ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel abroad on EEA passport after naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ana8715
Newly Registered

Travel abroad on EEA passport after naturalisation

Post by ana8715 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi There

I received my approval letter ( :D ) and now looking at booking the ceremony. The only date the council have is 1st of April, however I need to travel 10-14 April.

It'll be too short to get my first British passport in time so I wondered if I'm fine to travel on my EEA passport and apply for the British one when I return?

As it's an EEA passport I don't need to return a BRP, but just wondered if they would question why I don't have a British passport?

Thanks

Ana

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travel abroad on EEA passport after naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:20 pm

Congrats!
No issues at all - British passport is not compulsory.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ana8715
Newly Registered

Post by ana8715 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:30 pm

Thank you very much alterhase58!

Also wanted to say a massive thank you to you and the rest of the team for being so helpful and sharing your knowledge across the forum. I haven't posted much personally but have learnt a lot from you guys across various threads and certainly wouldn't have been able to navigate this process without your efforts - huge thanks!

Ana

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:59 pm

You are welcome!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.