ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay more than 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adam2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Delay more than 6 months

Post by adam2018 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:45 am

stomn wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:00 am
Hustler123 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:30 am
Hi guys
I applied on 05/12/2018 it’s going to be a year soon.recently I received letter from home office saying there’s exceptionally complex issues with my application therefore they need more time to make a decision. There’s nothing I could do apart from wait😔😔
I applied in July 2018, its been more than 1 year 5 months, still pending decision, really frustrated.
Hey Stomn, do you received any update yet? we have submit our application pretty much same time.

Hustler123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hustler123 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:59 pm

Nope nothing yet mate. Applied on 06/12/18 :/

adam2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adam2018 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:44 pm

Hustler123 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:59 pm
Nope nothing yet mate. Applied on 06/12/18 :/
/
did you apply for SAR yet? I did last week Friday.

Hustler123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hustler123 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi Adam
Yes I did It’s been over 5 weeks

MajidAhmad
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by MajidAhmad » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:42 pm

Yili wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:41 am
I have applied 23rd November and in 9 days my 6 months is over, don't even know what to do after that, after reading the posts seems like they won't be giving you a straight forward answear in emails, but surly I won't wait for 2 years like the other gentleman , I will just ask back for my documents, dosent worths the stress. The wait makes you feel you have done something wrong or filled the form wrong or missed something to mention, I don't have a criminal offence or something but makes you feel mayb I didn't cross from the zebra crossing that's what they want to find out in this 6 months, I didn't even travel outside UK in this 13 years being here. Well let's hope for the best and i will keep this forum posted, cause my feeling says I won't be getting a citizenship
Hi, did you receive any letter yet from the Home Office? we are in same situation. :oops:

MajidAhmad
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by MajidAhmad » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:44 pm

Hjalal wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 pm
Yes

Hi Jalal, what happened did you get any decision yet?

MajidAhmad
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by MajidAhmad » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:15 pm

Maj_555 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:50 am
Eligibility criteria: 5 Years ,1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Degree
Method of application: online
Date of application: 26/06/2019
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26/06/2019
Date of acknowledgement :
Date money gone off account: 26/6/2019
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 9/7/2019
Biometrics done: 9/7/2019
Date of approval : Waiting
Date of ceremony : Waiting

I contacted the HO seeking for an update, but response wasn't specific to my case, I have no criminal record and I believe meet the good character requirements.
Could you please advise
Thanks
Hello Maj, what happened?, I also applied in June 28th-2019. Its frustrating the waiting. have got in touch with them? have heard anything back?

Maj_555
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Maj_555 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:59 pm

Nothing yet,, I made two inquiries so far but no clear update has been given.
I've been advised to write to HO and post it to their end in Liverpool but no response yet.
Also I've been told to raise a complaint to the HO (Complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk) which will take 20 working days.
What is SAR????

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Been waiting for almost a year now, the only reply the UKVI given to me was the same email again and again without any meaningful communication.

Maj_555
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Maj_555 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:05 pm

Finally I've got a positive answer,,,
I wish you all the best.

I have two questions
Do I have to return my travel documents (1951)?
As part of the passport application an original passport is needed but held at the HO, will they return it to my or I have to take different path?

Again I wish you the best

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Maj_555 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:05 pm
I wish you all the best.

I have two questions
As part of the passport application an original passport is needed but held at the HO, will they return it to my or I have to take different path?

When you apply to HMPO you enclose the Travel Document, rather than your original passport - can't tell you what happens to that one.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MajidAhmad
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by MajidAhmad » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:45 pm

Maj_555 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:05 pm
I wish you all the best.

I have two questions

any advice you can give to someone like me who still waiting-8 month now.
any contact details of the home office/?

A-ben
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by A-ben » Thu May 07, 2020 4:43 pm

Hi everyone
I have applied for a citizenship on May 2017 and now its is 3 years since and still waiting. its is so frustrating
the only answer i got was that good character might take longer
i called and called again and i contacted my MP and applied for data protection disclosure and still nothing and i m honestly fed up ad hold no hope anymore
anybody in the same situation?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 07, 2020 4:52 pm

A-ben wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:43 pm
Hi everyone
I have applied for a citizenship on May 2017 and now its is 3 years since and still waiting. its is so frustrating
i called and called again and i contacted my MP and applied for data protection disclosure and still nothing and i m honestly fed up ad hold no hope anymore
Three years is certainly an unusually long delay. Can you give a bit more background regarding your immigration history?

Regarding data protection disclosure, you can apply for a Subject Access Request with the Home Office directly. That may give a general idea as to the reason for the delayed response. Did you have any history of working in the UK while not permitted to, for instance?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

A-ben
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by A-ben » Thu May 07, 2020 9:24 pm

European national, worked and studied and lived here for 18 years now, applied for permanent residence before citizenship and got it, my son has his British passport too. and i have no criminal records whatsoever never had any issues that whats puzzling me i don't know what in my good character is taking that long, my MP wrote them a good letter they said that my profession as a nurse and my clean criminal record does not limit good character. they said as stated by the MP account manger at home office: as part of the application process we routinely conduct enquiries with other government departments and eternal agencies. the extent and length of time taken to complete these varies according to the particular circumstance of each application . its not possible to provide a timescale for when her case will be considered until these enquiries have been completed ?????

A-ben
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by A-ben » Thu May 07, 2020 9:28 pm

I have also requested for a detailed Request personal information held in the borders, immigration and citizenship system. Done that nothing inside all the formal application i ve done for me and my son and nothing happened

A-ben
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by A-ben » Thu May 28, 2020 5:56 pm

I guess i am the only one this happened to
anyone any ideas please??

adam2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adam2018 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:08 pm

Hello everyone,
Has anyone got any update yet?
My frustrating waiting period soon reach 2 years.
Still getting same response, no timescale possible.
No criminal record however will never learn what's the reason behind this delay.

adam2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adam2018 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:09 pm

A-ben wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 5:56 pm
You are not alone Ben.

adam2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adam2018 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:11 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:52 pm
A-ben wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:43 pm
Hi everyone
Three years is certainly an unusually long delay. Can you give a bit more background regarding your immigration history?

Regarding data protection disclosure, you can apply for a Subject Access Request with the Home Office directly. That may give a general idea as to the reason for the delayed response. Did you have any history of working in the UK while not permitted to, for instance?
With this SAR I couldn't find anything except my details in the application.

A-ben
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by A-ben » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:30 pm

adam2018 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:09 pm
A-ben wrote:
You are not alone Ben.

Hi I received this advise from a lawyer anyone has done this before please, i dont want to do it and make things worse. I quote:
"Given the long delay with your case, we can write to the Home Office threatening them with legal action. There is a special format for this letter, sent to a specific department which ensures that you will receive a written response within two weeks. This does not mean you will get a decision within two weeks, but the Home Office should give you a fixed timescale for resolving your case. If they then miss this deadline, you can take them to court (but usually this is not necessary)."

adam2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adam2018 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:44 pm

A-ben wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:30 pm
adam2018 wrote:
A-ben wrote:
You are not alone Ben.

Hi I received this advise from a lawyer anyone has done this before please, i dont want to do it and make things worse. I quote:
"Given the long delay with your case, we can write to the Home Office threatening them with legal action. There is a special format for this letter, sent to a specific department which ensures that you will receive a written response within two weeks. This does not mean you will get a decision within two weeks, but the Home Office should give you a fixed timescale for resolving your case. If they then miss this deadline, you can take them to court (but usually this is not necessary)."
I am actually thinking about it, which lawyer is your recommendation? Are we allowed to private messege here?

A-ben
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by A-ben » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:46 pm

adam2018 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:44 pm
A-ben wrote:
adam2018 wrote:
A-ben wrote:
You are not alone Ben.

I am actually thinking about it, which lawyer is your recommendation? Are we allowed to private messege here?
I didint do it as i am worried they will just refuse or that i have to go to court. i dont have a lawyer. i wanted to have testimonies of people who have done it

adam2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adam2018 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:58 pm

A-ben wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:46 pm
adam2018 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:44 pm
A-ben wrote:
adam2018 wrote:

You are not alone Ben.

I didint do it as i am worried they will just refuse or that i have to go to court. i dont have a lawyer. i wanted to have testimonies of people who have done it
Got your point, I am agreed it will be great if we know others outcome with lawyer help.