ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earnings question - Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Previous earnings question - Please help

Post by rajesh_kksh » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:42 am

Hi,

I just came back to India from the UK. I plan to apply for Tier1 in November. My previous earnings proofs will look as follows. Need some help as to how to submit the proofs as I believe the rule for calculating earnings based on pro-rata(country where most time spent) is not part of new tier1 rules so have to show proofs for each of the last 12 months.

1) Staying In UK - -> November 2007 - July 2008 (9 Months)
From Nov 2007 to May 2008, India sal slip inludes foreign allowance as well.
For Jun and July 2008, Indian sal slip does not show foreign allowance due to change in company policy. Separate allowance sheet with UK Net allowance only available.

2) Stay In India - -> August 2008 - October 2008 (3 Months)
India salary slip available

The problem above is that there are 3 different type of proofs-
One, in which I was in UK and India sal slip shows Indian as well as UK allowance.
Two, I was in UK but there are separate documents for India salary and UK allowance and
Three, I am in India and show the India sal slips.

Question is how do I show all these properly with sufficient proof so that the guys checking the docs are not doubtfull. Pls advise.

Thanks,
Raj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:50 am

My two cents -

Time in UK (Indian payslips showing UK allowance)
Evidence = salary slips + India bank statements (salary) + UK bank statements (allowance)
Time in UK (Indian payslips not showing UK allowance)
Evidence of Indian salary = Indian payslips + Indian bank statements
Evidence of UK allowance = I think you cannot claim points because allowances are not included in payslips. Not sure if allowance sheets will be considered as valid evidence (a second payslip??), but if they are then use them along with UK bank statements.
Time in India
Evidence = salary slips + bank statements.

A detailed explanation of circumstances in a cover note will defintiely help.

I am sure other members with similar working experience as yours will correct me if I am wrong.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:18 pm

okayyy.... re-opening this post after a long time... I haven't yet applied for tier1 yet.. plan to do in January 2009 (Hopefully the economy gets a little better by then !!)...

My question now is related to my earlier post above only.. (Strangely UKBA have removed the links for Tier1 application form and Tier1 guidance from its site.. Don't know why for sure...)

1) Assuming I apply for tier1 in January 09, I shall be showing previous earnings as follows.

Jan - July 08 - UK Allowance + Indian Salary (Both shown in salary slip in INR after conversions)
Aug- Dec 08 - India Salary (Shown in INR)

The allowances I received while in UK are shown in the Indian salary slips. So my 'Source' remains the same i.e. Indian salary slips for the entire duration of Jan - Dec 2008.
For Jan -July, I would not be showing any uplift, however I shall use it for Aug-Dec 08 timeframe. My question is do I need to use 2 Oanda closing spot exchange rates (one for end July 08 and another for end Dec 08?). As per the guidelines, '......use the closing spot exchange rate on OANDA on the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that CURRENCY......... ''.

In my case, even though the currency is the same (or may be not depending on which way you look at it ??), there are two different locations (and time periods) I am claiming under.. please help!!!

2. Where can I get the (latest) tier1 guidance pdf.. It seems that it has been removed from the ukba website !!

Raj