ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa through intercompany job transfter?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spectre
Newly Registered

Visa through intercompany job transfter?

Post by Spectre » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:29 am

Hi, let me explain my situation. I am a UK citizen, about to enter my last year of university now in computer science. My girlfriend lives in the US, i've been over to visit a couple of times now, however she never got a high school diploma. We are looking for a way of getting her to be able to move over here and have accepted that its not going to happen until after I finish university but since she doesnt have any qualifications i'm struggling to see what visa category she could come over on. We don't want to get married for a visa and we have to have been living together for at least 2 years to be able to get an unmarried partner visa. I was wondering if this would work: if she worked at a worldwide chain ie somewhere like McDonalds/Burger King/etc that have lots of stores in the US and UK, could she apply for a transfer after working there for maybe about a year. Any help on how to do this or any other better way of getting her able to live here for 2 years would be very much appreciated

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:53 am

Not really gonna work, the ICT (Intra-Company Transfer) is a Work Permit, almost as tough and if the applicant has no degree, they need three years relevant experience.

I think ur only way is a student visa, but that gets very expensive indeed, or get married.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....