ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vrai
India

Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by vrai » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:01 pm

Dear Team,

My employer when applied for Sponsor license requested for COS for SOC Code 2231.

Now the Employer has got 10 unrestricted COSs.
Employer is able to assign 2 unrestricted COSs to employees under SOC Code 2231.

Can the employer be able to use one this unrestricted COS to assign an employee under SOC Code 3545?

If yes, please advise if the employee 5 years is ending in Feb 2021 and employer is willing to support the employee for ILR. So on the COS does the employer need to put end date of Feb 2022 in order to show to home office that they are supporting employee for ILR?

I would really appreciate your advise in this regard at the earliest.

Best Regards,
Vivek

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:18 pm

Two completely different lines of work. One is a nurse the other is sales or BDM!! Not related at all.

If they have been gibe rcos for 2231 as they requested, that is what they have to assign.

Note also that ilr questions are NOT relevant in the tier 2 sub forum. You have already started a topic in the ilr forum so please keep ilr questions there.

The length of a cos is irrelevant to "supporting ilr"!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vrai
India

Post by vrai » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:23 pm

I really appreciate your reply. I will keep my ILR questions in the separate forum as advised.

They have been given unrestricted COSs not restricted COSs. At the time of Sponsor license they said they need sponsor license to recruit nurses from overseas.

Now they see requirement of Business development manager. The employee they want to assign this unrestricted COS and is already in UK on Tier 2 General visa.

Is it ok for the employer to assign one unrestricted COS to this BDM who is already in UK on Tier 2 visa.

Please advise

Best Regards
Vivek

vrai
India

Post by vrai » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:27 am

Dear Team,

The employer have been given unrestricted COSs not restricted COSs. At the time of Sponsor license they said they need sponsor license to recruit nurses from overseas.

Now they see requirement of Business development manager. The employer wants to assign this unrestricted COS to the employee who is already in UK on Tier 2 General visa, just changing the sponsor.

Is it ok for the employer to assign one unrestricted COS to this BDM who is already in UK on Tier 2 visa.

I would really appreciate your help in this regards.

Best Regards,
Vivek

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:05 pm

BDM is the most abused SOC in the UK and these are usually heavily scrutinised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vrai
India

Post by vrai » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Dear Team,

Thanks very much for your reply. I have experienced that.

If you can please confirm whether the employer is not bounded to assign unrestricted COS only to nurses SOC Code 2231?

If he assigns this unrestricted to SOC code 3545 to BDM who is already in UK on Tier 2 general, will home office straight away refuses it? or they will consider and ask for clarifications because if home office ask for clarification employer will be able to provide clarification.

Please advise.

Best Regards,
Vivek