ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of 221G on UK Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Asif786

Impact of 221G on UK Visa

Post by Asif786 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:37 pm

I had earlier received a 221(G) for H1B as the employer could not submit all details and the case was withdrawn after few months as employment seized to exist. Should i enter details of 221G refusal while disclosing earlier refusal to other country for Tier 1 form.

jagacharaja

Re: Impact of 221G on UK Visa

Post by jagacharaja » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:31 pm

Per my understanding 221g isn't a refusal. Its the US consulate's way of telling you that they feel the need to check the application's credentials in further detail, possibly w/the authorities in the US. So technically it shouldn't count as a "visa refusal". That's just my understanding. You might want to double check that.
Asif786 wrote:I had earlier received a 221(G) for H1B as the employer could not submit all details and the case was withdrawn after few months as employment seized to exist. Should i enter details of 221G refusal while disclosing earlier refusal to other country for Tier 1 form.

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Thanks.

Your right, techinically speaking this is not a rejection but still i am not sure whether to declare this information as i am worried this could come as a black mark if it is misinterpreted.

It would help if somebody has come across this situation.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:40 pm

Asif786 wrote:Thanks.

Your right, techinically speaking this is not a rejection but still i am not sure whether to declare this information as i am worried this could come as a black mark if it is misinterpreted.

It would help if somebody has come across this situation.
Why not ask this question to UKBA directly (or your local BHC) by email and giving them all the details (anonymously if you want)? Explain them what 221g is (though they might already be knowing), and that if you need to declare on the application form. The reply from them would be definite, and in case of any difficulty in future, you can always show them their email.