ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CITIZENSHIP - ENGLISH REQUIREMENT ONLINE FORM CONFUSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hotmale
India

Citizenship Spouse/ILR confused

Post by hotmale » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi I am on ILR for past 5 years and my wife acquired citizenship couple of months ago.
I’ve few queries
- I am planning to file my application soon and I can do this in two ways i.e under ILR rule and under spouse of British citizen. I would need your advise as which one will be better (if any) I’ve read, if I choose as spouse option, then 3 year travel history is required otherwise 5 year.

- Are there any other benefits of applying as spouse over ILR

- Whatever option I go for do I need full 10 years p60 or can I provide 5 years p-60??

- I use to be on student visa for around 3 years, and in the immigration history category Can I just mention 3 year as student for example jun-xx to jun-xx+3 or do I have to provide the full breakdown which course, start end date etc?

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship Spouse/ILR confused

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:05 pm

Hello

Sometimes you may qualify under 2 routes. You have to pick up the best for you. Usually, married to a British citizen makes it easier as the qualifying period is shorter and it means less documents to collect and send. But the cost of the application is the same and the processing speed is the same too.

If you have been married to a British citizen for 3 years+ and have an ILR, you can go this route. (We don't care if she got naturalised 2 months ago. The question is have you been married for 3 years minimum at the moment of your application?)

You don't need to provide the details of the courses you followed while student.

But in any case, you need to fill a table with your jobs in the UK during the last 10 years. Don't send supporting documents about them. You just need to fill the jobs occupied.

If you have been married to a British citizen for 3 years, the qualifying period is then 3 years. So you don't need to send 10 years worth of documents.

Fill the online application first. So will ensure you have all the needed information in one place. At this end, it will show the list of documents required for you:
SECTION 10 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:
• payslips
• P60’s
• letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their
employment including start and finish dates

hotmale
India

CITIZENSHIP - ENGLISH REQUIREMENT ONLINE FORM CONFUSION

Post by hotmale » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi I’ve obtained my ILR early 2013, and recently been to TRINTIY b1 test to meet English test requirements.
I am submitting the online application and when I fill the details regarding English requirement it ask for

Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?
I say yes as I’ve used this in my extension in 2010 where I’ve claimed points from online tier-1 calculator.

Next few questions are:
Do you have a degree that was taught in English?
Yes
Country your degree was taught in
notuk
Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa?
No - as dont have naric statements and its very hard to get letter from the college back home ive tried already

What will you use to prove your degree taught in English
Degree Certificate

I mean it doesn’t give me an option to provide gese-b1 certificate.
Am I doing anything wrong here.

I've played around and if chose do you have degree taught in english as NO then the option apears for some reason

Any advice does this mean i dont need trintiiy ???

Thanks

hotmale
India

Re: CITIZENSHIP - ENGLISH REQUIREMENT ONLINE FORM CONFUSION

Post by hotmale » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:47 pm

sorry for the capitals in the subject

hotmale
India

Urgent - Online application query

Post by hotmale » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:27 pm

ILR obtained in 2013
Degree taught in English from India, but no UKNARIC certificate to prove the degree is equivalent to a UK degree.
Degree already used for Tier-1 and ILR application using online calculators.But the Points based system was abolished in around 2016.
I've now passed English language test certificate from Trinity gese-b1.

And the only way this test can be used is by using the following option:

The online application form has a question: ‘Do you have a degree that was taught in English’ as NO

Is this right way to provide english test as dont want to look like I am lieing to the homeoffice??

(sorry Admin :?: ive uploaded the similar query earlier please can you remove that as this is simplified version.)

hotmale
India

Re: Citizenship Spouse/ILR confused

Post by hotmale » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:29 pm

Thanks for your reply and advice

Sorry for late reply

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:04 pm

You should just select the option stating that you have done the B1 test.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:13 pm

The online application form has a question: ‘Do you have a degree that was taught in English’ as NO
This is ok because you are not using your degree to satisfy the English requirement - the fact you have a degree as such is not relevant for anything else. You have B1.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:20 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:13 pm
This is ok because you are not using your degree to satisfy the English requirement - the fact you have a degree as such is not relevant for anything else. You have B1.
Thanks for quick reply can u pls advice:

Is this right way to provide english test as dont want to look like I am lieing to the homeoffice??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:27 pm

The degree question is ONLY relevant to using it to meet the requirements. HO really don't care what qualifications you have and won't hold it against you for saying no to an English requirement degree question!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:27 pm
The degree question is ONLY relevant to using it to meet the requirements. HO really don't care what qualifications you have and won't hold it against you for saying no to an English requirement degree question!
Thanks Casa you guys are amazing.

Thanks for your valuable advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:51 pm

hotmale wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:39 pm
CR001 wrote:

CR001 not casa :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:51 pm
hotmale wrote:
CR001 wrote:

:oops:

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:34 pm

hotmale wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:52 pm
CR001 wrote:
hotmale wrote:
CR001 wrote:

:oops:
One more query:
“ Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?”

Ive used online pbs calculator for english requirements so should I mark ‘yes’ as an answer (in jan2013 and han2010)

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
hotmale wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Hi can you pls advise on this:

“ Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?”

Ive used online pbs calculator for english requirements so should I mark ‘yes’ as an answer (in jan2013 and han2010)