ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alisher715
Pakistan

visitor visa for parents

Post by Alisher715 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:42 am

hi

I want to apply visitor visa for my father who is in Pakistan. My father is retired and on a pension. He has enough money to cover his expenses in the UK.

I am on ILR but receiving universal credit. Can my father apply for himself and made a hotel booking in the UK. Is there any chance he will be granted a visa.

Members help needed.

geoeng
Canada

Re: visitor visa for parents

Post by geoeng » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:30 am

Alisher715 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:42 am
I am on ILR but receiving universal credit. Can my father apply for himself and made a hotel booking in the UK. Is there any chance he will be granted a visa.
The link below outlines the eligibility criteria for a visitor visa. As to the likelihood of whether or not your father would be granted a visa, this is generally dependent on whether he is able to demonstrate that the eligibility criteria are satisfied. In particular, that he would be more likely than not to leave the UK at the end of the visit.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/eligibility
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.