ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Akin to marriage documentation what are valid sources of correspondence?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does a Land Registry - Official Copy of Register of Title have to be in the 28 day window?

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:46 pm

bluepenguine wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:03 pm
We are application for the unmarried partner visa. I have two questions regarding the accommodation for the visa.

We intend to live with my partner's parents at their house in the UK. There house does not have a mortgage because they bought it outright a few years ago.

The register or title is dated September 2019 (it's an official copy PDF we got by post). If we apply in next couple of weeks will the title be valid given it's age? I did a search online and none of the information has aged, but to get another printed copy involves another form, postage, waiting, scanning etc.

Since the register shows no loans or mortgage against the house and has never had a mortgage paid off since it was paid outright, the Section C Charges register shows nothing about any debt. It only shows two sections regarding transfer of land back in 199 and 2002 long before his parents owned the property (about 1 or 2 years).

Does the absence of any debt in the charges register prove the house is paid for, or do we need to provide something else? Obviously we can't provide mortgage statements.

We have an invitation letter from his parents and this letter also states they paid for the house (so just a declaration from them - nothing official).
1. No it does not need to be within 28 days old.

2. Debt or mortgage is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Akin to marriage documentation what are valid sources of correspondence?

Post by geoeng » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:47 am

bluepenguine wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:39 pm
1. Is this a strong enough correspondence linking him to the condo for February 2018?
There is no specified measure of "strength" of evidence that I am aware of. In general, it is probably best to prioritise evidence from official sources showing you both live at the same address. I'm not sure an item of correspondence dated December 2019 can be used to prove much of anything for February 2018.
bluepenguine wrote:
2. What can we do to establish a stronger link to the condo during the months where he didn't have correspondence?
With regards to demonstrating that you live together at the same address, items of correspondence are the required evidence. Again, guidance would suggest these items of correspondence should be from official sources. In demonstrating a relationship akin to marriage, it would seem a bit more leeway is given in terms of acceptable evidence and evidence of joint commitments (such as joint bank accounts, investments, rent agreements, mortgage, life insurance policy naming the other partner as beneficiary etc) and any other evidence that adequately demonstrates the couple’s long-term commitment to each other can be provided.

See section 13 of the link below, which while outdated should provide an idea of how you will be assessed.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ners-set05
bluepenguine wrote:
3. If a bill is in my name but he paid it using his bank card (and that transaction is shown or we point it out) does that count indirectly?
Count indirectly as what? Evidence of living together - my guess would be no as you would not have to live together in order for this to occur. Evidence of a joint commitment/relationship - probably; decisions are made on the balance of probabilities looking at the circumstances of the case as a whole.
bluepenguine wrote:
4. How are we doing for akin to marriage documentation?
Decisions are made on the balance of probabilities looking at the circumstances of the case as a whole. It is incumbent on the applicant to provide all the evidence they believe is necessary to meet the requirement. It's difficult to guess at how someone else might assess the information you provide.

I would echo what others have said with regards to the potential major weakness in your case and it's still not really clear how you intend to overcome that.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.