ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP as a parent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: FLR FP as a parent

Post by Wise » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:51 pm

What you've got is okay to make an application with good merit, let the mother give you the letter you mention earlier and state specifically how you're helping and what are your role in up-bringing that child.Also if you have any mother/sister/brother in-law in UK let them too write about you regarding that child, dated and sign by each one of them with their ID and any one proof of their address in the UK.

Lastly, get yourself the application form STUDY IT VERY WELL AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE APPLICATION GUIDELINE,make photocopy of everything you are sending and write a letter of application to state what sort of application you're making and in what category.However, make it well organised and simple.

Personally, your application is simple to make but you will have to wait for at least months and months,but you may be lucky to get your application approved quicker as no one can predict the HO.

Make sure you follow everything Obei advise in his reply to you.

Anyone can help more on this issue if you're bless with any wisdom/experience.

I wish you best of luck in advance.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Thank you very much @wise.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:37 am

Hello everyone. Thank you all for the good job on this platform. I have a quick enquiry. I support my child's mum £20 cash in hand weekly to take care of my son which she wrote in the letter of consent she gave me. Now my question is do I have to show where I get money from? I get support from friends which I also use to help take care of my child. Do I have to show proof of my finances as they give me financial gifts cash in hand. Many thanks. Can my application be refused because they don't know where I get money to support my son? Many thanks.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:14 am

njazzy wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:37 am
Hello everyone. Thank you all for the good job on this platform. I have a quick enquiry. I support my child's mum £20 cash in hand weekly to take care of my son which she wrote in the letter of consent she gave me. Now my question is do I have to show where I get money from? I get support from friends which I also use to help take care of my child. Do I have to show proof of my finances as they give me financial gifts cash in hand. Many thanks. Can my application be refused because they don't know where I get money to support my son? Many thanks.
Any help or advice please?

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Can someone please help me here as I am looking forward to submit my application next month and want to make sure everything is right. As Previously advices, I have gathered all documents adviced earlier and this is the only question I have now. Should I let her write another letter and omit the monetary aspect I take to support her or leave it as it is. Do I have to show the source of my income? Please your comment and advice is highly appreciated.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:41 pm

No you don't need to show anything just ask the mother to write your role, she may specify the amount you're given the child weekly and beside if you are ask to demonstrate where got the money from and without having valid legal status to work,will you say you got it from employment?

common sense is a stake here but am not saying you should lie about it though as this is part of your responsibility as a good parent.

Good luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Dear moderators and all members,
by the grace of God my application has been approved today. i made a same day service. Good luck to everyone. I made it with the help of a solicitor. Infact, he is a very powerful one.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 pm

njazzy wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:04 pm
Infact, he is a very powerful one.
I think it will be silly to define any barrister or solicitor as powerful. A solicitor is only as good as a client's case.

Anyway best of luck for the future.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Glory17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Glory17 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:11 am

njazzy wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:04 pm
Dear moderators and all members,
by the grace of God my application has been approved today. i made a same day service. Good luck to everyone. I made it with the help of a solicitor. Infact, he is a very powerful one.
Hello njazzy congratulations am so happy for you. May you pls share list of documents you and your solicitor submitted? Am an overstayer from visitor visa since last year and a mother of a 2 months old British son and wife of a British husband. Would like to do the same day service application flr fp

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:27 am

Hello Gloria, basically I was advised that before you do the same day service, you have to make sure that you fall within the rules don’t worry about the overstaying issue. If you read the guidance on flr fp very well, it’s either you qualify for flr fp as a parent or as a partner. I falled within the parent route. Below are the docs we submitted on my application. Same day service is possible for overstayers. Most people will tell you that you can’t, but I will say you can because after mine two friends did the same and were granted. So I will tell you that it’s possible.
For my child
Passport
Birth cert
Pics of myself and my son

My baby mother
Copy of her passport
Letter of consent stating my support in looking after our son
GP letter stating she lives with my son
Health visitor letter stating she lives with my son

Myself
Good character letter support from friends with their id
My passport
DNA test
Letter from my church that I bring the child to the church with me
Letter of application
Flr fp forms
Fees
Some affidavits showing my responsibility looking after my son which was signed by myself and my baby Mum.

All the best. Pls read the guidance carefully and know your chance. Your overstaying is why you can only apply on the 10 year route.

yarab
Cyprus

Post by yarab » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Iam happy you have your leave granted mate.
My spouse visa just cancelled and I am on temporary admission as I submitted new Flrfp last week?( Parents route)
I don't know if it will be an issue if iam on temporary admission to apply for flrfp.???
I submitted nearly everything u said but me andy ex wife have some dispute about seeing my child.
However I have taken her to the court to get child arrangment order
The court gave me supervised contact until they look at her allegations.
Do you think that will be enough?
Or the home office will wait untill the final hearing.?
My last question.
I sent my application by post on 6th of January.
Application fee has not been taken yet from my account.
Any idea?
Thank you

Glory17
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Glory17 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:14 pm

njazzy wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:27 am
Hello Gloria, basically I was advised that before you do the same day service, you have to make sure that you fall within the rules don’t worry about the overstaying issue. If you read the guidance on flr fp very well, it’s either you qualify for flr fp as a parent or as a partner. I falled within the parent route. Below are the docs we submitted on my application. Same day service is possible for overstayers. Most people will tell you that you can’t, but I will say you can because after mine two friends did the same and were granted. So I will tell you that it’s possible.
For my child
Passport
Birth cert
Pics of myself and my son

My baby mother
Copy of her passport
Letter of consent stating my support in looking after our son
GP letter stating she lives with my son
Health visitor letter stating she lives with my son

Myself
Good character letter support from friends with their id
My passport
DNA test
Letter from my church that I bring the child to the church with me
Letter of application
Flr fp forms
Fees
Some affidavits showing my responsibility looking after my son which was signed by myself and my baby Mum.

All the best. Pls read the guidance carefully and know your chance. Your overstaying is why you can only apply on the 10 year route.
Thank you so much Njazzy you just don't know how this is giving hopes.

One more question, did you pay NHS debts? I have used NHS for delivery of my baby and I won't be able to pay it now was registered by my husband as a family member to his gp.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 pm

minhas23 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:40 am
Casa wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:35 pm
njazzy wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:30 pm
Good evening, this is just a quick one with regards to my application. wanted to know if its possible to use the same day service for flr fp as a parent as i am an overstayer at the moment. many thanks.
In-person applications aren't advised for complex applications, which as an overstayer yours falls under. The junior level Case Workers at the PSC simply don't have the authority to make a decision on an application which requires further clarification and checks.

FLR(FP) applications generally take many months for a decision to be made.
Hi Casa i need your advice please im in same situation like njazzy my baby born last month ive got his birth certificate and passport now. my application on partner bassis is already pending in HO for decision shall i go for fresh appliaction on childs base or just submit new evidence ?
You can't apply under the Parent route is you are living with the other parent of your child. Submit new evidence for your application which is pending a decision.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:34 pm

hello all, i would like to switch my 10 year flr fp as a parent route to 5 year parent route when it expires next year. Please which English test am I required and how long is the test valid for? many thanks.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:58 pm

anyone with any idea about this please?

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:50 pm

Hello all, my 10 year parent route is due for renewal and would like to switch to 5 year route. Please am I to use A1 or A2 english exams. thanks for your answers. i have never done any english exams before whiles making application to home office. Thanks again.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:52 pm

njazzy wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:50 pm
Hello all, my 10 year parent route is due for renewal and would like to switch to 5 year route. Please am I to use A1 or A2 english exams. thanks for your answers. i have never done any english exams before whiles making application to home office. Thanks again.
Please can anyone help me with the type of english test i need to take in other to switch from 10 year parent route to a 5 year parent route pls. I dont know whether its A1 or A2.
please help if you know it. Thanks.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:04 pm

E-LTRPT.5.1. states
If the applicant has not met the requirement in a previous application for entry clearance or leave to remain as a parent or partner, the applicant must provide specified evidence that they-

(a) are a national of a majority English speaking country listed in paragraph GEN.1.6.;
(b) have passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with a provider approved by the Secretary of State;
Emphasis mine.

If the above applies, then at least A1 (A2 & B1 are options).

See also E-LTRPT.5.1A. in the link above. They are under
'Family life as a parent of a child in the UK'.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:52 pm

Thanks. I have just booked A2.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:53 pm

Hi am switching from 10 year parent route to 5 year one. I need help with the kind of documents I need to support my application. Is there any previous link here which talks about this . Thanks.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:14 am

The guidance for this category is is from page 33 of the document linked below and the requirements are also discussed in the Appendix FM link previously provided. I'm not aware of any threads with what might be considered a document checklist for this category. The required documentation will largely be the same as your previous application but you will not be relying on the exceptional circumstances provisions and will have to provide evidence of meeting all of the requirements (English language, financial, etc.).

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:48 am

Hi guys. My girlfriend and I are planning to get married at the registry within a couple of weeks time. Am concerned with my leave to remain which will expire in may.
Can I switch to eea settlement scheme once we register our marriage? She is an Italian passport holder with settled status.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:18 pm

njazzy wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:48 am
Hi guys. My girlfriend and I are planning to get married at the registry within a couple of weeks time. Am concerned with my leave to remain which will expire in may.
Can I switch to eea settlement scheme once we register our marriage? She is an Italian passport holder with settled status.
You may.

Is this the same person you said in 2017 you separated from?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

njazzy
Ghana

Post by njazzy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 am

Yes please

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:20 am

All the best with your marriage!