ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents tennancy agreement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geoeng
Canada

Re: Parents tennancy agreement

Post by geoeng » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:49 pm

Afe wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:39 pm
I requested my parents tenancy agreement from our landlord (housing association). They then sent it to us but misspelt my fathers name. I have been trying to get hold of them via email and calls but they simply wont respond.
My issue is with the spouse application will they be very picky on spelling?
Hard to say for sure but unlikely if the mistake is minor and it is clearly intended to be addressed to your father.
Afe wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:01 pm
In addition to his passport, should i get my dads driving licence photocopied wich states the address and maybe also a utility bill which only has is first initial and last name on it?
I don't think including either of those goes towards meeting any of the visa requirements.

Assuming you also have a letter confirming there is no objection to you and your partner staying at the property?
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Afe » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:22 pm

I have letters of no objection written and signed by both parents. As they are tenancy holders im assuming these count. Like i said getting hold of my landlord is impossible at the moment so im probably not going to get one from them. However, reading the tenancy agreement, all it states is that x number of people can live in the property. It does jot state any dependant names that are already in the property.

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Afe » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:05 am

Bump
Will this be ok?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:59 am

Officially the noc letter should be from the actual landlord (housing association) but still very few members reported success even without it. Maybe visiting them in person instead emailing be more helpful in getting that letter which alone should be enough.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

HEEELP

Post by Afe » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:52 pm

We applied for a spouse settlement visa and didnt upload the appendix 2 financial information form. The reason we didnt was because our agency told us the new online application form does not require it. I have my doubts on this information but hope its true :oops: can anyone give some advice on this? Is it likely they will just request it or will they refuse the visa based on this mistake?! Any kind words or advice will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:27 am

Do not worry about that. It isn't required and won't be requested.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Afe » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:43 pm

Korekt wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:27 am
Do not worry about that. It isn't required and won't be requested.
Hi,
Thanks!
Are you talking through experience or are you an advisor?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:24 pm

I'm not an advisor. You could say it's based on shared experience from the changes made to the application process in the main since November 2018. You can take it for what you think it's worth to you.

As there's been difference in opinion in this forum on this particular requirement or non-requirement, you can update this thread from your experience, for the benefit of others.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Afe
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Relationship evidence

Post by Afe » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:23 pm

Hi all,
We applied 2 weeks ago and im just now finding out that the HO only want a maximum amount of 10 pictures showing proof of relationship. Im scared we have uploaded too many as we uploaded 10 of the wedding alone and then around 25 normal day to day pictures and around 15 whatsapp screenshots. Have we over done it?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Relationship evidence

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:29 pm

Afe wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:23 pm
Hi all,
We applied 2 weeks ago and im just now finding out that the HO only want a maximum amount of 10 pictures showing proof of relationship. Im scared we have uploaded too many as we uploaded 10 of the wedding alone and then around 25 normal day to day pictures and around 15 whatsapp screenshots. Have we over done it?
That limit seems only be introduced by ukvcas instead ukvi who undertake no responsibility over the outcome of application. I think more experiences might clarify it but still in your case you won't be affected.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.