ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa - Proof of Intent to Marry

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jenjen28
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Fiance Visa - Finance Query

Post by jenjen28 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:41 am

Hi,

I just have a couple things I'm wondering about. I got a promotion in the summer so my salary is now above the required £18,600. I'm coming up to having had this for nearly 6 months now so we are starting the rather daunting task of getting all our required documents together.

I have 2 queries really...

1. In the six months I have had my new salary I changed bank accounts, will I submit bank statements from both banks?

2. Since my pay increase I have been using the extra money to pay off some credit cards that I had. This means that at the end of each month my account would be low/empty (not overdrawn) as I've been using whatever's left to make more than minimum monthly payments. Will this be an issue? Obviously they will see this on the submitted bank statements so I was just curious/hopeful that this wouldn't be problematic...

Thanks for any help / words of wisdom ☺️

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Fiance Visa - Finance Query

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:50 am

jenjen28 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:41 am
Hi,

I just have a couple things I'm wondering about. I got a promotion in the summer so my salary is now above the required £18,600. I'm coming up to having had this for nearly 6 months now so we are starting the rather daunting task of getting all our required documents together.

I have 2 queries really...

1. In the six months I have had my new salary I changed bank accounts, will I submit bank statements from both banks? Yes

2. Since my pay increase I have been using the extra money to pay off some credit cards that I had. This means that at the end of each month my account would be low/empty (not overdrawn) as I've been using whatever's left to make more than minimum monthly payments. Will this be an issue? Obviously they will see this on the submitted bank statements so I was just curious/hopeful that this wouldn't be problematic... The Entry Clearance Officer isn't interested in the level of funds held in your bank account, only that you meet the minimum income level of £18,600.

Thanks for any help / words of wisdom ☺️
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jenjen28
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jenjen28 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:54 am

Thank you so much, my mind is much more at ease now. I'd been delaying get started as I felt this may have been an issue!

I may be hitting the boards with further queries over the coming weeks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:01 am

jenjen28 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:54 am
Thank you so much, my mind is much more at ease now. I'd been delaying get started as I felt this may have been an issue!

I may be hitting the boards with further queries over the coming weeks!
You're welcome.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jenjen28
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Fiance Visa - Finance - Category A or Category B

Post by jenjen28 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:34 pm

Hi All,

I have what I'm hoping will be a relatively straight forward question but I'm just wanting to seek clarification before we apply for anything.

We are wanting to apply for the fiance visa but I have a small query around whether we would fall into Category A or Category B for our financial evidence.

I have been employed at the same company for five years. However, pre August 2019 my job role was slightly different and my salary did not reach the required total. In August I secured a promotion and my gross income is now over 18,600.

I have been receiving my new salary for 6 months as of the end of January pay day.

Do we apply under category A and provide 6 months of payslips, 6 month bank statement corroborating the payslips plus letter from employer?

I only ask as I saw one of the Category B options says employed for more than 12 months by same employer but current salary held for less than 12 months. It is this that has now left me confused about which we should apply in this situation?!?!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Fiance Visa - Finance - Category A or Category B

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:43 pm

jenjen28 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:34 pm
Hi All,

I have what I'm hoping will be a relatively straight forward question but I'm just wanting to seek clarification before we apply for anything.

We are wanting to apply for the fiance visa but I have a small query around whether we would fall into Category A or Category B for our financial evidence.

I have been employed at the same company for five years. However, pre August 2019 my job role was slightly different and my salary did not reach the required total. In August I secured a promotion and my gross income is now over 18,600.

I have been receiving my new salary for 6 months as of the end of January pay day.

Do we apply under category A and provide 6 months of payslips, 6 month bank statement corroborating the payslips plus letter from employer?

I only ask as I saw one of the Category B options says employed for more than 12 months by same employer but current salary held for less than 12 months. It is this that has now left me confused about which we should apply in this situation?!?!

Category A. And only supply 6 months of payslips and corresponding bank statements by making sure that your wages never fallen than £1550 during any month from the last 6 months.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jenjen28
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jenjen28 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:53 pm

I assume that this is pre tax - actual amount received post tax being slightly less?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:03 pm

jenjen28 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:53 pm
I assume that this is pre tax - actual amount received post tax being slightly less?
Yes before any deductions but if you are paying any pension which cut down your wages from £1550 a month then you may not meet the requirement because HO deduct it to determine the income. Although there is no guidance about it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jenjen28
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jenjen28 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:22 pm

Okay, thank you for the information. I have never seen this anywhere before, but as you mentioned there is lack of guidance around this that could possibly explain why!!

I do contribute to a pension scheme (auto enrolled by employer, I contribute and they contribute). I have done a very quick scan of this now and feel like I would be above 1550 a month after the pension contribution is deducted but before tax, NI is deducted. Priority of tomorrow is now to find out exactly my monthly contribution and pray it isn't much higher than I've roughly estimated!

jenjen28
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jenjen28 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:27 pm

Sorry, I am now panicking. Do you have any advice for if this is the case?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:34 pm

jenjen28 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:27 pm
Sorry, I am now panicking. Do you have any advice for if this is the case?
If your gross income after pension deduction meets the income requirement then you should be fine. See a similar thread:

immigration-for-family-members/uk-spous ... 63184.html

jenjen28
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jenjen28 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:53 pm

Looking at it again I believe I have calculated wrong and will fall below this. To say I am devastated is an understatement. I can't believe there isn't more guidance around this readily available. Now we have another 6 month set back to contend with.

I also do some freelance work for an American company online. Do you have any idea whether this can be combined with my salaried income?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:18 am

jenjen28 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:53 pm
Looking at it again I believe I have calculated wrong and will fall below this. To say I am devastated is an understatement. I can't believe there isn't more guidance around this readily available. Now we have another 6 month set back to contend with.

I also do some freelance work for an American company online. Do you have any idea whether this can be combined with my salaried income?
If you have six months old cash savings in excess of £16000 then it can cover the shortfall. Freelance work if registered in UK and you are paying taxes on them only then it might be accepted but it will even make the case more complex because of extra documents you will have to supply.

jenjen28
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jenjen28 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:02 am

I wish I did.

Looks like I may have to try and seek some advice on potentially using the freelance income. Or wait another six months. I wish I'd known earlier - would have opted out when they gave me my promotion!

jenjen28
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Fiance Visa - Land Registry

Post by jenjen28 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:04 am

Hi All,

I've just downloaded the relevant Land Registry documents from https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/e ... AProperty/

I was wondering whether this would be enough or whether I need to contact my local Land Registry office for an official copy?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Fiance Visa - Land Registry

Post by TODMATT » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:09 am

jenjen28 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:04 am
Hi All,

I've just downloaded the relevant Land Registry documents from https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/e ... AProperty/

I was wondering whether this would be enough or whether I need to contact my local Land Registry office for an official copy?
That should suffice.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

jenjen28
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Fiance Visa - Proof of Intent to Marry

Post by jenjen28 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi All,

I'm after some advice really. I'm just wondering what I can submit as evidence as our intention to marry evidence?

I have just been in contact with my local registry office to try and book a ceremony for our intended date for marriage but have been unable to do so. As my partner is not British they have said they can't take a booking until after we have given notice to marry (which we also can't do until he is in the country). Obviously as part of the visa application it asks for evidence that you intend to get married within the six months...I figured that this booking would be the evidence? I have contacted a different registry office (as advised by my local office) and they have said that I could book our appointment to give notice as this can be booked with a future date - would this appointment be enough evidence that we intend to marry?

Atlas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Fiance Visa - Proof of Intent to Marry

Post by Atlas » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:27 pm

The more evidence you provide the better.

- reciepts for engagement/ wedding rings
- email correspondence with venues
- hotel bookings

I would suggest placing a deposit with a refundable wedding venue.

See immigration-for-family-members/refused- ... 91229.html