ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pcmalik

Re: Approved :)

Post by pcmalik » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks raush,

That sounds a good relief for me as in my case there is a gap of 5 days.

According to the UKBA's old guidance notes that was there for applicants before 29 June 2008, this gap is mentioned only under transitional arrangement. So I have a little doubt whether it is valid for WP --> Tier1 also. I have seen in this forum, few applicants tier1 got refused because of this gap even though it was less than 30 days...they might have ignored in your case.

Note:
According to my understanding if I am not wrong then transitional arrangement means getting tier 1 visa by using HSMP approval letter under old rules. Please correct me I am wrong.
raush wrote:yes, but it was less then 30 days.
pcmalik wrote:Was there any gap between your application date and bank statement issue date?
raush wrote:
pcmalik wrote:What was the issue date of your bank statement that you used for maintenance funds?
I provided last 3 month's bank statement prior to application date although the time i applied they were asking for only one statement having minimum £800 within last month.

Cheers,
Raush

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:09 pm

PC Malik
Note:
According to my understanding if I am not wrong then transitional arrangement means getting tier 1 visa by using HSMP approval letter under old rules. Please correct me I am wrong.
That is absolutely wrong, the transitational arrangements were for the people including the ones on WP, who were within UK before 29th june under switchable immigration category.

I have just been through some of your posts and actually u didnt had to send any additional documents which you did by recorded post. because the evidence you provided at the 1st place was completely ok. You shouldnt send any additional doc's after submitting your application anyways, as per the reference letter.

Hope this helps

Regards
Grant :)

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi,

I would be very happy if what you are saying is correct. Is there any link which clarifies the meaning of transitional arrangement then please post it to me. I have sent the additional bank statement after calling HO and confirming with them whether I can send it or not, so I guess that should not be a problem.

Thanks.
nevadawipes wrote:PC Malik
Note:
That is absolutely wrong, the transitational arrangements were for the people including the ones on WP, who were within UK before 29th june under switchable immigration category.

I have just been through some of your posts and actually u didnt had to send any additional documents which you did by recorded post. because the evidence you provided at the 1st place was completely ok. You shouldnt send any additional doc's after submitting your application anyways, as per the reference letter.

Hope this helps

Regards

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Yeah thats not a problem if you asked them and then sent the papers. transitional arrangements were not just in place for hsmp but for soo many other category like Work permits, inovators etc. they were put in place for the people who are affected by the sudden change in immigartion rules. i could have sent you the specific link for Hsmp but its been taken off the UKBA site now but if you search the forum you will find this in some old posts.

Regards

pcmalik wrote:Hi,

I would be very happy if what you are saying is correct. Is there any link which clarifies the meaning of transitional arrangement then please post it to me. I have sent the additional bank statement after calling HO and confirming with them whether I can send it or not, so I guess that should not be a problem.

Thanks.
Note:

Hope this helps

Regards

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Thank again. Let's pray for the best :)
nevadawipes wrote:Yeah thats not a problem if you asked them and then sent the papers. transitional arrangements were not just in place for hsmp but for soo many other category like Work permits, inovators etc. they were put in place for the people who are affected by the sudden change in immigartion rules. i could have sent you the specific link for Hsmp but its been taken off the UKBA site now but if you search the forum you will find this in some old posts.

Regards

Thanks.
Note:

Hope this helps

Regards

laskk

Post by laskk » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Hi Pc,

just wondering on which address should the addtional document must be post.

If you please give the information in this regards. (my freind want to send his original degree certificate. as he recived today)

Thanks in advance.

regards,
laskk
pcmalik wrote:Thank again. Let's pray for the best :)
nevadawipes wrote:Yeah thats not a problem if you asked them and then sent the papers. transitional arrangements were not just in place for hsmp but for soo many other category like Work permits, inovators etc. they were put in place for the people who are affected by the sudden change in immigartion rules. i could have sent you the specific link for Hsmp but its been taken off the UKBA site now but if you search the forum you will find this in some old posts.

Regards

Thanks.

Hope this helps

Regards

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:14 pm

I had been told to send to the address mentioned below. Hope this helps

Tier 1 Team
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

laskk wrote:Hi Pc,

just wondering on which address should the addtional document must be post.

If you please give the information in this regards. (my freind want to send his original degree certificate. as he recived today)

Thanks in advance.

regards,
laskk
pcmalik wrote:Thank again. Let's pray for the best :)

Regards

Thanks.

raush
Newly Registered

Post by raush » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:45 pm

'transitional arrangement ' means as they started this rule of minimum balance only with Tier1 and people were not aware that they have to maintain 3 months minimum of £800 .(this i have read somewhere in their guidelines and i am sure i have)

That is why they started it 3 four months after (ie29th June) that you have to maintain it for 3 months. It was clearly stated that in the guidelines that you shoould provide bank statement not older then one month for Minimum balance criteria and I dont think they can reject any application based on what you have mentioned.

pcmalik wrote:Thanks raush,

According to the UKBA's old guidance notes that was there for applicants before 29 June 2008, this gap is mentioned only under transitional arrangement. So I have a little doubt whether it is valid for WP --> Tier1 also. I have seen in this forum, few applicants tier1 got refused because of this gap even though it was less than 30 days...they might have ignored in your case.

Note:
pcmalik wrote:Was there any gap between your application date and bank statement issue date?
raush wrote:
I provided last 3 month's bank statement prior to application date although the time i applied they were asking for only one statement having minimum £800 within last month.

Cheers,
Raush

abcdhero
Newly Registered

WP to Tier 1 application status

Post by abcdhero » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:57 pm

Type of application : WP to Tier 1 (From Initial application - within UK)
Application Sent : 31/05/2008
Payment taken : 05/06/2008
Ref no dated : 03/06/2008
Ref number : PB307***

Urgent treatment sent on- 26/07/2008 (by Fax)
Reason for urgent treatment- Travelling outside UK (flight e-ticket copy submitted as proof)

Status : Approved - Visa stamped for 3 years till 15 July 2011
Decision date: 15/07/08
Stamped on : 01/08/08
HO posted back all documents on: 04/08/08
Documents Recevied back on : 06/08/08 (by Royal mail 'Recorded signed for' service)

Points claimed-90
Points awarded-95

Applicants who are still waiting need not worry because till 30th July HO told me that my application is with case worker . Whereas the decision was already made on 15th July

Best of luck to all who are still waiting.
Last edited by abcdhero on Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:05 pm

Thanks Raush,

I hope that is the case. I can do nothing now but just wait and watch.
raush wrote:'transitional arrangement ' means as they started this rule of minimum balance only with Tier1 and people were not aware that they have to maintain 3 months minimum of £800 .(this i have read somewhere in their guidelines and i am sure i have)

That is why they started it 3 four months after (ie29th June) that you have to maintain it for 3 months. It was clearly stated that in the guidelines that you shoould provide bank statement not older then one month for Minimum balance criteria and I dont think they can reject any application based on what you have mentioned.

pcmalik wrote:Thanks raush,

Note:

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:11 pm

Hi All,

I am thinking for applying for my extn at the end of August & hoping to keep my Docs attached to minimum (nothing unnecessary). I am going to attach following documents and hoping they will be enough:

Current/Original Passport

Earnings

12 months Original Payslips
12 Months Personal bank statements showing the payments made

Education

Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator
Original Certificate of my BEng (Hons) degree from UK

UK Experience

I am not sending any documents as I am claming 5 points for my UK Experience

English Knowledge Requirements

Enough Funds

Last 3 month’s bank statements of my Current & Saving account to prove I have enough Funds

Am I missing any documents that I must include?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:41 am

Jay4you wrote:Hi All,

I am thinking for applying for my extn at the end of August & hoping to keep my Docs attached to minimum (nothing unnecessary). I am going to attach following documents and hoping they will be enough:

Current/Original Passport

Earnings

12 months Original Payslips
12 Months Personal bank statements showing the payments made

Education

Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator

UK Experience

I am not sending any documents as I am claming 5 points for my UK Experience

English Knowledge Requirements

Enough Funds

Last 3 month’s bank statements of my Current & Saving account to prove I have enough Funds

Am I missing any documents that I must include?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks
Hi

I fully support you on this. Even guide also categorically mentioned only relevant documents should be sent as large unnecessary documents will complicate your case.. Couple of suggestion if u have dependents, proof of their relationship with u is mandatory.ALTHOGUH THEY DO NOT ASK FOR EXPIRED HSMP LETTER OF PRE NOVEMBER CASES BUT IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO SEND IT AS A PROOF THAT YOU ARE UNDER JR APPLICANT.THIS WILL HELP A LONG WAY. ONE MORE THING I WISH TO ADD FOR ALL MEMBERS. HO while processing pre nov cases is asking you to give your HSMP reference and not PBS reference. Is anybody who is not JR beneficiary also getting same HSMP reference to quote or PBS reference to quote in correspondence. This is vital point and would indicate that eventually we are not all merged in PBS group

THANKS BEST OF LUCK TO ALL

arun1509

Post by arun1509 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 am

Hello All,

Please find below my Tier 1 (General) timelines:

Application date - 04-Jul-2008
VFS - VFS Chennai
Status - Awaiting decision

Called up and emailed BHC for the current status. It seems they are waiting for the Integra verification report. Its been more than 30 days, but still they havent recieved the report from Integra.

I' am worried now. Is there any one who has applied from Chennai in the same period??

How long does it take to get the Integra report??

Please let me know what can be done in this case.

Thanks
arun

jkotha2000

Re: WP to Tier 1 application status

Post by jkotha2000 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:20 am

Hero,

Congratulations buddy...

Rgds

abcdhero wrote:Type of application : WP to Tier 1 (From Initial application - within UK)
Application Sent : 31/05/2008
Payment taken : 05/06/2008
Ref no dated : 03/06/2008
Ref number : PB307***

Urgent treatment sent on- 26/07/2008 (by Fax)
Reason for urgent treatment- Travelling outside UK (flight e-ticket copy submitted as proof)

Status : Approved - Visa stamped for 3 years till 15 July 2011
Decision date: 15/07/08
Stamped on : 01/08/08
HO posted back all documents on: 04/08/08
Documents Recevied back on : 06/08/08 (by Royal mail 'Recorded signed for' service)

Points claimed-90
Points awarded-95

Applicants who are still waiting need not worry because till 30th July HO told me that my application is with case worker . Whereas the decision was already made on 15th July

Best of luck to all who are still waiting.

laskk

hi guys

Post by laskk » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:51 am

Hello all,

Is their any change in cc number.

i got is 01142074074. trying to contact but fail to do so.

if im wrong plz update me.

regards,
laskk.

viren2k7
Newly Registered

Post by viren2k7 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:01 am

Has anyone of you managed to get HO's number in last 2-3 days.
I have been trying to contact them but after waiting for 15-20 min, the phone disconnects
I have applied on 17th June, faxed urgent treatment letter on 17th July which they confirmed they have considered and the case is with case worker.
I have to leave for outside UK on 15th Aug but till now have not recieved my papers
Can anyone suggest what to do ?

ps_23

Post by ps_23 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:04 am

Hi ,

The number is still the same .In my expereince the best time to call them is
at 08:55-09:00 ish or 16:00 hours ; probability to get through is high .

I have applied on 05th June and still waiting.

This morning the cc agent told its still with the case worker !!!

Regards

laskk

Post by laskk » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:13 am

Thanks Ps

for fast reply.

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi,

are you applying from Student > Tier 1 or from Work Permit > Tier 1?

regards,
ps_23 wrote:Hi ,

The number is still the same .In my expereince the best time to call them is
at 08:55-09:00 ish or 16:00 hours ; probability to get through is high .

I have applied on 05th June and still waiting.

This morning the cc agent told its still with the case worker !!!

Regards

ps_23

Post by ps_23 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi Mb,

My application is extension under tier 1.

Applied : 05th June
Ref letter : 06th June

tier1_visa
Newly Registered

Signature area for dependent

Post by tier1_visa » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi .. In the dependent application , the Signature area should have the thumb impression of dependent or the main applicant signature , if the dependent is infant . Pl reply asap. Thanks

arun1509

Tier 1 (General) from VFS Chennai

Post by arun1509 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:08 pm

All,

Is there any one who has applied for Tier 1 from Chennai in July 2008.
Please post your timelines here. My Integra verification report is still pending after 5 weeks..

Senior members please help with ur advice...

Thanks!

engi_guy
Newly Registered

Long delay & Withdraw of application

Post by engi_guy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:33 pm

anybody in this forum waiting since 15 may 2008?? The situation I got is where my spouse got a offer of job and she need to present passport for CRB check. I did apply for urgent treatment with same reason and seems they have not considered it...

now my question is- can I withdraw application only for my spouse (dependant) and apply later on....

zee
Newly Registered

hsmp waiting time line help ( with in U.K)

Post by zee » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:49 pm

hi all can any body tell how long i hv to wait

hsmp tire 1 General application sent: 28/06/08
HO REF: PB310......................../001
HO acknowledgement: 01/07/2008
****still waiting can any body tell how long i hv to wait

another thing i am worried about is that i moved out to another city for few weeks the family i m sharing with is on holidays abroad i don't hv access to the main address untill 15 august. however i have given my new address as correspondence address on the hsmp form, they sent acknowledgement i received was at my main address where i applied from? then i arranged redirection with royal mail to new address but not sure if they can redirect official mail ?????????? plz help

GO2UKIB
Newly Registered

To Arun1509

Post by GO2UKIB » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:44 am

Which BHC Number did you call up Arun?I applied from Chennai on 10th July with a HSMP reference letter...The status in VFS website is the same ''Forwarded to BHC on 10 July''...I also had seen some posts about how to contact Integra-Can somebody let know how to reach Integra please?

Thanks.