ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by mubashir1981 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:17 pm

njazzy wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:19 pm
Yes you are right. We need to give them pressure. One thing the manager said was that our leave to remain is different from the EU residence which is why there is such a delay. She was like we are moving you guys from a different immigration status to the other.
She went on further to say that I should contact uk visas and immigration to find out what happens after my leave to remain expires.
I phoned uk visas and immigration today and they told me that I can continue to stay in the country whiles I am waiting for the decision from the EU settlement scheme.
After several email and messages i got reply from my MP that she is going yo raise this matter with HO immediately.
I know its not gona make any difference but its all about keep pressure on HO.
Any court judgement came in public favour ho dont implement it quickly but any judgement came in ther favour then guidance update very quickly.
In dec also high cout ruled there fee for registration for children is illegal but they still have not impliment it or they will have ther owen own interpretation for examle they put very strict fee waiver instead.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:45 pm

I called the EU resolution centre this evening (despite the fact that I promised myself to be patient and not to call till next month) and spoke to a very very polite lady. She checked and told me they had forwarded my concerns and worries to the case worker and are awaiting the reply. She said that as soon as they get a decision or request for further information, they will post it ‘first class’ to me immediately. She said they understand I call regularly out of anxiety and worry, she then asked me not to worry that everything will be fine that so far she can’t see anything that will make it not to go well. She said they had rush in of applications in January from people trying to beat brexit deadline , hence the backlog, despite having up till December to submit their applications. She was so polite that at the end of the call I asked myself “are you ok?”, because I was just smiling and replying “and you too, have a pleasant evening”.

mummy21
United Kingdom

Post by mummy21 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:46 pm

Hi everyone

How do I quote Shah, Patel in my cover letter to Home Office answering their question as to why my British son's father cannot care for him instead of me his primary caregiver. I want to use the ruling to say that my son's fathe being an exempt person does not exclude me from my Zambrano right.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:52 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:45 pm
I called the EU resolution centre this evening (despite the fact that I promised myself to be patient and not to call till next month) and spoke to a very very polite lady. She checked and told me they had forwarded my concerns and worries to the case worker and are awaiting the reply. She said that as soon as they get a decision or request for further information, they will post it ‘first class’ to me immediately. She said they understand I call regularly out of anxiety and worry, she then asked me not to worry that everything will be fine that so far she can’t see anything that will make it not to go well. She said they had rush in of applications in January from people trying to beat brexit deadline , hence the backlog, despite having up till December to submit their applications. She was so polite that at the end of the call I asked myself “are you ok?”, because I was just smiling and replying “and you too, have a pleasant evening”.
Thanks for the feedback, I tell myself the same and usually ring them anyway myself.. This is a very important decision after all, of course we gonna be anxious.
The backlog not helping, of course people not gonna wait for anywhere near Dec to apply. Most of us want clarity now.
I would encourage everyone to also request for your decision to be emailed as soon as its available. I have request this for myself but its not a guarantee (worth the try). Remaining polite and constant is very useful,
Keep applying pressure. Best wishes

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Oh, I assumed they usually email the decision as soon as possible, before sending out the decision letter.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:29 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:01 pm
Oh, I assumed they usually email the decision as soon as possible, before sending out the decision letter.
They respond to paper application through the post. This is why we got paper coa, the online applicant get their Coa via email within a day most cases. You can request email decisions but it's not guaranteed.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:49 pm

Ok. Thanks.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:00 pm

It's gone abit quiet in here. I hope everyone is ok and still hanging on.

bjoflondon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bjoflondon » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Hi everyone,
Spoke with the Eu settlement scheme yesterday and expressed my concerns about the length of time it’s taken so far. The gentleman says he is going to escalate my case to the Quality Team. But he also said he can’t guarantee that they will push me to the front of the queue. Just wandering if this is good or bad for my application.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:04 pm

bjoflondon wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:44 pm
Hi everyone,
Spoke with the Eu settlement scheme yesterday and expressed my concerns about the length of time it’s taken so far. The gentleman says he is going to escalate my case to the Quality Team. But he also said he can’t guarantee that they will push me to the front of the queue. Just wandering if this is good or bad for my application.
When did you apply

bjoflondon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bjoflondon » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:34 pm

Applied back in September
Biometric in September
COA in October

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:39 pm

bjoflondon wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:34 pm
Applied back in September
Biometric in September
COA in October
People are waiting from june u r very new here. I dont think its gona make any difference

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:49 am

Morning Members, it has been a while. Another foolish letter from the complaint Department. Home Office won't change. Deception and un-wiseness, excuses and incompetency

Read it

Good morning Mr A,

Thank you for your latest email of the 03 February 2020 concerning the progress of the EUSS paper based applications that the Home Office have received from yourself and your other immediate family members (namely B, C & D).

Your applications have been lodged with us on the basis that all family members quoted have a derivative right to residence in the UK under the terms of the Zambrano case ruling. In particular with reference to the fact that you are all regarded as being the “primary carer of a British citizen child”. I would inform you that by their very nature this specific case type is a little bit more complicated and detailed than is normally the case.

I can confirm that our current recorded timeframe of 5 days to 1 month to process an EUSS application which is presently published on gov.uk is an expected processing time. This is an indication of how long it may take to receive a decision on an application to the EU Settlement Scheme, and is not a service standard.

An EUSS application is likely to take longer to process if:

we need to request more information from an applicant
you are applying as a minor and your application is not linked to an adult
you submit a paper based application
you have a relevant criminal record
you are a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and are applying based on a relationship that you have not relied upon in a previous application to the Home Office

In these instances, processing times will vary on a case-by-case basis, based upon how quickly an applicant can provide the requested information, and the circumstances and/or individual needs of each applicant.

The Home Office have to make a number of detailed enquiries before such time that we can reach a decision on whether or not to grant status to an individual under the terms of the EUSS. The extent and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the prevailing circumstances of each particular application. Thus far our internal enquiries have not been completed in regards to the paper based EUSS applications that we have received from your family and we are most sorry for the lengthy delay that has been incurred.

We would kindly ask that you continue to remain patient whilst our deliberations are ongoing. We will endeavour to decide all of these applications by the 17 April 2020 at the very latest, if this is not possible we will naturally proceed to re-contact you and your family with an appropriate further update at that point. As an aside we note from our prior immigration records that all of the family members named above currently hold valid Leave to Remain in the UK which is not due to expire until the 30 August 2023.

Kind regards

Xxxxxxx

Senior Caseworker, European Casework Briefing & Response Team

UKVI - Home Office
4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP
www.homeoffice.gov.uk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:00 am

snooky wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:49 am
Morning Members, it has been a while. Another foolish letter from the complaint Department. Home Office won't change. Deception and un-wiseness, excuses and incompetency

Read it

Good morning Mr A,

Thank you for your latest email of the 03 February 2020 concerning the progress of the EU Settlement Scheme paper based applications that the Home Office have received from yourself and your other immediate family members (namely B, C & D).

Your applications have been lodged with us on the basis that all family members quoted have a derivative right to residence in the UK under the terms of the Zambrano case ruling. In particular with reference to the fact that you are all regarded as being the “primary carer of a British citizen child”. I would inform you that by their very nature this specific case type is a little bit more complicated and detailed than is normally the case.

I can confirm that our current recorded timeframe of 5 days to 1 month to process an EU Settlement Scheme application which is presently published on gov.uk is an expected processing time. This is an indication of how long it may take to receive a decision on an application to the EU Settlement Scheme, and is not a service standard.

An EU Settlement Scheme application is likely to take longer to process if:

you are a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and are applying based on a relationship that you have not relied upon in a previous application to the Home Office

In these instances, processing times will vary on a case-by-case basis, based upon how quickly an applicant can provide the requested information, and the circumstances and/or individual needs of each applicant.

The Home Office have to make a number of detailed enquiries before such time that we can reach a decision on whether or not to grant status to an individual under the terms of the EU Settlement Scheme. The extent and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the prevailing circumstances of each particular application. Thus far our internal enquiries have not been completed in regards to the paper based EU Settlement Scheme applications that we have received from your family and we are most sorry for the lengthy delay that has been incurred.

We would kindly ask that you continue to remain patient whilst our deliberations are ongoing. We will endeavour to decide all of these applications by the 17 April 2020 at the very latest, if this is not possible we will naturally proceed to re-contact you and your family with an appropriate further update at that point. As an aside we note from our prior immigration records that all of the family members named above currently hold valid Leave to Remain in the UK which is not due to expire until the 30 August 2023.

Kind regards

Xxxxxxx

UKVI - Home Office
www.homeoffice.gov.uk
You are NOT permitted to post the names of HO staff in the forum!!!! They have NOT given you permission to post their personal details on an internet forum!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:04 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:00 am
snooky wrote:

Read it

Good morning Mr A,

Thank you for your latest email of the 03 February 2020 concerning the progress of the EU Settlement Scheme paper based applications that the Home Office have received from yourself and your other immediate family members (namely B, C & D).

I can confirm that our current recorded timeframe of 5 days to 1 month to process an EU Settlement Scheme application which is presently published on gov.uk is an expected processing time. This is an indication of how long it may take to receive a decision on an application to the EU Settlement Scheme, and is not a service standard.

The Home Office have to make a number of detailed enquiries before such time that we can reach a decision on whether or not to grant status to an individual under the terms of the EU Settlement Scheme. The extent and length of time taken to complete these enquiries varies according to the prevailing circumstances of each particular application. Thus far our internal enquiries have not been completed in regards to the paper based EU Settlement Scheme applications that we have received from your family and we are most sorry for the lengthy delay that has been incurred.

Kind regards

Xxxxxxx

UKVI - Home Office
www.homeoffice.gov.uk
You are NOT permitted to post the names of HO staff in the forum!!!! They have NOT given you permission to post their personal details on an internet forum!!!
Thanks CR001

It was an editorial error. Bless for the correction

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:07 am

Thank you for your email correspondence of XX February where you have raised a complaint about the continuing delay to the processing of your application, which was made under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).

I have investigated your concerns and I can confirm that the current recorded timeframe of 5 days to 1 month to process an EUSS application which is presently published on gov.uk is an expected processing time. This is an indication of how long it may take to receive a decision on an application to the EUSS, and is not a service standard.

An application is likely to take longer to process if:

- we need to request more information from an applicant
- you are applying as a minor and your application is not linked to an adult
- you submit a paper based application
- you have a relevant criminal record
- you are a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and are applying based on a relationship that you have not relied upon in a previous application to the Home Office

I am unable to uphold your complaint. However, please be assured that your application is still ongoing and should any further evidence be needed a caseworker will be in contact.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I hope you find this information helpful.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at:

I have requested a review as they did not address my current circumstances.

My mp is chasing the matter also.

Best wishes

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:16 am

Chris90 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:07 am
Thank you for your email correspondence of XX February where you have raised a complaint about the continuing delay to the processing of your application, which was made under the EU Settlement Scheme (EU Settlement Scheme).

I have investigated your concerns and I can confirm that the current recorded timeframe of 5 days to 1 month to process an EU Settlement Scheme application which is presently published on gov.uk is an expected processing time. This is an indication of how long it may take to receive a decision on an application to the EU Settlement Scheme, and is not a service standard.

- you are a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and are applying based on a relationship that you have not relied upon in a previous application to the Home Office

I am unable to uphold your complaint. However, please be assured that your application is still ongoing and should any further evidence be needed a caseworker will be in contact.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I hope you find this information helpful.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at:

Best wishes
Fam,

Home Office doesnt make sense in each of the letters we have posted. They take liberties.

If cases can be delayed if only further information is needed then when there is none needed what is holding them down

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:23 am

snooky wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:16 am
Chris90 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:07 am
Thank you for your email correspondence of XX February where you have raised a complaint about the continuing delay to the processing of your application, which was made under the EU Settlement Scheme (EU Settlement Scheme).

I have investigated your concerns and I can confirm that the current recorded timeframe of 5 days to 1 month to process an EU Settlement Scheme application which is presently published on gov.uk is an expected processing time. This is an indication of how long it may take to receive a decision on an application to the EU Settlement Scheme, and is not a service standard.

Best wishes
Fam,

Home Office doesnt make sense in each of the letters we have posted. They take liberties.

If cases can be delayed if only further information is needed then when there is none needed what is holding them down
This was my argument, you haven't required me to submit further information but you expect me to wait quietly in your dead silence. If you gonna make me wait request more information or give me a valid explanation to my delay. Home office do not follow their own rules.
So people know, when home office say your application is under consideration this is not an update as our coa says this already. What they should be doing is saying why we haven't gotten a decision. Remember the COA says shortly and this is an official letter. Let's hold them to that until we get a decision or explanation.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:30 am

Definition of 'shortly'
shortly

1. adverb [ADVERB with verb, ADV adv]
If something happens shortly after or before something else, it happens not long after or before it. If something is going to happen shortly, it is going to happen soon.
Examples;
Their trial will shortly begin.
The work will be completed very shortly.
Shortly after moving into her apartment, she found a job. [+ after]
She kept a diary until shortly before her death.
Christine didn't answer, and shortly afterwards she left.

After checking the meaning of shortly I believe I am due an explanation from home office or my actual decision.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:21 am

Oh noooooooooo, Snooky, I thought they assured you that they will send you a decision within a week?. Now they’ve shifted to April. Mhhhhhhhhh, I thought 7 days makes one week?. If home office week is made up of 2 months, it then means that the assurance I got that mine will be dealt with in one month means before Christmas. They have really changed tactics to justify their delay.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:43 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:21 am
Oh noooooooooo, Snooky, I thought they assured you that they will send you a decision within a week?. Now they’ve shifted to April. Mhhhhhhhhh, I thought 7 days makes one week?. If home office week is made up of 2 months, it then means that the assurance I got that mine will be dealt with in one month means before Christmas. They have really changed tactics to justify their delay.
Can't even believe it. Prior to that they wrote saying my application is in Character Enquiries Stage.

Is all about gimmick

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:52 am

I think Home Office under rated the number of people who would be qualifying for the scheme both TCNs(derivatives), EU citizens and their family members and have since thought to themselves, "GOSH" what a mistake. We could have made billions from these people so the only thing to do is to punish them before they are free like MANDELA

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:10 pm

Chris90 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:30 am
Definition of 'shortly'
shortly

1. adverb [ADVERB with verb, ADV adv]
If something happens shortly after or before something else, it happens not long after or before it. If something is going to happen shortly, it is going to happen soon.
Examples;
Their trial will shortly begin.
The work will be completed very shortly.
Shortly after moving into her apartment, she found a job. [+ after]
She kept a diary until shortly before her death.
Christine didn't answer, and shortly afterwards she left.

After checking the meaning of shortly I believe I am due an explanation from home office or my actual decision.

Chris90

Am so happy that you really understand ENGLISH GRAMMER. Most of were taught how to use words properly to fit the context of a sentence. With English vocabulary, every word is not taken for a joke because they are meaningful.

What frightenings me is that Home Office policy makers dont understand grammer and due to that the have abuse the system through their own crassness.

As you have defined the word SHORTLY is defined as( brief time or manner; soon;) Home Office crazy practical Shortly means (INDEFINITELY until my time)Lol

I think they should have used this word, "AS SOON AS PRACTICAL" that make legal sense.

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:39 pm

I'm with you snooky,

I realised, with home office you got to keep it plain and simple as they have a proven history of complicating the simplest of things. Most of us have stepped away from shortly in terms of waiting.
They literally gave shortly a new meaning but no valid reasons behind it and we the applicants must accept this approach.
So you guys know there is a ex-gratia guidance which speaks about damages, financial and non financial losses. If they have our applications on hold outside certain criterias we may be eligible to claim.
Lookup home office Mal-administration. I honestly think they keeping whatever going on quiet because it would then make them liable..
Fees or not, we are the customers and they providing a service, a very poor service, where they refuse to explain the severe delays. They don't even tell me nothing about 6 months no more, I killed that argument , they say 1 to 5 days up to a month is not service standard neither is the 6 months they want me to wait.

There is a lot of conflict going on in the home office, I don't think we should be made to feel the effects of it. We don't make the rules.

Anyway keep your spirits up

Best wishes

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:50 am

snooky wrote:

Read it

Good morning Mr A,

Kind regards

Xxxxxxx

UKVI - Home Office
www.homeoffice.gov.uk
Hi snooky
Hope u r good.
At least they gave u a date. It looks like ur case is with senior case worker.