ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British & European

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mce82
Newly Registered

British & European

Post by mce82 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:50 pm

This might be a silly and purely theoretical question.

I applied for my PR via as an EU citizen which was approved a while back.
Then I obtained my British citizenship shortly after. So I am now EU/British citizen in possession of two passports: UK passport and another (non UK) EU passport.

Out of interest I ran details as per PR application via: https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status

The system is unable to find a match. I understand as a British citizen I do not need to prove this further, however:

I was wondering if I was ever in situation coming back on my (non-uk) EU passport (rather than obvious choice of the UK passport), would passport control not be aware of my PR status, on EU passport? Or at least the fact that I am indeed British?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British & European

Post by Amber » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:28 pm

Your settled status ceases to exit once you become British, your right of abode is based on being British.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:46 pm

mce82 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:50 pm
I was wondering if I was ever in situation coming back on my (non-uk) EU passport (rather than obvious choice of the UK passport), would passport control not be aware of my PR status, on EU passport? Or at least the fact that I am indeed British?
Is there any law against British citizens lying to Immigration Officers to gain entry to the UK for themselves? Under the current law, entry via automatic gates by British citizens appears to be fine, whatever passport they use and the gate accepts.

Any leave granted to the OP upon entering on an EU passport would be invalid (and therefore the conditions non-binding) by virtue of the OP being a British citizen.

Of course, as far as immigration law is concerned, the OP is probably in the privileged position of being a 'relevant naturalised British citizen', but that only affects people connected to the OP.

Rbgotpwr
United Kingdom

Post by Rbgotpwr » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:03 pm

mce82 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:50 pm
This might be a silly and purely theoretical question.

I applied for my PR via as an EU citizen which was approved a while back.
Then I obtained my British citizenship shortly after. So I am now EU/British citizen in possession of two passports: UK passport and another (non UK) EU passport.

Out of interest I ran details as per PR application via: https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status

The system is unable to find a match. I understand as a British citizen I do not need to prove this further, however:

I think the only filed people who applied for the EU settlement scheme not those who had PR before the Scheme. But if you did apply for Settled Status with PR you should be on the system.

If you obtained naturalisation they should have removed you from the system.