ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent Canadian Permanent Resident for EC -- Eligible ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malimeer
Newly Registered

dependent Canadian Permanent Resident for EC -- Eligible ?

Post by malimeer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi all,
I'm hopeful that i'll get my EC approved(Tier 1) from US. once I get it, i'll apply for my dependents. my wife is Canadian Permanent Resident living with me in US as dependent. now I realize that Tier 1 is kind of migrant visa, so what will happen in her case ?
will US Consulate make any objection on her situation and ask her to leave canadian residency ?(Migrant visa is stamped on passport).
Please give suggestions on this matter.
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:09 pm

I believe it is up to the individual himself to decide where he wants to live and settle down. You apply on your own will to become a PR and, likewise, it's your choice if you no longer wish to remain one.

AFAIK, Canadian laws clearly spell out the requirements for a permanent resident to maintain his PR status. If you do not fulfil those requirements, your PR status is automatically revoked. Nothing to do with governmental intervention .. and specially by a 3rd party (US).

Only if you decide to become a Canadian resident "again" some years down the line, should this change (renouncing PR status) have an impact on your fresh PR application.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!