ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

honeykmb18
Mood:
India

Tourist visa

Post by honeykmb18 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi its just a general enquiry
My mom been travelling in and out from uk to delhi because after my dad passed away shes alone in india so she got 5 years of tourist visa now its about to end and i want to reapply for another 5 year but i just wanted to know will be easy to apply for tourist visa as she sometime DID TRAVEL MORE THAN 6 months in 1 year time
Like she go back to delhi 5 months time and come back after 2 months for another 5 month

Any advice will be helpful

Thanks in advance

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tourist visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:15 pm

Hello

There is no specific time really but they need to see that the person is not making the UK home by frequent, successive and long visits.

If she spent the last 5 years 2 months out of the UK, then 5 months in the UK in succession, that could compromise her future visas. Sometimes they even spot it at the border.

They want to see that the person is staying mainly out of the UK.

honeykmb18
Mood:
India

Post by honeykmb18 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Thanks for reply
u think i should now wait for her another visa to apply or just apply anyways and see wat happen ?
U think any document i can put to help her getting the visa process easier
I have 2 kids and i cant get her permanent visa bc of rules the only way to get her visa is tourist

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:14 pm

Ho will likely take the view that she is using a tourist visa to stay for extended periods of time in the UK, ie residing not visiting and spending less time in her home country. This means they would view Her as a non genuine visitor.

How check her full travel history to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

honeykmb18
Mood:
India

Post by honeykmb18 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:31 am

Yea i know wat u mean
But i dont know what to do only way to call my mom is by applying for let tourist visa
As i have kids she likes spending time here instead of india but she do go back as she get pension and rental income n all coming from there will that all help getting back her tourist visa by any chance