ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arriving at UK border with EU National as son in law from Italy

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tata123
Newly Registered
Italy

Arriving at UK border with EU National as son in law from Italy

Post by tata123 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:27 pm

Hello Everyone,
I need some help regarding the Entry in UK. I'm living in Italy at the moment and has applied for the residence card but still waiting for the decision. My wife lives in UK with her father. My father in law is EU national living in UK for past 4 years. He is a qualified person. My wife is expecting a child in May. I wanted to be with her at that time. I'm also depending on my father in law as he sends me money twice a month.
My wife has also 5 year Family member of EU national and is depend on her father.
My question is that if I go to the UK border in France with my Father in law and explain my circumstance will the border officer will give me entry in the UK?
I'm really looking forward for your help. Thanks in advance

Desi Boy
United Kingdom

Re: Arriving at UK border with EU National as son in law from Italy

Post by Desi Boy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm

No you need to apply eea family permit to come uk

tata123
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by tata123 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:08 pm

hi thanks for replying. I have talked with some solicitors in Uk. They said you can try through this mode. As on the UKBA website, its mentioned that you can be issue visa on the border but doesnt mentioned any thing in detail.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:31 pm

hi thanks for replying. I have talked with some solicitors in Uk. They said you can try through this mode. As on the UKBA website, its mentioned that you can be issue visa on the border but doesnt mentioned any thing in detail.
You find that they mainly cancel visas at the border :/

However, I have never seen or heard about anyone who went to the border and explained his circumstances to obtain a visa. You do this at the Visa application centre and they forward to the Home Office for decision.

tata123
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by tata123 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:14 pm

yes i know its not common. but people have tried this mode and become successfull for their spouse but In my case im not sure