ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 approved, need some information

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

needinfo
Newly Registered

Tier 1 approved, need some information

Post by needinfo » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:56 am

Hi,

I have got my tier 1 approved and it is valid from 1st September 2008. I was earlier planning to travel in September only but now due to some personal reasons I may postpone it to next year. If I travel in Jan/Feb 2009 instead of Sept 2008, will it create any problem for me? Will it cause any problem while applying for extension? Please let me know.

Thambi

Re: Tier 1 approved, need some information

Post by Thambi » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:56 am

If you have Tier-1 it doesn't mean that you can't travel abroad/home country. Moreover travelling in Sep or next year is after validity date, isn't it. Anyway you have no choice.

What kind of problem you think you would have.

If you are planning for ILR and vacation abroad for more than 90 days then thats different, you need to check the latest policy on ILR. Otherwise I don't see any issue. Everyone gets Tier-1, a job and go for vacation and apply for extension. Atleast till now HSMP extension as Tier-1 is new.

needinfo wrote:Hi,

I have got my tier 1 approved and it is valid from 1st September 2008. I was earlier planning to travel in September only but now due to some personal reasons I may postpone it to next year. If I travel in Jan/Feb 2009 instead of Sept 2008, will it create any problem for me? Will it cause any problem while applying for extension? Please let me know.

needinfo
Newly Registered

Post by needinfo » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:23 pm

I just wanted to make sure that it will not cause any problems when I will actually travel to UK from India. I was also guessing that it should not cause any problem as I am traveling after validity date only but just wanted to confirm. My plan is to go to UK, search a job and then work there.

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:07 pm

needinfo wrote:I just wanted to make sure that it will not cause any problems when I will actually travel to UK from India. I was also guessing that it should not cause any problem as I am traveling after validity date only but just wanted to confirm. My plan is to go to UK, search a job and then work there.
Ok call HomeOffice and get it confirmed.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm

You can enter UK anytime during the validity of your visa.

Since you plan to travel to UK in the near future I do not believe it will be an issue (at best, the IO may ask as to why you are entering UK after 6-8 months of the visa being granted - in response to which you can explainn your personal circumstances). It will be a different matter though if you plan to spend a long period in your home country (e.g.- 1-2 years) before deciding to enter UK. In such case, IO will need to be convinced that you had compelling reasons to not relocate to UK any sooner.

See also Impact of entering later than EC effective date

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!