ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa category for ILR dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nivas786
Newly Registered
India

Visa category for ILR dependants

Post by nivas786 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Hi,

I came to UK in January 2011 as Tier 2 ICT Long term and have been continuously living here. My current visa expires in December 2020 and I m planning to apply for ILR before the expiry of my current visa.

My two kids and spouse who live with me will not be eligible when I apply for ILR.Please advice under which category they need to submit as dependants of me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa category for ILR dependants

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:25 pm

They have to switch to FLR m spouse /child visa. Spouse has to meet English and financial requirements. If your child is born abroad, the financial requirement is £22,400pa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nivas786
Newly Registered
India

Post by nivas786 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for your quick response. Much appreciated.

As all our visa end date is on the same time can I submit the dependant FLR (M) application the same time as I submit for ILR ?

nivas786
Newly Registered
India

Post by nivas786 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Hi

Can you help me with answer to my query.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:14 pm

Yes they can apply at the same time. Add a covering letter explaining to decide their application once your ilr has been decided. If your ilr fails, their flr m will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.