
ssbib wrote:
Note however that your application only starts being processed once biometrics has been enrolled and ukcvas has transmitted the files to HO. Some have waited weeks to get a biometrics appointment, so factor that in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:59 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:55 am
geoeng wrote:
ssbib wrote:
Note however that your application only starts being processed once biometrics has been enrolled and ukcvas has transmitted the files to HO. Some have waited weeks to get a biometrics appointment, so factor that in.
Are you able to see when your biometrics appointment will be before deciding whether to pay for the priority service or not? I think that appointment date is going to be the deciding factor in whether we choose this service or not. It will be 15 weeks from our application date till we go away on holiday so it would be ideal if I could see what appointments they offer for biometrics before deciding. If I am unsure I’ll just pay for the regular priority I think, we won’t need super priority.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:04 am

Are you able to see when your biometrics appointment will be before deciding whether to pay for the priority service or not?
No. You only get directed to book an appointment after you have paid and selected/paid for the service you choose.
If I am unsure I’ll just pay for the regular priority I think, we won’t need super priority.
My understanding is that the regular 5 day priority service is for PBS work permit based applicants and not for FLR(M) applicants. You will get Standard or Super Priority options.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:04 am
Are you able to see when your biometrics appointment will be before deciding whether to pay for the priority service or not?
No. You only get directed to book an appointment after you have paid and selected/paid for the service you choose.
If I am unsure I’ll just pay for the regular priority I think, we won’t need super priority.
My understanding is that the regular 5 day priority service is for PBS work permit based applicants and not for FLR(M) applicants. You will get Standard or Super Priority options.
Well both of those are a kick in the teeth! I wonder why they wouldn’t offer standard priority for FLR(M)? We will have a think and decide on that closer to the time but thanks for the info.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:03 am

Good morning all. May I ask another couple of questions?

Do I need to get passport photos of my wife and I before we submit the FLR (M) application? I read somewhere that we do but my wife says we don’t. If we do, do I need to get them signed by a person of good standing etc?

Also, do the new immigration rules announced this morning affect visas for family route? I can’t see any mention of a change to the rules for family members but wanted to ask here. If they DO decide to change the rules, for example increase the financial requirements, would we have to meet the new threshold or would we still only have to meet the current one because we are part way through the 5 year route?

Thanks all, have a good day.