ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport delivery redirection

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nirmal_kishore

Passport delivery redirection

Post by nirmal_kishore » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:46 am

Hi
My wife recently applied for her passport and received a text saying that the passport will be delivered to her in the next few working days. This was literally in the last 20 mins so nothing yet about DX.
We actually provided the address of our rented property as it is our permanent address and because we agreed with the letting agent that we will be notified of any incoming mail. All our other mail has been redirected to a different address however DX only deliver to the address on the application. The challenge now is that our tenant is out of the country for a few days which means that we won't be able to obtain the passport. My understanding is that if there is no one to sign, a note is left however we won't be able to access the note either.
DX's webpage says that if we need it to be delivered to a different address they can do it but they would have to obtain authorisation from HMPO. https://www.dxdelivery.com/static/HMPO/

Has anyone been in this situation before, and what is the best course of action?

rgds

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport delivery redirection

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:51 pm

These secure deliveries from DX are under special contract with HMPO.

The rules are strict. They won't redirect unless the HMPO tell them do to so. So you probably need to contact HMPO.

Also, if I may, use your correct address with the authorities. You rented your place, you don't live there, you should let your tenant enjoy his tenancy and minimise your incursions. Sooner or later, you will start losing important documents...