ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for Citizenship if BRP card is expired?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pg_2802
Newly Registered
India

Can I apply for Citizenship if BRP card is expired?

Post by pg_2802 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi - I got my ILR in 2009 and my family which includes my son and wife got their ILR in 2014 in the form of BRP Card which is valid for 5 and 10 years respectively. My son's BRP card got expired in Feb 2019
My query is:
Whether I can apply for Citizenship for myself along with my dependents ?
OR
Do I need to apply for replacement BRP card for my son and then able to apply for Citizenship?

pg_2802
Newly Registered
India

Re: Can I apply for Citizenship if BRP card is expired?

Post by pg_2802 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:11 pm

Appreciate, if anyone please look into my query and response would be great.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:53 pm

The card is evidence of your ILR - the date on the card relates to the card, even if the date passes you still got your ILR. I haven't seen this specific issue mentioned before so perhaps other members could comment.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:12 pm

The son's new BRP should have been applied for by now. His parents should have received threatening letters from the Home Office telling them to renew it. At the very least they may already be liable for a civil fine. It's conceivable that the father's failure to renew may be taken as evidence of the father's bad character.