ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ngoo
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by Ngoo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:45 pm

mummy21 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:50 pm
Hi all

My son is only 14 months and does not have a childminder as I cannot afford one. I can only provide a letter from the GP as I. Am not registered with a dentist and he is not in school and the HB have told me they are no longer allowed to write letters. I had already provided the GP letter in my initial application so wondering what more I can provide or they want.

My biggest fear is they will say my son should be cared for by his father who he barely knows if I return to my country. My child cannot stay in this country without me so will have to leave as I am his primary carer and the resident parent. The question to me feels redundant. How can you force a child to stay with a parent he does not know?
@mummy21, you can also get a letter from your pastor or church as evidence. Good luck

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:41 pm

Chris90 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:23 am
Hey snooky,

I did have a chat with the folks over at PHSO got a reference number, thanks for the direction.

Also been in contact with my mp but that's an ongoing task.
As of recent I spoke to resolution centre to chase up the escalation of my case to the quality control, the did say my case was reffered to them but they are awaiting response. Are you familiar with the process relating to how things work over at quality control, could not find anything online about them.

Thanks.
Good

The Quality Control Management are the game changers but if honestly some call centre receptionists would forward your case as promised.

If they do, when you phone the settlement scheme people they would give you a different update not the caseworker is considering holy-smoke stuff

Yes now wait for the reply then if the complaint Department gives you negative info, let us know and we will direct you. We are all pushing it

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:59 pm

@mummy21

-the last time my child saw their father
Ans: when the dad worked out of the relationship whilst the child was really an infant

-why my son's father cannot take care of him
Ans: Because the baby still breastfeeding and the man does not want to have anything with us because he moved in with another woman

Evidence of my child's presence in the UK
Ans: tenancy agreement stating You and child live at the address, appointment letters, any letters from anymore that say parent off

Evidence of me being his primary caregiver.
Ans: letter from GP and Church

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Chris90 wrote:
Hey snooky,

I did have a chat with the folks over at PHSO got a reference number, thanks for the direction.

As of recent I spoke to resolution centre to chase up the escalation of my case to the quality control, the did say my case was reffered to them but they are awaiting response. Are you familiar with the process relating to how things work over at quality control, could not find anything online about them.

Thanks.
. Hello Chris90, looks like they really referred your case to Quality Control because I was once told by a lady I spoke to during my call to EU resolution centre that she would notify Quality Control of my complaint about not receiving my COA, (I didn’t believe her) I kept calling. During one of the calls another lady checked and told me she could see that I would soon receive my COA. I still didn’t believe but after a week, I received my COA. Just keep calling.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:30 pm

mummy21 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:35 pm
Yes this was an EU Settlement application.
Application made: 15th July
Biometrics received and done 29th July
COA received: 8th August
Letter for more evidence: 11 February 2020
Hi hope u will hav good news soon. Is ur application for pre settle status?

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:59 pm

mummy21 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:04 pm
Hi everyone

I sent in a complaint last week about the length of time my application was taking and my dire circumstances.

Today I received a letter asking for more evidence relating to the following:
-the last time my child saw their father (sporadically and he has seen his child less than 10 times since he was born. My child is 14 months old)
-why my son's father cannot take care of him (I am my son's primary caregiver and resident parent. He is not involved in my son's life and is now married as well as unreported domestic abuse)
-wvidence of my child's presence in the UK(I have sent his red book with all his check ups and vaccinations as well as over 30 NHS appointment letters and a letter from the GP
-Evidence of me being his primary caregiver. (I have sent a letter from GP stating this and that we are registered together and I am the only one who attends his appointments)

This is the evidence I have sent previously when j first made my application. For more evidence I plan to
-resend GP letter stating I am primary carer
-send more NHS letters for my son
-a letter from me and my brother saying I am his primary caregiver and my son is breastfed

What else can I send?

Are they planning on denying my application and saying my 14 month old can be cared for by his father if I were to leave the UK? How is that fair? What can I provide to counter this

Please help
. Mummy21, my GP said he doesn’t write such letters, all they do is you pay 30pounds, they write a letter for you stating you are registered with them another 30pounds they write another letter stating your child is registered with them. 60 pounds for two letters containing a paragraph each. I had no option than to also attach the letter from the Children’s Services (when we were given Section 17 support) stating that I am the sole carer. My child’s school unfortunately doesn’t write such letters too. They only give you a letter stating your child attends their school. Even their after school club just gives a letter stating your child’s name, their OFSTED number and your weekly bill for their services. I had to print some of my online Parent Pay Account and attach a couple of receipts for cash payments plus school letters with barcode and send to them.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:19 pm

Mummy21, even though our GP letters just stated our address and that we were registered with them, I felt relieved that at least it showed my child and I live at same address.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:55 pm

snooky wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:41 pm
Chris90 wrote:
Hey snooky,

Thanks.
Good

The Quality Control Management are the game changers but if honestly some call centre receptionists would forward your case as promised.

If they do, when you phone the settlement scheme people they would give you a different update not the caseworker is considering holy-smoke stuff

Yes now wait for the reply then if the complaint Department gives you negative info, let us know and we will direct you. We are all pushing it
Yea, I hope they get the ball moving, I remember once I spoke to manger and he was like they have been sending letters out for paper application. I think they do send out the Coa and decisions in batches as to why there 4 to 5 days delay when you receive the Coa and check the date on it.

I'm really hoping they start pushing these cases out.
we all got lives to plan and sort out.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:57 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:28 pm
Chris90 wrote:
Hey snooky,

Thanks.
. Hello Chris90, looks like they really referred your case to Quality Control because I was once told by a lady I spoke to during my call to EU resolution centre that she would notify Quality Control of my complaint about not receiving my COA, (I didn’t believe her) I kept calling. During one of the calls another lady checked and told me she could see that I would soon receive my COA. I still didn’t believe but after a week, I received my COA. Just keep calling.
Thanks, I will definitely continue call them and query my case. They will not discourage me.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:06 pm

The fact that after so many months they only just making contact with mummy21 further my belief that they are not actively working paper cases by doing substantial casework but putting down and picking as they do other things. That length of time is outrageous I really do hope the demand for a response to our application turn them in our direction.

Best wishes to everyone

mummy21
United Kingdom

Post by mummy21 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:23 pm

Hi everyone

My son's father has said he will also provide a letter so will resend GP letter, letter from myself a s my brother .

I also have 13 more letters from NHS saying "to the parent of child's name" in addition to the 30+ letters I submitted initially.

I will literally look for baby related receipts and see if I can access my son's medical records to prove be has attended them.

That is honestly the best I can do. I might try to access record of my calls to charities regarding domestic abuse under GDPR and add those as well but I don't know if that will be possible by the deadline they have given me.

If they decline my application I'm not sure there is much else I could have done.

mummy21
United Kingdom

Post by mummy21 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:14 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:30 pm
mummy21 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:35 pm
Yes this was an EU Settlement application.
Application made: 15th July
Biometrics received and done 29th July
COA received: 8th August
Letter for more evidence: 11 February 2020
Hi hope u will hav good news soon. Is ur application for pre settle status?
Yes it is for pre-settled status. Thank you everyone for all your help. Fingers crossed this worked. I will continue to use your suggestions and advice. I used your advice about complaining and within two weeks got some movement from HO as well as accommodation for my son and I.

I wish everyone the absolute best. It's amazing the camaraderie and knowledge on this forum. I will always pass on any knowledge I have because it makes a huge difference to someone's life.

You are all amazing

Fustrated2019
United Kingdom

Post by Fustrated2019 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:38 pm

Hello, I have a question if someone could please help me . I send my application for the Eu settlement scheme a week ago and today , I came home a missed parcel postcard . It states on the card that it is a letter and it’s to be signed for . For those of you that have applied we’re your ids returned in a signed for envelope or did you receive your coa in a signed for envelope. I am not expecting any official letter so it could only be the home office
Please help . I am very nervous and anxious as to what is is . Thank you

Darasimidd
United Kingdom

Post by Darasimidd » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:16 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:38 pm
Hello, I have a question if someone could please help me . I send my application for the Eu settlement scheme a week ago and today , I came home a missed parcel postcard . It states on the card that it is a letter and it’s to be signed for . For those of you that have applied we’re your ids returned in a signed for envelope or did you receive your coa in a signed for envelope. I am not expecting any official letter so it could only be the home office
Maybe your passport and biometric letter. My passport and letter to have my biometric was sent a week after I submitted my application.

Fustrated2019
United Kingdom

Post by Fustrated2019 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:19 pm

Darasimidd wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:16 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Maybe your passport and biometric letter. My passport and letter to have my biometric was sent a week after I submitted my application.
Thank you very much for your reply. That puts my mind at rest . Was it sent as signed for ?

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
. Yes, our passports and my Biometric letter came back by ‘Signed For’ delivery.

Fustrated2019
United Kingdom

Post by Fustrated2019 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:41 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:24 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
. Yes, our passports and my Biometric letter came back by ‘Signed For’ delivery.
Thank you. My mind is at rest now 😊

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:23 am

Hi every one

We have new update zambrano guidance under eu settlement scheme its version 3. I have not read it yet. But can see patel vs ssd still there. No update for supream court ruling.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:47 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:23 am
Hi every one

We have new update zambrano guidance under eu settlement scheme its version 3. I have not read it yet. But can see patel vs ssd still there. No update for supream court ruling.
Mubashir

I have read this V3 Zambrano EU Settlement Scheme DR guidance and it is really sad to say that Home Office still upholds the DECEPTIVE Zambrano interpretations

They have made so many good tweaks but not updated the Patel vs SSHD to Supreme Court Ruling but still Court of Appeals outdated ruling of 2017

From my understanding, henceforth Zambrano would be determined by the courts rather than Home Office.

The only good thing about it is that on page 22 the bottom bit clearly states that if someone with leave to remain is going to be refused and had only 28 days or less on the visa then the caseworker should be consider Zambrano and its compelling requirements to safeguard the Union Minor Citizen.

This wording is a partial interpretation of 2019 Patel vs SSHD Ruling

Then now also stating in the guidance with this useless GRAMMER any LEAVE under Domestic UK Immigration must be refused

In a null shell, this Zambrano Guidance V3 published on 13 February 2020 is totally INCOMPATIBLE to Zambrano Ruling C34/09 and Article 20 of TFEU

The courts is now peoples mercy in Zambrano EU Settlement Scheme and Zambrano EEA applications

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:28 pm

snooky wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:47 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Hi every one

Mubashir

I have read this V3 Zambrano EU Settlement Scheme DR guidance and it is really sad to say that Home Office still upholds the DECEPTIVE Zambrano interpretations

They have made so many good tweaks but not updated the Patel vs SSHD to Supreme Court Ruling but still Court of Appeals outdated ruling of 2017

From my understanding, henceforth Zambrano would be determined by the courts rather than Home Office.

The only good thing about it is that on page 22 the bottom bit clearly states that if someone with leave to remain is going to be refused and had only 28 days or less on the visa then the caseworker should be consider Zambrano and its compelling requirements to safeguard the Union Minor Citizen.

Then now also stating in the guidance with this useless GRAMMER any LEAVE under Domestic UK Immigration must be refused

In a null shell, this Zambrano Guidance V3 published on 13 February 2020 is totally INCOMPATIBLE to Zambrano Ruling C34/09 and Article 20 of TFEU

The courts is now peoples mercy in Zambrano EU Settlement Scheme and Zambrano EEA applications
Hi Snooky

I do not think is a good think on page 22, I think is a bad new for people with current LTR they will refuse. We don’t have any chances is pointless been waiting for decision over four months and we know what to expect.

I think this is very bad news

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:25 pm

IST wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:28 pm
snooky wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:47 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Hi every one

Mubashir

Hi Snooky

I do not think is a good think on page 22, I think is a bad new for people with current LTR they will refuse. We don’t have any chances is pointless been waiting for decision over four months and we know what to expect.

I think this is very bad news
Mubashir

I understand your grieve but trust the UK courts, they are not there for Departmental Guidance.

They are the to uphold the LAW.

No one should be in dread or fear. For Guidances are not law. U remember when I was going Court my barrister and solicitor were saying the chanceas were slim.

But I said to them Home Office guidance isnt a law and the guidance was incompatible with my case and Zambrano cases so we should go. I did a lot of of debate and explanations myself and my barrister was really shocked.

What Home Office doing is get some thousands for Zambrano not millions

Mubashir, as far as Patel vs SSHD went to Supreme Court and is the final Court for abritration, Home Office is a goner. Home Office is lost in transit.

Please be positive and dont let the guidance way you down

If you read the guidance well, Home Office quotes and unquotes criteria of laws from 16(1) to 16(8) of the EEA derivative regulations but when it comes to their domestic stuff there isnt a criterian because they (inserted) these shenanigans.

The should be adhere to and must be followed.

That's Why parliament has granted eu settlement scheme users First-tier Tribunal, administrative Review and judicial review.

Dont panick

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi snooky
Hope u r good. New guidance seems contradictory and ambiguous. On p22 its says where applicatlnt have leas than 28 daya stage 4 should not consider. At the same time where someone have not made attempt to make uk law application clearley says refuse application.
Best interest of child and conclusion seems good but if it could still be considered after stage 4 not sure.
That also seems to me new patel case interpretation.
I rang phso 2day they said ask homeoffice to review my complaint then come to us. Anyhow they gave ne ref no. But complaint will only b possible after final review from HO.
Then need to ask mp to send them.
Thanks

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:21 pm

Hi snooky

I got notification of my appeal now. Next they tell me whn i have to submit the bundle. How much there will be time game between time they tell me to submit and final date to submit bundle. Any idea?

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:33 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:21 pm
Hi snooky

I got notification of my appeal now. Next they tell me whn i have to submit the bundle. How much there will be time game between time they tell me to submit and final date to submit bundle. Any idea?
Normally your bundle should be in a week before your Court date of appearance. (One week before go to Court)

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:46 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 pm
Hi snooky
Hope u r good. New guidance seems contradictory and ambiguous. On p22 its says where applicatlnt have leas than 28 daya stage 4 should not consider. At the same time where someone have not made attempt to make uk law application clearley says refuse application.
Best interest of child and conclusion seems good but if it could still be considered after stage 4 not sure.
That also seems to me new patel case interpretation.
I rang phso 2day they said ask homeoffice to review my complaint then come to us. Anyhow they gave ne ref no. But complaint will only b possible after final review from HO.
Then need to ask mp to send them.
Thanks
Thats Why it is incompatible to Zambrano Ruling under Patel vs SSHD December 2019 Supreme Court judgment. The same word I used in court ambiguous and even Lord LJ Irwin said it in 2017 Court of Appeal ruling which Home Office used for v2

Dont worry too much. Home Office can refuse as much as the can but the courts will allow all appeals that meet regulations criteria

16(1) 16(5) 16(6) 16(8) and Article 20 of TFEU regulations 7 of the derivatives, section 55 and un Convention 3(1) of a child