ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Submission Residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cspilman5
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post Submission Residency

Post by Cspilman5 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:48 pm

I’m applying for citizenship through naturalisation and can prove reckonable residency, but am curious if I’m required to maintain residency after submitting my application. If so, what evidence must I provide during the processing period of continued residency? Do they check in on your residency/work status after applying?

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Post Submission Residency

Post by littlerr » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:09 pm

Legally there is no such requirement, but you are required to declare whether you intend to continue living in Ireland in your application. Failure to answer this question truthfully is a valid reason for rejecting your application.
They do ask for new documents from time to time during the application process.

Odoba
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Post Submission Residency

Post by Odoba » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:57 am

The reckonable residence is up to when you sign the declaration. You can travel and return as long as you still live in the state and your pocket can afford. If you’re going to have to prove any residency after the application, it’s going to be up to when you declared your application

Hope this helps