ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:53 pm

Luna149 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:48 pm
I applied on 18/12/19
Still no response
Tried email HO two times
They reply ( I can confirm that your application is in the process and that decisions on applications are usually made within six months.

Unfortunately, your application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.)

Please help me
This reply make me so worry
I am so stress
Is this normal reply or not
Any ideas?!
You applied less than two months ago!!!

Applications can take up to 6 moths, sometimes longer!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MoIQ
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MoIQ » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:06 am

Luna149 wrote:
I applied on 18/12/19
Still no response
Tried email HO two times
They reply ( I can confirm that your application is in the process and that decisions on applications are usually made within six months.

Unfortunately, your application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.)

Please help me
I am so stress
Any ideas?!
It's too early to stress and there should be no worry in this little time scale. I applied on 21st May 2019 along with 3 other friends similar as my case. My two friends got approval and I have no news. It's 8.5 months now and I have no other choice to keep calm and carry on

Luna149
United Kingdom

Post by Luna149 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:53 pm
Luna149 wrote:
I applied on 18/12/19
Still no response
Tried email HO two times

Please help me
I am so stress
Any ideas?!
You applied less than two months ago!!!

Applications can take up to 6 moths, sometimes longer!!
Yes I know But this email made me feel worry as they said take longer than six months that’s why I’m asking
Thank ms

Luna149
United Kingdom

Post by Luna149 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:43 pm

MoIQ wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:06 am
Luna149 wrote:
I applied on 18/12/19
Still no response
Tried email HO two times

Please help me
I am so stress
Any ideas?!
It's too early to stress and there should be no worry in this little time scale. I applied on 21st May 2019 along with 3 other friends similar as my case. My two friends got approval and I have no news. It's 8.5 months now and I have no other choice to keep calm and carry on
But my straightforward
Also same people got it with one month
I just feel unfair
Make it so complicated for refugee

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:22 pm

Luna149 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:40 pm
CR001 wrote:
Luna149 wrote:
I applied on 18/12/19
Still no response
Tried email HO two times

Please help me
I am so stress
Any ideas?!
Hi Luna

from my observation and personal experience, i assume that HO have few general/common messages that they send for all queries,
for you , i think it is still early to tell you that your application may take longer than 6 months, so it might be only a general reply

good luck

MoIQ
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MoIQ » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:08 am

Luna149 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:43 pm
MoIQ wrote:
Luna149 wrote:
I applied on 18/12/19
Still no response
Tried email HO two times

Please help me
I am so stress
Any ideas?!
But my straightforward
I just feel unfair
My case is also simple and straight forward. My friend who got approval in 6 weeks was a bit complicated with HMRC and bank loan shorts payments. We cannot expect quicker then others as we don't know who will be served first. I am also on refugee and my other two friends also refugee. I am the only person left in the queue after 8.5 months. It's all about luck. I wish you quick approval but keep patience

Luna149
United Kingdom

Post by Luna149 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:45 am

Sous49 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:22 pm
Luna149 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:40 pm
CR001 wrote:
Luna149 wrote:
I applied on 18/12/19
Still no response
Tried email HO two times

Please help me
I am so stress
Any ideas?!
Hi Luna

from my observation and personal experience, i assume that HO have few general/common messages that they send for all queries,
for you , i think it is still early to tell you that your application may take longer than 6 months, so it might be only a general reply

good luck
Yes that what I'm saying it's earlier to decide mine taking longer
Thank you you make stopped worry thanks for this reply

Luna149
United Kingdom

Post by Luna149 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:47 am

MoIQ wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:08 am
Luna149 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:43 pm
MoIQ wrote:
Luna149 wrote:
I applied on 18/12/19
Still no response
Tried email HO two times

Please help me
I am so stress
Any ideas?!
But my straightforward
I just feel unfair
My case is also simple and straight forward. My friend who got approval in 6 weeks was a bit complicated with HMRC and bank loan shorts payments. We cannot expect quicker then others as we don't know who will be served first. I am also on refugee and my other two friends also refugee. I am the only person left in the queue after 8.5 months. It's all about luck. I wish you quick approval but keep patience
Thanks. I hope I got it soon. Thanks for your advised appreciate

muleya
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by muleya » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi guys, today l received an email from NationalitySupportTeamFMT informing me that a decision has been made on y application and l will receive conformation in the next 7-10days. They didn't state whether l was approved or not. Does anybody know if this is good news or not?

maxoid76
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by maxoid76 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 pm

Statistically it is around 3-5% chance to get refusal.... I hope this is not your case. Good luck!

maxoid76
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by maxoid76 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:34 pm

Also it worth remembering that all is not finished until you keep in hand the passport :)

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:02 pm

muleya wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:23 pm
Hi guys, today l received an email from NationalitySupportTeamFMT informing me that a decision has been made on y application and l will receive conformation in the next 7-10days. They didn't state whether l was approved or not. Does anybody know if this is good news or not?
Hi Muleya

I think it is a positive one because you I remember that you were asked why a case worker for something to send..and you sent it.

All the best

Ditka16
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Ditka16 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:59 am

Hi guys,
Few years ago my application was refused due to not clean 10 years so I have applied again in August and last Sunday got an email that my application takes longer than 6 months! I'm worrying now that they want to find something to refuse it again...

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:45 pm

Ditka16 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:59 am
Hi guys,
Few years ago my application was refused due to not clean 10 years so I have applied again in August and last Sunday got an email that my application takes longer than 6 months! I'm worrying now that they want to find something to refuse it again...
I dont think so ..i also applied on August , mine is straightforward I hope.but nothing yet

Many people here also were told that there applications are taken more than 6 months and hot a positive outcome at the end

Good luck

Ditka16
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Ditka16 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:26 pm

Thanks Sous49 and good luck to you !

Justintime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Justintime » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:07 am

I was also refused in 2017 because my first discretionary leave was issued in 2009 and I should have allowed 10years to pass and applied in 2019 rather than 2017.
I have now re applied in January 2020 .
Although i have never been bankrupt but i had a debt relief order which has now been settled;declared to the home office in my application
I have used a solicitor this time in Case I am omitting any recent changes in the law that I may
not be aware of.
I am eagerly waiting for a positive outcome
Good luck to everyone waiting

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:05 pm

I’ve sent a couple of emails to Home Office and the replies I received.

Date: 05/11/2019
Thank you for your email.
We can confirm that you have successfully enrolled your biometrics.
Your application will now continue to progress until a decision is made.
We will contact you if we require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.
Date: 06/12/2019
Thank you for your email
applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. Therefore as the applications were received on 5th September 2019, It will take a while longer for them to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.
Date: 19/12/2019
Every application is processed and validated by a Caseworker who work through their allocations. The application will then continue to progress until a decision is made.
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. We will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.
Date: 02/01/2020
Thank you for your email
We have received your application and biometric enrolment. Your case has been validated and allocated to a case working team. Your case is currently undergoing case worker action to ensure it meets the necessary requirements that will enable us to make a decision on it. When a decision has been made you will be notified.
Date: 17/01/2020
Thank you for your e-mail regarding progress of your application for British Citizenship.
I am sorry if you have previously been provided with inaccurate information. I can confirm that your application has not yet been allocated to a Caseworker for consideration and I am unable to provide a timescale of when allocation will take place.
Once your application is allocated, if further information is required, the Caseworker will contact you directly.
Yours sincerely

Date: 30/01/2020
thank you for your email.
We have noted our systems with your enquiry.
A caseworker will contact you if they require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.
Your application will now continue to progress until a decision is made
Date: 07/02/2020
We will contact you if we require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.
Date: 13/02/2020
Good Morning,
Thank you for your email
I can confirm that your application is progressing through the system as normal, applications are currently taking six months to process
Kind regards,

Anybody think that repeated emails for updates to Home Office, May a delay in my decision ? Any idea why my application is taking a long time ?
so stressed :cry: :cry:

MoIQ
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MoIQ » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:24 pm

topsecret wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:05 pm

Thank you for your email
applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. Therefore as the applications were received on 5th September 2019, It will take a while longer for them to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.
Every application is processed and validated by a Caseworker who work through their allocations. The application will then continue to progress until a decision is made.
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. We will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.
Thank you for your email
We have received your application and biometric enrolment. Your case has been validated and allocated to a case working team. Your case is currently undergoing case worker action to ensure it meets the necessary requirements that will enable us to make a decision on it. When a decision has been made you will be notified.
Thank you for your e-mail regarding progress of your application for British Citizenship.
I am sorry if you have previously been provided with inaccurate information. I can confirm that your application has not yet been allocated to a Caseworker for consideration and I am unable to provide a timescale of when allocation will take place.
Once your application is allocated, if further information is required, the Caseworker will contact you directly.
Yours sincerely

A caseworker will contact you if they require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.
Good Morning,
Thank you for your email
I can confirm that your application is progressing through the system as normal, applications are currently taking six months to process
Kind regards,

Anybody think that repeated emails for updates to Home Office, May a delay in my decision ? Any idea why my application is taking a long time ?
No body knows why Home office do not reply properly. I sent two e-mails in this month, Home office still did not replied. I request local MP to contact HO on my behalf. It's been 9 months now with NO NEWS. I have no other option except to keep calm and carry on

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:55 pm

MoIQ wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:24 pm
topsecret wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:05 pm

Thank you for your email
Thank you for your email
Yours sincerely

Good Morning,
Thank you for your email
Kind regards,

No body knows why Home office do not reply properly. I sent two e-mails in this month, Home office still did not replied. I request local MP to contact HO on my behalf. It's been 9 months now with NO NEWS. I have no other option except to keep calm and carry on

Hello Topsecret and MoIQ
It is 6 month for me now. I am thinking of contacting a solicitor to understand further what can we do

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:45 pm

I am also thinking of contacting the immigration minister and try to visit his practice
I just want to see my dad in a another country that doesn't accept Travel document before he forgets me

SamcoSamco
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SamcoSamco » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:07 pm

Justintime wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:07 am
I was also refused in 2017 because my first discretionary leave was issued in 2009 and I should have allowed 10years to pass and applied in 2019 rather than 2017.
I have now re applied in January 2020 .
Although i have never been bankrupt but i had a debt relief order which has now been settled;declared to the home office in my application
I have used a solicitor this time in Case I am omitting any recent changes in the law that I may
not be aware of.
I am eagerly waiting for a positive outcome
Good luck to everyone waiting
How long did you wait before your application was refused in 2017?

Justintime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Justintime » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:11 pm

4months

SamcoSamco
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SamcoSamco » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:12 pm

Justintime wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:11 pm
4months
Thanks for the reply. I wish you the best of luck this time around.

Justintime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Justintime » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:05 am

Thanx and you too

winter1234
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by winter1234 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I applied for Naturalisation in middle of July and I haven't received any decision on my case yet.
As I understand based on talking with other applicants, solicitors and people in this forum, most of refugees have to wait much longer than usual and HO excusee that some of checks are carrying out by external agencies which I believe it is not correct.
I was wondering if there is any way to speak out and let public know about this unfair procedure then they may change the situation.