ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal record and EU pre-settled and settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

luke2020
Newly Registered
Mood:
European Union

Criminal record and EU pre-settled and settled status

Post by luke2020 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:36 pm

Hello

I have a criminal record from back home, a EU country. Events date to 2013 but due to the slow justice system I was only convicted in 2018. I've been in UK since 2015-2016.
So I have a few questions regarding the EU (pre-)settlement process. Would be grateful for any clarifications.

Please note I haven't applied yet.

(1) When would I need to provide a copy of my criminal record from my home country? Was wondering if I could apply for pre-settled now and then in 5 years from now provide my record. This way the conviction is spent and no longer in my record so I don't have to declare it.

(2) Do I need to provide any info of my conviction? I was sentenced to 5 months suspended. Meaning I never went to jail and instead paid a fine. It's not violence nor drug related. But it's something shameful and indecent that I deeply regret. And I'm concerned on having to say what is it. Forcing me to leave another footprint.

(3) Does the UK contact my home country for my criminal record? I find that difficult to believe otherwise why would they ask me about it if they could simply do that.

(4) Will a UK police record be created for me? Does it get created with any information I provide? Note that I'm talking about police record which includes everything, including things now shown in the criminal record.

(5) What happens if I don't declare any criminal conviction?

(6) I've seen the thread about wait times and people say around 7 weeks. Was this the same for those with criminal record?

Thank you very much for your help.

Zynmalikkkk
United Kingdom

Re: Criminal record and EU pre-settled and settled status

Post by Zynmalikkkk » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:12 pm

if your prison sentence is twelve months or more then you have to declare it otherwise not.
When you will apply online you will be asked about that and because you were given less than twelve months you don't have to tell home office about this criminal record.