ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could I get my refund from Home Office?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ninelives80
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Could I get my refund from Home Office?

Post by ninelives80 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:08 pm

So, I paid an application fee to apply to enter the UK under a certain visa - while the application was still processing, my circumstance changed, so Home Office gave me 1 and only option - which is to withdraw my application and make another to some other type of visa (which was free). They stated that I'd not be able to get my application fee back. I went through formal complaint process with Home Office, then Ombudsman - but didn't succeed with any of them. Their reason: Home Office did not go against their policy, as in once the application is processed, no application fee is refundable.

My fears:
I'm told to give up by my family members due to fear that if I continue to pursue the matter, who knows, Home Office may want me to leave the UK + cost of hiring lawyers may be much more than the amount of £ that I'm claiming for.

My question is: does any of you have any entity to recommend, that can possibly help me & are my fears unfounded?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Could I get my refund from Home Office?

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:23 pm

What is the fee you paid and believe you should get back?

What application did you make?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:44 pm

ninelives80 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:08 pm
due to fear that if I continue to pursue the matter, who knows, Home Office may want me to leave the UK
What is your current UK Immigration status?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:28 pm

You applied for a wrong visa apparently. It is your error and the Home Office is not obliged to pay for it.
If you entitled to another kind of entry clearance than you shouldn't be worried. Your fears are unfounded.:))