ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Card or Settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PAPITO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Residence Card or Settlement

Post by PAPITO » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:38 pm

HI
I hope someone can give us advise as my niece (German National) travelled together with Non EU husband in November. She has applied for Settlement Scheme (no problem) but when applying for her husband it says need proof to be here in UK for 6 months. Now in 6 months his FP expires. Should he apply for the Residence card FORM EEA (FM) or wait for his visa to expire? I guess my nice went OK without asking 6 months probably as she used her NINO a couple of years ago in UK while she was living here temporarily. !?!

Just not sure if it is worth applying for Residence card and how long it will take, probably he'll have 6 months residency by the time he gets it...

If applying for RC, Would both need to apply??

Thanks

PAPITO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Residence Card or Settlement

Post by PAPITO » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:40 pm

BTW, he works buyt wish to change jobs but due to his VISA expiring in April he's not having much luck. At his current Job they are asking him about this situation too :cry:

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:19 pm

PAPITO wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:40 pm
BTW, he works buyt wish to change jobs but due to his VISA expiring in April he's not having much luck.
He surely has a National Insurance number with history, then? That's proof of his UK residency.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:23 pm

PAPITO wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:38 pm
when applying for her husband it says need proof to be here in UK for 6 months
I'm puzzled by this. As far as I understood, there is no required residence to apply for the Settlement Scheme (since starting from 1 day of residence you can get pre-Setlted status)? Where exactly is this showing up? Can you quote the text?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

PAPITO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PAPITO » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:26 pm

I know...He can prove living in UK but not for 6 months as per requested on the settlement scheme application. It says at the end before submitting:
We need evidence of your residence in the last 6 months
We have found tax or benefits history that shows you have been resident in the UK. But we have not been able to confirm that you have been resident in the UK in the last 6 months.

This may be because there are gaps in our records or we may not be able to match our records to the information you have given.

What you need to do
To apply for pre-settled status you will need to upload some evidence that you have been resident in the UK for at least one day in the last 6 months.

PAPITO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PAPITO » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:27 pm

1 day in the last 6 months means 6 months ago or just 1 day anytime in the previous 6 months??
Anyway although he has NINO, it's recent and not payed through PAYE yet using this code.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:56 pm

PAPITO wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:27 pm
1 day in the last 6 months means 6 months ago or just 1 day anytime in the previous 6 months??
1 day anytime in the previous 6 months.

PAPITO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by PAPITO » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:30 pm

Thanks

I have help him to continue, now asking for appointment to enrol his Biometrics ??
Costs is £110 to £180....month form today cheapest £75

He has his biometrics taken in his country when applying to FP visa....Is there a need to do it again>??
Who or where can we call/contact to ask?

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:08 pm

PAPITO wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:30 pm
Thanks

I have help him to continue, now asking for appointment to enrol his Biometrics ??
Costs is £110 to £180....month form today cheapest £75

He has his biometrics taken in his country when applying to FP visa....Is there a need to do it again>??
Who or where can we call/contact to ask?
I’m afraid you need to do it again. General rule: one application - one biometrics