ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence dates

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ValenS
Newly Registered
Italy

British Citizenship application for self-sufficient

Post by ValenS » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Hello,
I'm Italian and I've got Settled Status, I don't know which type of documents to submit as proof of 5 years lawful residency. I don't work so I'm not sure what documents to use. I have the Council Tax Bills, my name is on them but I didn't pay for the bills, my partner did, are they good enough? I also have the Electoral Roll yearly letters, not sure about them either. beside that my CSI payment for the full 5 years will be in August, should I wait August to make my application? I'm a bit confused and I'd appreciate some help with this ... thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Citizenship application for self-sufficient

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:17 pm

Council Tax bills will be sufficient for the five years.
UK S S has no requirement for CSI so not sure why you are still paying it. Though it was/is required if you apply for EU PR confirmation (DCPR).
The guidance for naturalisation (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance) does not mention CSI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ValenS
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ValenS » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:36 pm

Thank you so much for answering me! Are the Council Tax Bills sufficient even if I don't pay for them? I know CSI wasn't requested for my Settled Status but I was not sure about citizenship application, I didn't find anything ruling it out

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:45 pm

ValenS wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:36 pm
Thank you so much for answering me! Are the Council Tax Bills sufficient even if I don't pay for them? I know CSI wasn't requested for my Settled Status but I was not sure about citizenship application, I didn't find anything ruling it out
As long as your name is on the bills that's ok. It's about residency, not the finances.
Yes, CSI is not specifically asked for for naturalisation, you would have needed it for the PR application (mule self-sufficient), and clearly UKVI could ask for it if they want to but it has not been an issue reported by applicants here.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

ValenS
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ValenS » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:29 pm

I also have another question. Do I need to prove all absences from the UK for the 5 years period and to have been physically present in the UK the exact same date of the application 5 years before?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:10 pm

ValenS wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:29 pm
I also have another question. Do I need to prove all absences from the UK for the 5 years period and to have been physically present in the UK the exact same date of the application 5 years before?
You need to list your absences honestly in the form. No evidence is required.

The physically present requirement applies to everyone. No physical proof is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ValenS
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by ValenS » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:31 am

Thank you for helping me! I’m also confused about timing, but maybe it’s a silly question. Do I need to take the tests of English Gese 5 B1 CEFR and Life in the UK test after the 5 years lawful residency + 12 months, which for me is in April, or can I go for it starting now...?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:42 am

You can do the tests at any time but you must do them before you apply online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:42 am

You can start now!
LITUK can be done anytime (doesn't expire) and B1 is valid for two years.

ValenS
Newly Registered
Italy

Evidence dates

Post by ValenS » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:07 am

Hello,
I am preparing bank statements as evidence of lawful residence for 5 years, how close can the date of the latest statement be to the application date? Example if the application date is 25/3 can last statement be from 6/2 to 5/3?
Thanks for your help