ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying naturalisation ealier, possible?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Applying naturalisation ealier, possible?

Post by tier21419 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Hello, 
I would like to apply for naturalisation a month earlier than I would be eligible for it (My ILR was granted on 17/04/2019, although applied for it on 12/03/2019). The reason being is if I apply in April, I will be away from start July till mid-August on Holidays and in case UKVI asks for any documents, I won't be here (I can possibly redirect my mail to my friend's place but I may not be able to submit any additional docs as I won't be in the country).

I was thinking of applying in March and then book biometrics once I am eligible i.e. after 17 April, hence I may be eligible for the discretion (i.e. I will be eligible when the caseworker will have my application). I don't want to apply once I am back from holidays as I would like to get it done and dusted.

I was thinking of asking your feedback especially moderators' to see what do you think? will this work or I will lose my money and the application will be rejected? 

many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying naturalisation ealier, possible?

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Apply when you qualify, it states 12 months on ilr for a reason if not married to a British citizen. Going on holiday is not an exceptional circumstance. You were already advised when you asked in December. If that worried, apply closer to your holidays, enroll biometrics and then go on holiday.

british-citizenship/case-worker-discret ... l#p1860120

Ho rarely asks for original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:57 pm
Apply when you qualify, it states 12 months on ilr for a reason if not married to a British citizen. Going on holiday is not an exceptional circumstance. You were already advised when you asked in December. If that worried, apply closer to your holidays, enroll biometrics and then go on holiday.

british-citizenship/case-worker-discret ... l#p1860120

Ho rarely asks for original documents.
Thanks, CR001. At the time of NCS appointments, the day of the appointment was considered as the application date, no? If yes, has UKVI changed this rule with NCS?

Also, if I redirect my mail, the letter that comes as a confirmation from UKVI will be redirected or it is a special letter that will need to be delivered at my home address?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:22 pm

Thanks, CR001. At the time of NCS appointments, the day of the appointment was considered as the application date, no? If yes, has UKVI changed this rule with NCS?
There is no longer an NCS service. It was discontinued in November 2018. Don't confuse the old NCS service with the ukcvas third party agent service, which is for biometrics and identity check. Very different to what NCS did. The current process means your application date is the date you submit and pay online and NOT your biometric appointment date.
Also, if I redirect my mail, the letter that comes as a confirmation from UKVI will be redirected or it is a special letter that will need to be delivered at my home address?
It's a normal letter, second class post, AT brown enevelope.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:47 pm

It's a normal letter, second class post, AT brown enevelope.
So should be redirected, right?