ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ezozezm
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by Ezozezm » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Hi

Iam on Tier 2 ICT visa and its valid until next couple of months. My wife has got her Tier 2 General visa. Like to get suggestion / views

1. If i apply to home office for Tier 2 General dependent, should i need to resign from my current employer ?
2. During my application to Tier 2 General dependent, can i still work with my current employer ( with whom i was in Tier 2 ICT ) ?
3. Without resigning, am i legally permitted to apply for Tier 2 General ( Dependent )
4. Can i apply for Tier 2 general from UK or should i need to travel to my home country and make the application ?

Cheers
EZ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:45 pm

1. No.

2. Yes. Your employment has nothing to do with applying for a tier 2 dependent visa.

3. Yes, why do you believe you might not be??

4. Are you asking about Tier 2 GENERAL main visa or Tier 2 General DEPENDENT??? They are two different things and have different requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ezozezm
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Ezozezm » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:45 pm
4. Are you asking about Tier 2 GENERAL main visa or Tier 2 General DEPENDENT??? They are two different things and have different requirements.
My querry was applying for Tier 2 General ( Dependent ) . Can this be applied from UK or should i need to travel to my home country to apply for Tier 2 General Dependent.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:29 pm

You can change to dependent visa within the UK
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ezozezm
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Ezozezm » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:45 pm

3. Yes, why do you believe you might not be??
My employment with current employer is via Tier 2 ICT Visa. On my application for Tier 2 General Dependent is successful, my existing Tier 2 ICT visa will get CANCELLED. In such scenario, as my Tier 2 ICT is cancelled, then does it mean my legal eligibility to work with my employer is cancelled ? Legally will this have any issue in continuing my employment with current employer ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:37 pm

You can work for any employer in a Dependent visa. The only restriction is you cannot work as a Dr or dentist in training.

Your employment with your current employer is NOT an immigration matter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Raja Manikanta
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Raja Manikanta » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:54 am

Hi,

Will there be any difference if the dependents(partner & child who is current on Tier2 ICT and PBS dependent status) apply visa later after the main applicant Tier2 General visa is successfully processed. Or is it recommended to do all application at a time along with the main applicant?

Thanks in advance for your response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:31 am

Raja Manikanta wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:54 am
Hi,

Will there be any difference if the dependents(partner & child who is current on Tier2 ICT and PBS dependent status) apply visa later after the main applicant Tier2 General visa is successfully processed. Or is it recommended to do all application at a time along with the main applicant?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Pleaser start your own topic with your circumstances and questions instead of tagging onto other members thread. It is considered rude and unfair to other posters!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)