ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for entry clerance from UK - Indian Salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

besttime
Newly Registered

Apply for entry clerance from UK - Indian Salary

Post by besttime » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:16 am

Friends

I have received HSMP approval letter which was applied from India. I am at UK right now on WP. I am getting allowannces here and my salary is being paid through india payroll.

1) I do not have a residence proof at UK and I am staying on company accomodation in a hotel.
2) My salary is being credited to India bank account with perdiems at UK

In this case can I apply for entry clerance from UK?

Regards
Freaked

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Apply for entry clerance from UK - Indian Salary

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm

besttime wrote:In this case can I apply for entry clerance from UK?
Leave to enter (entry clearance) application can only be made from outside UK. What you need to apply for is "leave to remain".

If your WP is valid for a year or more, I believe you should be able to apply for "leave to remain" from within UK on basis of your HSMP approval (even if HSMP application was made from India). You might want to check with UKBA directly so that no doubt remains.

You'll need to provide evidence of maintenance funds (you can use UK or Indian bank account(s)). For detailed information about maintenance funds, read the Tier 1 policy guidance. Reading this might also be helpful.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

besttime
Newly Registered

Post by besttime » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:00 am

Ms. Mehta
Thanks for your response. If I can apply from UK, I am wondering whether accomodation could be an issue? Should I show a residence proof at UK? Any idea on how much time they will take for processing FLR as I will have to give my passport?

Thanks

sushdmehta wrote:
besttime wrote:In this case can I apply for entry clerance from UK?
Leave to enter (entry clearance) application can only be made from outside UK. What you need to apply for is "leave to remain".

If your WP is valid for a year or more, I believe you should be able to apply for "leave to remain" from within UK on basis of your HSMP approval (even if HSMP application was made from India). You might want to check with UKBA directly so that no doubt remains.

You'll need to provide evidence of maintenance funds (you can use UK or Indian bank account(s)). For detailed information about maintenance funds, read the Tier 1 policy guidance. Reading this might also be helpful.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:14 am

besttime wrote: If I can apply from UK, I am wondering whether accomodation could be an issue?
Don't think so.
besttime wrote:Any idea on how much time they will take for processing FLR as I will have to give my passport?
Can be anywhere from 6-12 weeks. Search the forum for timelines posted by UK applicants to get a better idea .. there are loads of posts on this (timelines).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

piyush123

URGENT

Post by piyush123 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi,

We can apply for TIER-1 (GENERAL) within the UK called as Leave To Remain with a reduced fee if we have a valid HSMP APPROVAL LETTER.

My case is same as yours. I am coming to UK on WP. But my HSMP Approval Letter is valid till september only. So, after coming to UK, I'll apply for TIER-1 with HSMP Approval letter and reduced fee. This I need to do without wasting any time, else the letter wud no longer be valid.

I have a query to you all. When applying from within the UK for TIER-1, do I need to send all those documents again which I previously sent to obtain the HSMP Approval letter. OR, only the HSMP Approval letter is sufficient.
I have read all the forms/guideline docs etc, but I couldn't find the answer of this query. Can you please suggest.

Thanks a lot in advance!!
Anxiously waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Piyush