ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about automated emails from consulate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

philpott555
Newly Registered

Question about automated emails from consulate

Post by philpott555 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:20 am

I applied for the Tier 1 General Visa on August 1, then on August 6 I received an email which said:

"Your application, passport and supporting documentation have arrived safely. Please note that your package was not opened immediately on receipt in this office due to the increasing volume of mail received as we enter our peak time. Now that your package has been opened, we ask you to allow a further 5 working days for us to review your application. "

that makes sense - they are overloaded.

And now 2 days later I received an email which says:

"Your application requires further consideration by this office and the processing time has been extended by a further 10 working days to allow us to make a decision on your application. We will contact you again should we require further information."

I would have expected to hear nothing for a week - but to hear back quickly of another delay - does this infer a problem?

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:51 am

Why do you think it is a problem?

maheshrvce

Post by maheshrvce » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:35 am

Hey phil,

which VFS did u send it to?

philpott555
Newly Registered

Post by philpott555 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 am

maheshrvce: I sent it to the UK Consulate in Los Angeles, California

rajesh9pl: It seems strange to tell me about the need for an additional 10 days when they still had 3 or 4 days according to the countdown from the first message. It implies that they discovered a problem which automatically drives the release of a second message. Yes, I am being paranoid but I thought others might have experienced something similar.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:52 am

No need to get paraniod as it is normal to know your application will take more than planned.

One should worry if applicantion is refused on wrong grounds.

Post by 1971 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:10 pm

@Philpott555,

Go back to Bed and have a good sleep. When you receive such mails, it implies that the ECO may want to do some verifications.If your hands are clean, JUST do what I said. Relax your nerves. You might get a positive feedback the next day.

I wish u well.

~1971.

arun.matcha
Newly Registered

EC Clearnance, waiting for passport!

Post by arun.matcha » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Hi all,

I have received my EC Clearnace letter after administrative review. I have sent my passport for entry clearance visa. I sent on 22nd June 2009 to Los Angeles and haven't heard anything back from them.

Does anyone know how long does it take to send back the passport?
or is there any way I can contact the Los Angeles embassy? I have posted a query in worldvisabridgeservice.com, got a reply saying they dont respond to these queries.

appreciate any kind of help.

Best regards
Arun