ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Absence days and soc min threshold

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goldsurfer
India

Post by goldsurfer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:42 pm

I am on T2 General, and was filling SET(O) form online when I came across this question:

When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

Date I entered UK is 05 April 2015. So this should be the answer to the question above correct?

Now confusion is 28 day period before 5 years(earliest date when one can submit and pay application).According to the above date, Earliest I will be able to apply will be on or after 8th March2020.

However I can see at several places in this forum that:
You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa issue date.

My Visa issue date is 15 March 2015. So I should be able to apply on or after 15 Feb 2020.

Can anyone help me clarify this confusion about when my 28 day qualifying period starts and what date should i put in the form?
Many thanks.

P.S. I am months away from ILR but just getting everything ready to avoid last minute surprises.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set (O) online form confusion

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:44 pm

It starts counting from date your initial visa was issued.

Note that this is separate to the form question about the date you entered the UK. Ho do know the rules!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

goldsurfer
India

Post by goldsurfer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:44 pm
It starts counting from date your initial visa was issued.

Note that this is separate to the form question about the date you entered the UK. Ho do know the rules!!
Thanks for the clarification. I got a doubt because of the following statement just below the question:
"This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:51 pm

You simply state the date you entered the uk as the question clearly asks! It isn't a trick question at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

goldsurfer
India

Post by goldsurfer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:57 pm

This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.
To me personally this was confusing because if period of stay starts from 5th April then I would be too early to apply on mid Feb by not completing 5 years minus 28 days requirement.

But I have got my answer in your First comment CR001, many thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:02 pm

The actual question has nothing to do with the concession ho gives to apply within 28 days before 5th anniversary of initial visa issue date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

goldsurfer
India

Post by goldsurfer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying for my ILR in Feb'20. Started to sort out all the documents now as I need to get Absence letter from my previous sponsor (which may not be straightforward).
Following are my queries:
1. Min salary threshold: For 2019, it is 35,800. Is it different for different SOC codes? If yes then where can i find that information about min threshold for my SOC code- 2136?

2. Absence days calculation: method to calculate:Do I need to include the day I left UK and the day I entered back? For example If my outbound flight was on 12/10/2017 Thursday evening and inbound was on Sunday 15/10/2017, total no of days out of UK is 02 days excluding both days. Is this correct?

3. Is there a requirement to show 2 absence letters: one for Absence out of UK and one for Paid leaves? For example,
my December 18 -4 Jan holiday has public holidays+ weekends+paid leaves.

4. For time off in lieu, does HO asks for additional evidence or a mention in absence letter is sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

goldsurfer
India

Re: ILR Absence days and soc min threshold

Post by goldsurfer » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:47 pm

goldsurfer wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:02 pm
Hi All,

I will be applying for my ILR in Feb'20. Started to sort out all the documents now as I need to get Absence letter from my previous sponsor (which may not be straightforward).
Following are my queries:
1. Min salary threshold: For 2019, it is 35,800. Is it different for different SOC codes? If yes then where can i find that information about min threshold for my SOC code- 2136?

2. Absence days calculation: method to calculate:Do I need to include the day I left UK and the day I entered back? For example If my outbound flight was on 12/10/2017 Thursday evening and inbound was on Sunday 15/10/2017, total no of days out of UK is 02 days excluding both days. Is this correct?

3. Is there a requirement to show 2 absence letters: one for Absence out of UK and one for Paid leaves? For example,
my December 18 -4 Jan holiday has public holidays+ weekends+paid leaves.

4. For time off in lieu, does HO asks for additional evidence or a mention in absence letter is sufficient?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, Can i get a response for this one?

goldsurfer
India

NARIC Immigration category and Route for ILR

Post by goldsurfer » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:26 am

I am trying to register on NARIC website to obtain english level proficiency statement to support my ILR application.
On registration page, Immigration Category and Route are asked.
I entered UK on Tier 2 General PBS route, so should I select that or Should I select Family, settlement and Nationality / settlement option since I am trying to get document to support the ILR application?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:59 pm

Settlement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

goldsurfer
India

Post by goldsurfer » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:13 am

I am going to submit SET (0) form online today. Just wanted to double check on absence section of the form:

1. I have specified one of my out of uk absence as Paternity Leave as I went to be with my family the day after my child was born. Is this reason sufficient and acceptable? or should I term it as Paid Annual leave in the form ?
2. For q1 above, do i need to upload my son's birth certificate as proof?

3.Absences section has a 500 word limit to explain the absence out of UK. So are we expected to fill short details of holidays (like wedding, bereavement etc ) or just writing Paid annual leave will do.

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:34 pm

NO explanation or proof is needed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

goldsurfer
India

Post by goldsurfer » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:16 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:34 pm
NO explanation or proof is needed
Thank you very much