ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:40 am

By the way they have posted a new postal address for the Citizenship section, it's somewhere in Tipperary...I don't know if this means that all the applications will be processed there--so no idea if waiting time will increase or decrease.

Address is -- also available from www.inis.gov.ie
Citizenship,
Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform,
Dundrum Road,
Carrownreddy,
Tipperary Town.
Co. Tipperary

Fionn

Quote from www.justice.ie

Post by Fionn » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:38 pm

New decentralised offices of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) open in Tipperary Town
The operations of the Citizenships Section of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) have today commenced in the decentralised location of Tipperary Town.

The decentralisation of the Citizenship Section to temporary offices in Tipperary Town has resulted in the initial relocation of 60 posts. Staff numbers will rise to 90 before the end of 2008 and the full complement of 186 staff will relocate when a new permanent office block has been developed.

Huge progress has been made in implementing the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform’s decentralisation programme under which just over 900 posts are scheduled to relocate from Dublin to provincial locations by 2010. To date over 500 posts from 12 agencies (including INIS) have decentralised to 7 different locations around the country. They are:

· The Citizenship Section of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service and The Private Security Authority have commenced operations in Tipperary Town;
· The Headquarters of the Irish Prison Service has relocated to Longford Town;
· The Garda Central Vetting Unit and the Fixed Charge Penalty Office are now operational in Thurles;
· The Data Protection Commissioners Office has moved to Portarlington;
· Sections of the Property Registration Authority have moved to Roscommon town;
· Navan now hosts staff from the Garda Civilian Human Resources Unit, the National Property Services Regulatory Authority, the Probation Service and the Coroners Unit; and
· The Equality Authority now has an Office in Roscrea.

28 April 2008

ChIrl

Fee increase

Post by ChIrl » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:16 pm

Justice Dept increased the fee for naturalisation to Euro 950. See below.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

Applications for naturalisation received in January 2006 are currently being processed.

Under the Irish Nationality and Citizenship (Fees) Regulations 2008, the following new fee structure will come into effect from 1 August 2008.

The following fees shall be paid by the applicant on the issue of a certificate of naturalisation:

(a) where the application is made on behalf of a minor, a fee of €200.00;

(b) where the application is made by a widow or widower whose spouse was, immediately before death, an Irish citizen, and who has not, subsequent to the spouse's death, become a naturalised citizen of a state other than the State, a fee of €200.00;

(c) in the case of all other applications, a fee of €950.00;

(d) the fee payable under (a), (b) or (c) shall be nil, if the application for the certificate concerned is made by or on behalf of a refugee or stateless person or by or on behalf of a programme refugee.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:31 pm

Feck. I'd better start saving now. :shock:

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:08 pm

That's not a bad move..I hope they will use the extra money to hire more people and/or become more effective.
January 2006..that's not true....They're currently still processing applications from June/July 2005...

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:26 pm

Fionn wrote:That's not a bad move..I hope they will use the extra money to hire more people and/or become more effective.
January 2006..that's not true....They're currently still processing applications from June/July 2005...
Seems unlikely given that with the previous fee the citizenship section was making a profit. Likewise, the sudden introduction of a €100 fee for GNIB cards made absolutely no difference in the quality/speed of the service provided.

Hopefully the folks down in Tipp are more willing to do this kind of job because I heard (answer to Parliamentary question I believe) that the dept had difficulties in getting people to do the job- completely understandable though- a backlog that keeps getting worse must be awful for morale.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:47 pm

Folks-any more update on this thread...Do you know if anyone who applied in July or August have obtained letters of naturalisation approval from the Minister of Justice??

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi Strongbow,

I haven't got any letter from DOJ (I've applied in early August 2005).

I let let you all know, when I'll get something!

Regards,

Mendo
________
Volvo S40 Specifications
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackab2
Newly Registered

05 application

Post by jackab2 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:33 am

A fellow from work just got his letter last week from the DOJ. He applied in June 05. He was declined citizenship due to a drunk driving conviction with a 2 year suspension on his licence in 06. He also got a speeding ticket prior to that.

SO DONT DRINK AND DRIVE OR GET INTO TROUBLE WITH THE LAW.!!!!!!

There is also no appeal process. :roll:

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: 05 application

Post by Ben » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:12 pm

jackab2 wrote:He was declined citizenship due to a drunk driving conviction with a 2 year suspension on his licence in 06. He also got a speeding ticket prior to that.

Ireland denies a person the chance to become an Irish citizen, because of drink related offenses? Anyone spot the irony there?

lol.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:20 pm

benifa wrote:Ireland denies a person the chance to become an Irish citizen, because of drink related offenses? Anyone spot the irony there?

lol.
I was about to say - "this should usually speed up the application considerably" ;) (oops - now i said it)

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:50 pm

jackab2 wrote:A fellow from work just got his letter last week from the DOJ. He applied in June 05. He was declined citizenship due to a drunk driving conviction with a 2 year suspension on his licence in 06. He also got a speeding ticket prior to that.

Uh oh!!!! I may have some problems then. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

injasuti
Newly Registered

Applied for citizenship in July 2005 - no news yet

Post by injasuti » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:05 am

I'm encouraged to see decisions for applications made in Jun 2005 coming through.

I've had no news since mid-Feb 2008 when I told the Dept of Justice they were starting to process my application and was asked to submit a marriage affidavit endorsed by my solicitor. I've not heard from them again in six months and now am faced with the increased fee due to their delay.

All I want is a decision so that I can get on with future plans - I don't really care any more which way they decide ...

HOTSPURS

Re: Applied for citizenship in July 2005 - no news yet

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:42 am

injasuti wrote:I'm encouraged to see decisions for applications made in Jun 2005 coming through.

I've had no news since mid-Feb 2008 when I told the Dept of Justice they were starting to process my application and was asked to submit a marriage affidavit endorsed by my solicitor. I've not heard from them again in six months and now am faced with the increased fee due to their delay.

All I want is a decision so that I can get on with future plans - I don't really care any more which way they decide ...
Hi there, Do they ask for Marriage Affidavits for Non-EEA nationals as well? If so, can you please scan a copy of that affidavit template?

another_immigrant

Re: Applied for citizenship in July 2005 - no news yet

Post by another_immigrant » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:40 pm

injasuti wrote:I'm encouraged to see decisions for applications made in Jun 2005 coming through.

Hi There,

If I were you, I would post a letter asking for a status update on the application. They normally reply to mails in 1-2 weeks at the latest. This is the best way unless you'd like to try to call the help desk line. But it may take longer than the mail! please update us as well. Many thanks

injasuti
Newly Registered

Post by injasuti » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:44 pm

affidavits for non-EEA ...
I've not kept a copy of the marriage affidavit so can't post a copy.

I'll wait until the end of Aug and then send in a query if I haven't heard anything by that stage. Mind you, if the weather doesn't improve by the end of August I may just bugger off to somewhere drier and sunnier - along with loads of my Irish friends ...

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:05 am

Probably we should one thread dedicated to all the reasons for declining naturalisation. What do folks think?

flabb2
Newly Registered

My citizenship application took 39 months

Post by flabb2 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:49 pm

Just now I got the letter saying my application has been approved.
it takes longer and longer each day:-(

ashimashi

Re: My citizenship application took 39 months

Post by ashimashi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:13 pm

flabb2 wrote:Just now I got the letter saying my application has been approved.
it takes longer and longer each day:-(
congratulations!
when did you apply?

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:50 pm

Ashimashi, i looked at flabb2's previous posts and he applied May 2005.

Flabb2, Congratulations :D

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:29 am

Congrats Flabb2 ! that makes it 3 years 3 months processing time for your case.. Yes, it would be nice to hear from the folks who got their decisions..eitherway..

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:07 am

Hello everybody!

want to share some info:
friend of mine has got approval for citizenship last week- she applied in June 2007.... (she is spouse of Irish citizen)
it confused me a lot-looks like there are 2 different queues???
another friend of mine applied 1 year earlier (spouse of irish as well), but haven't got anything....
I have applied in 2007 and have received letter with request for birthday and marriage affidafits and form P21 in jun this year...(I am not spouse of irish...)
Does it mean, that my application is in process?...

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:24 am

strange, I've applied in June 2006 and haven't heard yet, and my wife is Irish too!

alica
Newly Registered

Post by alica » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:33 am

so i think, this is very strange...
i know some people, who had applied in 2005 and did not hear anything from justice.....
lokks like they did not ask for additional documents from people, who applied in 2005-2006...
this girl ( who received citizenship for 1 year) already has a house and a irish child....
maybe this made a difference?
don't know, what to think myself....

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:56 am

alica wrote:already has a house and a irish child....
maybe this made a difference?
don't know, what to think myself....
Same here (house, irish child, etc).
Are you sure you are not confusing citizenship with residency?