ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Director of a company

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FrouFrou
BANNED
United Kingdom

New job spouse visa advice

Post by FrouFrou » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:05 pm

Hello all,

My fiancée is Australian and in the UK on a Tier 5 YMS visa which runs out in August. We are getting married in June, and the plan was to apply for a FLR(M) visa straight away after marriage so she could stay here.

However, today I was made redundant at work, effective immediately (gardening leave for a bit). Say I get a job in the next month (April) - does this mean she will have to go back to Australia in August until I have 6 months in the new job (which would be September) so I can prove the financial element? And then we’d have to apply for a visa in Australia and wait 12 weeks for a decision? Is there a fast track service?

Any advice would be really helpful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New job spouse visa advice

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:07 pm

If fiance works you can use fiance's salary if it meets the requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FrouFrou
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by FrouFrou » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:14 pm

She works but her contract ends over the summer. Is there any other way forward?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:25 pm

FrouFrou wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:14 pm
She works but her contract ends over the summer. Is there any other way forward?
Then better to use super priority service to get prompt decision.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:35 am

Another possible option, if you do get another job at the time you've mentioned, is to apply under category B, where the income from that employment and income from the 12 months immediately before the application date both have to meet the £18,600 financial requirement.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

FrouFrou
BANNED
United Kingdom

Director of a company

Post by FrouFrou » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:54 am

Hello,

My partner is applying for FLR(M), for the first time (she is currently on Tier 5 YMS visa and looking to switch).

I am currently full-time permanently employed at a large company. I can provide all the evidence for this. We are using my income as evidence of finance.

As part of my role (which is community outreach-based), I am also a Director of a 'Private Limited Company by guarantee without share capital use of 'Limited' exemption'. This is a local non-profit organisation, which I sit on the board of. There are eight directors of the organisation. The organisation employs three people (of which I am not one).

Do I need to provide evidence of this directorship in our FLR(M) application? And what evidence should I provide? I stress this is not a company that makes profit, it is a community organisation of which I am a director, but I make no financial gains from (and have made no investment in). In fact, legally I am not allowed to make any money from it, as the organisation is 'without share capital use'.

Thank you!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Director of a company

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:06 pm

FrouFrou wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:54 am
Hello,

My partner is applying for FLR(M), for the first time (she is currently on Tier 5 YMS visa and looking to switch).

I am currently full-time permanently employed at a large company. I can provide all the evidence for this. We are using my income as evidence of finance.

As part of my role (which is community outreach-based), I am also a Director of a 'Private Limited Company by guarantee without share capital use of 'Limited' exemption'. This is a local non-profit organisation, which I sit on the board of. There are eight directors of the organisation. The organisation employs three people (of which I am not one).

Do I need to provide evidence of this directorship in our FLR(M) application? And what evidence should I provide? I stress this is not a company that makes profit, it is a community organisation of which I am a director, but I make no financial gains from (and have made no investment in). In fact, legally I am not allowed to make any money from it, as the organisation is 'without share capital use'.

Thank you!
If the financial requirement is met through paye job then no need to attach anything about directorship
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.