ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceptional Circumstances

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EP17
Newly Registered
India

Exceptional Circumstances

Post by EP17 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:49 am

Hi everyone,
I got an email from the HO yesterday saying that due to exceptional circumstances my application will not be processed within the 8-week timeframe. Although there was no reason given for the same, I am assuming it is because this is my 2nd application, the first one was refused as the SOC code and salary were not of the required levels. So from Marketing Analyst, my designation was changed to marketing manager since it is a start-up and they only have one person per function, my employer was okay with making the change. I don't believe it could be anything else as my employer certified maintenance of funds for me and the only documents I had to provide was my university certificate. I don't have any adverse immigration history or convictions either.

So now I have a couple of questions:
1. What are the chances of rejection?
2. What is the timeframe I can expect to hear in?

rooney0511

Re: Exceptional Circumstances

Post by rooney0511 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:53 am

EP17 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:49 am
Hi everyone,
I got an email from the HO yesterday saying that due to exceptional circumstances my application will not be processed within the 8-week timeframe. Although there was no reason given for the same, I am assuming it is because this is my 2nd application, the first one was refused as the SOC code and salary were not of the required levels. So from Marketing Analyst, my designation was changed to marketing manager since it is a start-up and they only have one person per function, my employer was okay with making the change. I don't believe it could be anything else as my employer certified maintenance of funds for me and the only documents I had to provide was my university certificate. I don't have any adverse immigration history or convictions either.

So now I have a couple of questions:
1. What are the chances of rejection?
2. What is the timeframe I can expect to hear in?
If my guess is right, your company will have a compliance visit soon and only after a satisfactory audit they will look into your application, till then it would be on hold.

EP17
Newly Registered
India

Post by EP17 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:14 am

Thank you for your reply, is this from past experience or can I find it online somewhere?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:30 am

Hello

Some red flags here. I think there is a risk of compliance visit or a rejection here.

You started as a Marketing Analyst then you were promoted to Marketing Manager with salary increase before you even started.

As the company is a start-up, they possibly made other mistakes in the process due to their inexperience.

EP17
Newly Registered
India

Post by EP17 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:46 am

Hi, I've been working part-time as a marketing analyst for the past year while completing my masters. I started in January 2019 so that is not the case which is why the confusion. I also hired an immigration solicitor the second time who coordinated with my employer to make sure there were no errors the second time
Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:30 am
Hello

Some red flags here. I think there is a risk of compliance visit or a rejection here.

You started as a Marketing Analyst then you were promoted to Marketing Manager with salary increase before you even started.

As the company is a start-up, they possibly made other mistakes in the process due to their inexperience.