ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearance Rejected because of non maintenance of funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sean7398

Post by Sean7398 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm sorry, but I am finding this difficult to comprehend. On several occasions, there has been mention of maintaining at least 2800 in the bank account every month.

How can this be because, surely not every sponsor who provides bank statements is going to be bathing in money???

Regards

PK

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:11 am

Sean7398 wrote:I'm sorry, but I am finding this difficult to comprehend
Reading Tier 1 policy guidance will help you.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nishadhawn@rediffmail.com
Newly Registered

ALL

Post by nishadhawn@rediffmail.com » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:16 am

@ALL

While I am waiting for my response from BHC

Please share your experiences/feedback which you have received from BHC in regards to refusal due to non-maintenance of funds

coolguyIndia

Re: ALL

Post by coolguyIndia » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:18 am

Hello,

All the best for your Admin Review, hope u get positive reply from BHC.

I had applied for Tier 1 visa on 15th May from Mumbai. On 26th June I got rejection. ECO indicated that I do have the required money, however not for the required period (3 months). I applied for Admin review on 1st July indicating the mistake that ECO has considered first transaction date and last transaction date as period for maintenance funds rather than refering to statement period on the bank statement and updated passbook provided with the application form on 15th May.

On 5th August after I sent an e-mail to BDHC, Mumbai for status on Admin Review application. I got a call from BDHC that my application has been approved and I can submit my passport at VFS center. I was also informed that letter was despatched to me on 30th July itself, however till 6th August I have not got the letter with me. I went ahead to submit my passport and informed VFS team that I have been told by BDHC that I can submit my passport even without approval letter. VFS team verified with BDHC and accepted myt passport. I will be getting my stamped passport in few days from now.

Regards
nishadhawn@rediffmail.com wrote:@ALL

While I am waiting for my response from BHC

Please share your experiences/feedback which you have received from BHC in regards to refusal due to non-maintenance of funds
Thanks & Best Regards

Newly Registered

Thx coolguyIndia

Post by nishadhawn@rediffmail.com » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:09 pm

@coolguyIndia Thx for your feedback

VERY Encouraging for me :D

Please let me know alongwith Admin review Form - what other documents you had included on 1st July while submitting to BHC- Mum

On 5th Aug - what all you wrote to BHC Mumbai as a follow-up to your Admin review email and how was their response

I think I will also follow-up with them after 10th August i.e. 30 days

coolguyIndia

Re: Thx coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:52 am

Hello,

I had sent my admin review application over an e-mail so I had sent them the application form, a document explaining in detail the mistake made by an ECO while considering my application. Kindly note that I did not send any new evidence document in support of my application, however I made a point in the document that I would be more than happy to provide the latest bank statement should it be required during admin review of my application.

On 5th August I just asked for status of my application by stating the post refrence number in an e-mail.

Hope the above helps...

Regards
nishadhawn@rediffmail.com wrote:@coolguyIndia Thx for your feedback

VERY Encouraging for me :D

Please let me know alongwith Admin review Form - what other documents you had included on 1st July while submitting to BHC- Mum

On 5th Aug - what all you wrote to BHC Mumbai as a follow-up to your Admin review email and how was their response

I think I will also follow-up with them after 10th August i.e. 30 days
Thanks & Best Regards

Newly Registered

THANKS EVERYONE - VISA IS WITH ME

Post by nishadhawn@rediffmail.com » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:33 pm

JAI MATA DI

Today I got the Tier 1 General Visa for self/son/spouse for next 3 Years

Thanks everyone for their help and advise.

Cheers

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Congratulations !! It is good to see common sense prevail in at least some of the Indian BHC's. For once they have taken a practical decision instead of being pedantic. Hope that they continue the trend in right manner.

targethsmp
Newly Registered

EC got rejected

Post by targethsmp » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi Guys,

Today I received the courier from BHC. My application has been rejected on basis that on one particular day in entire 3 months period the amount was GBP 2750 based on the exchange rate on the date of application (85.7). I had a amount 235000 in my account on 28th Apr which is more than GBP 2800 based on exchange rate on 28th Apr (79.74).

This is totally bull-shit. no one can estimate exhange rate thet what it is going be in future.

Other thing is mentioned in my refusal letter that my application has also been considered under general grounf for refusal. I have no idea what does this mean. Do you all received the refusal letter mentioning the similar line when it is refused on maintenance attributes.

I received my passport back with refusal letter. I dont think it would be gud to idea to apply for admin review. because it will take hell amount of time. so i am planning to re-apply but all my original docs are still with BHC. Can someone tell me that is it possible to re-apply with just application forms, new maintenance proof and visa fee with cover letter stating that all the original docs are with BHC.

Please respond me asap.

-Anand

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:01 pm

targethsmp wrote:My application has been rejected on basis that on one particular day in entire 3 months period the amount was GBP 2750 based on the exchange rate on the date of application (85.7). I had a amount 235000 in my account on 28th Apr which is more than GBP 2800 based on exchange rate on 28th Apr (79.74).
I take my words back (about UKBA having common sense at all). But well, rules are rules and you should have read the guidelines very carefully before submitting the application. (It is clearly mentioned in the tier 1 guidance notes that the exchange rate for bank statements would be the one valid on http://oanda.com on last date of bank statement).
Other thing is mentioned in my refusal letter that my application has also been considered under general grounf for refusal. I have no idea what does this mean. Do you all received the refusal letter mentioning the similar line when it is refused on maintenance attributes.
There is no reason to worry for this clause, this just means that your application has not been refused for any of "general grounds for refusal".
I dont think it would be gud to idea to apply for admin review. because it will take hell amount of time.
And it would not be successful also.
Can someone tell me that is it possible to re-apply with just application forms, new maintenance proof and visa fee with cover letter stating that all the original docs are with BHC.
I dont think this would be possible(because of biometrics, etc.), just ask them to return your documents (they will be back the next day) and then you can make a fresh application at VFS near you.

askamat
Newly Registered

Got refusal for Visa

Post by askamat » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:01 am

Hi All,

I happened to get a refusal although I have maintained more then 2800 pounds in my account for more than 3 months. The bank statement I provided was 14 days old when submitting my docs for the visa.

The delay after getting the bank statement was due to some personal reasons.

I then happened to read the BHC site which mentions that the Bank Statement should not be more then 7 days old.

I am planning to send for Admin Review with a fresh copy of the bank statement for last 6 months.

Question:
1) Any idea as to whether the criteria of 7 days old statement was existing or has it been introduced lately? If introduced lately then approx. date when it was intropduced?
2) Will it be fine to submit a fresh statement along with the admin review form?

Regards
Anant

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi Anant,

As far I remember the criteria of statement not less than 7 days old started from July 1st.
If you have sufficient fund and your EC was just rejected based on last statement date you can go for admin review.
This is my suggestion , I might be wrong as well.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Re: Got refusal for Visa

Post by CoolestGuyC » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:04 pm

askamat wrote:Hi All,

I happened to get a refusal although I have maintained more then 2800 pounds in my account for more than 3 months. The bank statement I provided was 14 days old when submitting my docs for the visa.

The delay after getting the bank statement was due to some personal reasons.

I then happened to read the BHC site which mentions that the Bank Statement should not be more then 7 days old.

I am planning to send for Admin Review with a fresh copy of the bank statement for last 6 months.

Question:
1) Any idea as to whether the criteria of 7 days old statement was existing or has it been introduced lately? If introduced lately then approx. date when it was intropduced?
2) Will it be fine to submit a fresh statement along with the admin review form?

Regards
Anant
Well even if you think that the "7 days rule" came into effect after you applied, this fact would not help you in a better way. This is because the application form had the following quote since 01 April 2008.
Maintenance funds should be maintained immediately before the application is made
and based on the above quote, they may argue that 15 days is not "immediately before the application".

So my point is that don't waste time in admin review, and make a new application.

askamat
Newly Registered

Post by askamat » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:33 pm

Thanks for the suggestion guys.

I am going in for an admin review as my HSMP has got expired and my docs are also lying with the BHC. So either way i would need to go with the new Tier 1 app.

Just thaught i would go for an admin review before i go ahead with a new application.