ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Physical Presence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

browneyed_girl_ksk
Newly Registered

5 years versus 3 years

Post by browneyed_girl_ksk » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:07 pm

Hello,

After many years of procrastinating, I am finally trying to sort out my naturalisation application. Quick question though...

I originally came to the UK under the highly-skilled route, then extended my visa as "unmarried partner". I've held IR since 2013, and married my British Partner about a year ago.

1. Am I correct in assuming that I can now apply for naturalisation as the spouse of a British citizen (ie: I need to be present in the UK 3 years before the data of my application, and provide 3 yrs worth of travel history) - or is this route only for people who originally came to the UK as spouses?

2. Does it make any difference if your marriage was overseas (we got married in the USA).

Apologies if these are silly questions - its a lot of money to lose if I get it wrong!!!!

Many thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: 5 years versus 3 years

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:18 pm

browneyed_girl_ksk wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:07 pm
Hello,

After many years of procrastinating, I am finally trying to sort out my naturalisation application. Quick question though...

I originally came to the UK under the highly-skilled route, then extended my visa as "unmarried partner". I've held IR since 2013, and married my British Partner about a year ago.

1. Am I correct in assuming that I can now apply for naturalisation as the spouse of a British citizen (ie: I need to be present in the UK 3 years before the data of my application, and provide 3 yrs worth of travel history) - or is this route only for people who originally came to the UK as spouses?
No - you just need to be married to BC when you apply.
2. Does it make any difference if your marriage was overseas (we got married in the USA).
No.
Apologies if these are silly questions - its a lot of money to lose if I get it wrong!!!!

Many thanks!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: 5 years versus 3 years

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:30 pm

No - you just need to be married to BC when you apply.
Just to clarify, yes you can apply now.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

browneyed_girl_ksk
Newly Registered

Address for employer letter (for naturalisation)

Post by browneyed_girl_ksk » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi,

I have requested an employment confirmation letter from a previous employer, but they are insisting on full contact details (ie: address, post code) for the Home Office. I thought about using Lunar House, but I think they only deal with VISAs and immigration. Seems silly, as I will be collecting the letter myself...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Address for employer letter (for naturalisation)

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:17 pm

My employer at the time just addressed it "To Whom it may Concern" - I did tell them it was for UKVI.
Here's the address - taken from my approval letter:
UK Visas and Immigration
Home Office
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Address for employer letter (for naturalisation)

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:47 am

browneyed_girl_ksk wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:55 pm
Hi,

I have requested an employment confirmation letter from a previous employer, but they are insisting on full contact details (ie: address, post code) for the Home Office. I thought about using Lunar House, but I think they only deal with VISAs and immigration. Seems silly, as I will be collecting the letter myself...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
You do NOT need an employer letter for citizenship. Don't submit unnecessary documents you think are needed.

For residence you only need your passport(s).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

browneyed_girl_ksk
Newly Registered

Physical Presence

Post by browneyed_girl_ksk » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:54 pm

Hi all,

The residency requirements for form AN state that you need to be physically present in the UK on the day 3 years (in my case) before my naturalisation application is received by the Home Office. Just wanted to confirm - is this date:

- the date I pay and submit my application online
- the date of my document appointment and biometric registration with UKCVAS?

Any idea if UKCVAS appointments are difficult to come by at the moment? I'm ok at the moment - but if appointments are delayed to early May I may have issues with the Physical Presence requirement.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Physical Presence

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:56 pm

The date you pay and submit online, which is the date of application. Your ukcvas appointment date is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

browneyed_girl_ksk
Newly Registered

Re: Physical Presence

Post by browneyed_girl_ksk » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:56 pm
The date you pay and submit online, which is the date of application. Your ukcvas appointment date is irrelevant.
Thanks for your help - appreciate it!