ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:37 pm

Miri Congraulations on ur hubbyz Visa !!!
May Allah give u Happiness Marriage Life !
miri can u plz tell me how much time did they take with your case ?

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:29 pm

Congratulations Miri

Wow you must be over the moon!! Im delighted for you - all the very best!!

Me ... still waiting !!

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Well done, Miri EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!

May Allah keep you and your partner happy for life, Ameen

lion
Newly Registered

Post by lion » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:30 pm

Nice one miri.... great news. Very happy for you.
you got yours in good time as well.
Also nice to see that they updat the website..

yojimbo123
Newly Registered

Post by yojimbo123 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:18 pm

hi miri, congrats on ur success.. wish everyone else best of luck with their applications!

i have been reading this forum for a while and i am thinking of applying for my wifes spouse visa from pakistan. im a british citizen and our last application was refused as i was a student at the time (even though i had a job offer letter and sufficient savings to last until the start date of the job)..

anyway, we r going to reapply as i have now started my job.. just was wondering if anyone has any idea regarding whether or not these docs will be sufficient.. i really couldnt bare another refusal!

essentials:
- completed VAF4
- TB test certificate
- marriage certificate + english translation
- sponsorship declaration from solicitor
- covering letter from myself
- covering letter from wife
- attested copies of my passport
- wifes birth certificate

maintenance:
- 2 months payslips
- 3 months bank statements (balance around 4k)
- letter from employer stating position, salary etc.
- job contract

accomodation:
- attested declaration from parents allowing us to live in parents house
- house inspection report to say house is big enough for us to live in etc

communication and authenticity of relationship:
- mobile phone bills (over 1yrs worth) with calls/texts highlited
- emails
- calling cards
- greeting cards
- wedding photos
- photos from trip to pakistan in april 08

if there is anything else, plz let me know! thanks.. hope everyone who is waiting gets a positive response, best wishes!

miri
Newly Registered

Post by miri » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:23 pm

thank you sooo much everyone..... i am over the moon

i submitted my case on the 17th of june and the Spammy Spammer chnage on the websit at 4th of agust...it took excatly 7 week..i check the sit and called in the morning..it was the same Spammy Spammer but when i check it at 3pm the Spammy Spammer was chnage to application ready to collect...

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:01 pm

Thank You 4 Telling Me Miri i am really happy for you !
and i am really worried about my hubbies case as he submiited it on friday and it feels like i have to wait for ages and i just dont want to get dispappointed ...

miri
Newly Registered

Post by miri » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:24 pm

my case was very weak ...i didnot expect visa.....i shown three mont of pay slip...it had lots other weakness......yes if his case was refused i would have been broken bx this is what i manage to did by the time i applied.....so Cutesweetgali understand what u saying

shameem

Post by shameem » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:58 am

Miri congratulations!! That is gud news. At least after all the wait you got a positive outcome. Lets hope those who are waiting also get a gud response. We applied the same week as you so hopefully we shall hear soon...............I hope.

Cutesweetgal, you only applied last wk and believe me the waiting game is horrible. All u can do is think positive and all will work out.

Does anyone know if they are closing BHC for a few days because of the independence day hols next wk?

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:00 am

Yeah I Know Its Really Hard 2 Wait 4 A Reply But Yeah I Know There R Alot Of People Who Are In The Same Boat As Me And I Can Just Pray For Myself And For All the People Who Are Waiting For There Visa !
And YeaH Miri I Amm Feelin The same Way Right Now i Am Getting nervous Maybe My Papers Weren't Enough Or There Must Have Been Sum Mistake !!!! :oops:

Shameem I Do Really Hope For the best for you And Inshallah u will get your hubbies visa ! and yeah ur right the waiting game is HORRIBLE ! itsjust been a week and i am getting sick !!!

vicaego
Newly Registered

Post by vicaego » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:12 am

Congratulation Miri to you as your waiting is over...

Well i m still waiting since 15 April 2008 for any response back from BHC and VAC lahore. There may be a case BHC is taking more time as i am previously being overstayed for 1 and half year.

But i came back end of march as Home office offer some kind of relaxation to overstayer between 17 march 2008 to 1st October.

Last week i have got reply back from ECO saying " your application is under process at the moment and we are not in position to make any desicion "

As previously advised by batleykhan and oahmed to send a letter to ECO from a Minister regarding my application.

but i heard many ppls saying ECO staff hate to be told or disturbed and i dont know what to do.. Honestly speaking its a pretty long waiting for me. My wife she is in uk at the moment and its really hard to live away from your other half. :(

Please advise me on this .......

Many thankx in advance......

shameem

Post by shameem » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:51 am

By the way, do the VAC who dealt with the application contact you to let u know that the passport is ready or not? My hubby cant seem to get thru to anyone over the phone and the website doesnt seem to change either?

cgame

Post by cgame » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:57 am

i emailed the VAC and got a reply in a few hrs regarding the status of my application, my misses applied at mirpur its worth emailing the between make sure its between there working hours. I emailed em about 5 or 6 times and got replies on the same day

vicaego
Newly Registered

Post by vicaego » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 pm

true Shameen website does not seem to change. i applied in Lahore VAC and everytime i rang there being advised to call back in 2 to 3 days.

It states on ukvacpk.com BHC aims to process application within 60 working day. But in my case it more than 80 working days.

shameem

Post by shameem » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:17 pm

When i emailed the VAC, all I got was an automated response. Nothing related directly to our application. CGAME wot is the status of your wifes application? What was the reply of your email?

muzzi17

Post by muzzi17 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:55 pm

Agree with Shameem, i emailed them and got a same reply which can be found on their website but its worth trying and specially when its over 60days..............next thing they might say is '60 Working Days'
its a long waiting game and no one can figure out whats taking them so long... i cant

shameem

Post by shameem » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:08 pm

Muzzi17 when did you apply? Has anyone tried to contact the VAC's in Pakistan from the UK? If so which phone number is worth trying for someone to actually pick up the phone the other end???

muzzi17

Post by muzzi17 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:26 pm

I applied on 19th June, i havent try ring them from here, i mean from UK
but what i have been told that they do pick up after some holding

For a status update on your visa application you should contact the call centre, on 0900 10411 from a landline or 8865 from a mobile. These calls are charged at a premium rate of 10 Rps per minutes. If you are calling from the United Kingdom, the number to call for telephone enquiries is 00 92 51 209 8999.

Hope this help Shameem.

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:27 pm

Umm I just Wanted 2 Say i Heard That These Days It Just Takes 15 days To Get A Response So Is That Not True ???
And What Website Is This That U All Talkin About Can U Please Let Me Know 2 I Would Be Greatful :)

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:40 pm

Hi All,

Cutesweetgal - we all wish it took 15 days!! Believe me, if it did, this forum wouldnt exist. Dare I say it but you have a fair old wait ... i really would try & not get yourself worked up at this early a stage seriously. Remain positive, keep the faith ... and be patient. This forum definitely is a great way of sharing the feelings & eventually the Joy .... and with this forum, its nice to know that your not alone !!

Muzzi17/Shameem - i been trying the 00 92 51 209 8999 number from UK every two days - get the same old rubbish from them ... call back in a couple of days!!

Vicaego - you gotta get some proper advice seriously ... for it to take this long is ridiculous ... is this your first application or appeal???

Shameem - i been told that it is the VAC that tell you that you passport is ready for collection.

Faisel - the countdown is on bro ;-)

Me ... im still waiting for my mrs' visa ... 6 wks and counting .... :-(

To everyone - please do not worry about what you have submitted now or question yourself coz it will only mess with your head & trust me thats the last thing you want. Just all remain postive, keep the faith & things will turn out ok hopefully. I pray that you all get the good news you all want soon!!

shameem

Post by shameem » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:55 pm

OAHMED where is that telephone number based? Is it the BHC or a VAC number?

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:03 pm

Thats the VAC Call Centre number.

No point trying to call the BHC, if your lucky enough to get through, they put you straight through to the VAC call centre.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone who submitted cases at the end of June, heard anything or got a result yet ????

lion
Newly Registered

Post by lion » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:06 pm

oahmed - my wife submitted her visa on 27th june, not heard anything yet. We call every few days but get the same response.
There are a few people here who applied a few weeks before us that havent heard back yet so maybe we've got a bit of a wait yet.....

lovebird786

Post by lovebird786 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:31 pm

hi all, congrats miri, hope u have a great life with ur partner,

my husband submitted at mirpur on 26th june, and im still waiting, its been 6 weeks from today, im so worried n scared of wht the result will be, pls do dua for me and i will for u all guys, inshallah we all get good news