ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joshi80
Newly Registered

Post by joshi80 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:23 pm

hi pc

my approvel date is 13 july also stamping date is also 13 july i dont know why they taken such long time to send me back

pcmalik wrote:Hi Joshi,

Please can you tell the approval date and visa stamping date in your case? I want to know the gap between approval date till received date
joshi80 wrote:ya i got my document back today morning.

Congrats buddy.
When did you got your documents back? today?
joshi80 wrote:hi pc

finally i got my passport back
apply;4 june
stamp on:20 july
visa valid till:july 2011

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:04 pm

May be because these guys enjoy making us worry :)

my approvel date is 13 july also stamping date is also 13 july i dont know why they taken such long time to send me back

Please can you tell the approval date and visa stamping date in your case? I want to know the gap between approval date till received date

Congrats buddy.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:06 pm

I wrote this in some other thread:
May be this is the reason:
Stolen uk Passports and visa vignettes worth £2.5m

Congrats buddy.

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:33 pm

That's a different story and it is related to red passports only. Don't scare yaar! :)
CoolestGuyC wrote:I wrote this in some other thread:

ps_23

Post by ps_23 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:58 pm

My guess is they are taking ages to print ...
but 3 weeks is bit long to print and post ...

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:09 pm

No it is not, there were Visa Vignettes also amongst the stolen things.
pcmalik wrote:That's a different story and it is related to red passports only. Don't scare yaar! :)

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Ok. So may be they are falling short of visa stickers then because of this case.
CoolestGuyC wrote:No it is not, there were Visa Vignettes also amongst the stolen things.
pcmalik wrote:That's a different story and it is related to red passports only. Don't scare yaar! :)

zee
Newly Registered

hsmp Awaiting

Post by zee » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:59 pm

HSMP within U.K

hsmp tire 1 General application sent: 28/06/08
HO REF: PB310......................../001
HO acknowledgement: 01/07/2008
*** status Awaiting****
hi, every body i don't have access to my main address i redirected ma post to new address however i mentioned ma new address in hsmp form as correspondance?? if any body hv simillar situation plz reply is redirection covers officails mails??????????

zee
Newly Registered

HSMP within U.K

Post by zee » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:01 pm

HSMP within U.K
hsmp tire 1 General application sent: 28/06/08
HO REF: PB310......................../001
HO acknowledgement: 01/07/2008
*** status Awaiting****
hi, every body i don't have access to my main address i redirected ma post to new address however i mentioned ma new address in hsmp form as correspondance?? if any body hv simillar situation plz reply is redirection covers officails mails??????????

ps_23

Post by ps_23 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:20 pm

Hey zee,

redirection covers all the letters. You can ask the local delivery centre to redirect if its not done for registered post.
Besides,you call always call HO and arrange a courier when your decision has been made. You can also send them a fax about change of address.

Hope this helps.

engi_guy
Newly Registered

Updated list

Post by engi_guy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:39 pm

updates list :

engi_guy applied- 15 May (topper at least somewhere!)

pcmalik Applied 04thJune

ps_23 Applied 05h June

veereshkb Applied 09th June

xvid2006 Applied 10th June

arunkumarprs Applied 14th June

engi_guy
Newly Registered

Re: Long delay & Withdraw of application

Post by engi_guy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:27 pm

I mailed/talked to CC and they say there is no way of urgent treatment for tier1. Though I had sent HSPM urgernt treatment form, seems ignored.

Regarding withdrawing application for my spouse, what would be her status of stay in uk because when I will get Tier1, my WP will no longer be valid, hence nullifying my spouse dependant WP too.

Is there any grace period within I can apply for my dependant application later on? my current WP is valid till end of 2009.

any feedback is welcomed.
thanks

kmore97 wrote:You can withdraw your spouse's application. You need to speak to the CC, they will tell you the details.
Having said that, I believe you have enough reasons for your case being treated as urgent. You speak to HO people again regarding the urgent treatment. Make sure your letter clearly describes your case so that in can be treated urgently.
engi_guy wrote:anybody in this forum waiting since 15 may 2008?? The situation I got is where my spouse got a offer of job and she need to present passport for CRB check. I did apply for urgent treatment with same reason and seems they have not considered it...

now my question is- can I withdraw application only for my spouse (dependant) and apply later on....

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:46 pm

The visa vignettes which were stolen in that roberry were destined to be sent abroad to various embassies all around the world, so they were not to be used in UK anyways. How that can have an effect on HO visa issuance process then? :?

Dnt know wht they are upto?? but the process is quite slow.
8)

CoolestGuyC wrote:No it is not, there were Visa Vignettes also amongst the stolen things.

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:48 pm

I recon you should apply for her visa transfer as soon as possible once you have recieved your passport. technically till the time you dnt get the tier-1 she is good till end of 2009 ( your visa end date )

I would guess you would have 28days time from the time you recieve your passport to get her visa converted to tier-1 dependant. lets see wht other members got to say.

Hope this helps

:)
engi_guy wrote:I mailed/talked to CC and they say there is no way of urgent treatment for tier1. Though I had sent HSPM urgernt treatment form, seems ignored.

Regarding withdrawing application for my spouse, what would be her status of stay in uk because when I will get Tier1, my WP will no longer be valid, hence nullifying my spouse dependant WP too.

Is there any grace period within I can apply for my dependant application later on? my current WP is valid till end of 2009.

thanks

kmore97 wrote:You can withdraw your spouse's application. You need to speak to the CC, they will tell you the details.
Having said that, I believe you have enough reasons for your case being treated as urgent. You speak to HO people again regarding the urgent treatment. Make sure your letter clearly describes your case so that in can be treated urgently.
engi_guy wrote:anybody in this forum waiting since 15 may 2008?? The situation I got is where my spouse got a offer of job and she need to present passport for CRB check. I did apply for urgent treatment with same reason and seems they have not considered it...

now my question is- can I withdraw application only for my spouse (dependant) and apply later on....

nevadawipes

Re: hi

Post by nevadawipes » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:59 pm

Thats quite strange! , wht would they do that??

:?
pcmalik wrote:Even I was informed that a note has been put on my case on 16th July as waiting for 2nd set of bank statement. But later when I chased them to clarify this as I had already sent 13 months bank statement then they said the note was put by mistake. Don't know what they are upto.
xvid2006 wrote:applied on 10th June still waiting...finally got hold of somebody on phone and surprisingly, he said case worker has put a note asking latest bank statements in July sometime.

i was never been contacted on the same. anyhow dispatching statements by special delivery right now.

Total inefficient system!!

bgmdude

Re: Updated list

Post by bgmdude » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Updated List :

pcmalik Applied 04thJune

ps_23 Applied 05h June

bgmdude Applied 26th June

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:00 am

Updated List :

pcmalik Applied 04thJune

ps_23 Applied 05h June

Thambi Applied 1st July - Ref no - PB310****

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:48 pm

Seems like the reason for the delay between the approval and stamping of the visas is that once the caseworker has approved the case it goes on to the manager for the approval and once its approved by the manager it goes for stamping. Thus takes 2-3 weeks for the whole thing.

just a thaught............:idea:

justice122

Post by justice122 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing great. Just wanted to ask one question. Is there anyone on the forum who has a refrence letter with a number pb3090xxx and has got the visa??

[only tier-1 fresh application, not Extension applications and without Urgent Treatment]

Please Help!!

Many Thanks

Thambi wrote:Updated List :

pcmalik Applied 04thJune

ps_23 Applied 05h June

Thambi Applied 1st July - Ref no - PB310****

engi_guy
Newly Registered

Post by engi_guy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:36 pm

Guys, any views on this..

Do you get 28 days for dependants visa application after getting tier1 visa?
nevadawipes wrote:I recon you should apply for her visa transfer as soon as possible once you have recieved your passport. technically till the time you dnt get the tier-1 she is good till end of 2009 ( your visa end date )

I would guess you would have 28days time from the time you recieve your passport to get her visa converted to tier-1 dependant. lets see wht other members got to say.

Hope this helps :)
engi_guy wrote:I mailed/talked to CC and they say there is no way of urgent treatment for tier1. Though I had sent HSPM urgernt treatment form, seems ignored.

thanks

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:54 pm

New Tier 1 Application for my friend

Appl sent: 6th August 2008
Docs recd at HO: 7th August 208
Ref No. Recd: 9th August

will keep posted any updates.

ps_23

Post by ps_23 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:25 am

Called up HO this morning. They said it is still under consideration.!!!

Applied :05th June

faisalliaqat
Newly Registered

Post by faisalliaqat » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:35 am

Hello friends,

Glad to share the good news of me receiving the Tier-1 visa valid for 3 years. Here are the details:

Application type: IGS to Tier 1 General
Date sent: 17 June 2008
Reached HO: 18 June 2008
Payment Taken: 18 June 2008
HO Ref: PB30910****
Approval letter dated: 30 July 2008
Stamping date: 08 August 2008
Documents received: 09 August 2008

I sent an urgent treatment request by email and fax on 7th August 2008 which is probably why I received my documents soon afterwards. Documentation wise it was a straight forward case as I provided original UK degree, letters from employers (worked part-time as well), bank statements and IELTS test report. Some points to mention which I was a bit worried about in the beginning:

1- 3 months of the earning period were on student visa when I had submitted my MSc dissertation and was waiting for final results. The contract at that time was 3 months fixed-term so it was valid earning.

2- Bank statements provided were duplicate from HSBC which were not signed but sent directly from HSBC by post and had 'DUPLICATE' written on them. So it is proved that they are acceptable.

3- Took advantage of the transitional arrangements for maintenance funds and showed a closing balance of more than £800 in the past month for the maintenance funds.

I think for some reasons the HO is taking much time in stamping and returning the documents so if you have a valid urgency, try the urgent treatment request, it does work.

Thanks for your support, its a great forum and good luck to all who are waiting.

Cheers,

Faisal

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:59 am

Congrats Faisal,

wht was the reason for your urgent treatement?

Regards
faisalliaqat wrote:Hello friends,

Glad to share the good news of me receiving the Tier-1 visa valid for 3 years. Here are the details:

Application type: IGS to Tier 1 General
Date sent: 17 June 2008
Reached HO: 18 June 2008
Payment Taken: 18 June 2008
HO Ref: PB30910****
Approval letter dated: 30 July 2008
Stamping date: 08 August 2008
Documents received: 09 August 2008

I sent an urgent treatment request by email and fax on 7th August 2008 which is probably why I received my documents soon afterwards. Documentation wise it was a straight forward case as I provided original UK degree, letters from employers (worked part-time as well), bank statements and IELTS test report. Some points to mention which I was a bit worried about in the beginning:

1- 3 months of the earning period were on student visa when I had submitted my MSc dissertation and was waiting for final results. The contract at that time was 3 months fixed-term so it was valid earning.

2- Bank statements provided were duplicate from HSBC which were not signed but sent directly from HSBC by post and had 'DUPLICATE' written on them. So it is proved that they are acceptable.

3- Took advantage of the transitional arrangements for maintenance funds and showed a closing balance of more than £800 in the past month for the maintenance funds.

I think for some reasons the HO is taking much time in stamping and returning the documents so if you have a valid urgency, try the urgent treatment request, it does work.

Thanks for your support, its a great forum and good luck to all who are waiting.

Cheers,

Faisal

faisalliaqat
Newly Registered

Post by faisalliaqat » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:25 am

Thanks, my IGS visa was expiring on 17th August 2008 and my employment contract was ending this month as well and I needed the visa to renew my employment contract.

Cheers
grant1 wrote:Congrats Faisal,

wht was the reason for your urgent treatement?

Regards