ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa in Administrative processing for 3 years- Help!

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aryion146
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Visitor Visa in Administrative processing for 3 years- Help!

Post by aryion146 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Hello, I am an American living in the UK with my Spanish partner of 4 years. In 2017 we applied for a visitor visa to the USA as for some reason his ESTA was denied.

It has now been 3 years and the application is still sitting in administrative processing. We tried emailing a few weeks ago about it and got a generic dismissal response.

Does anyone know what the next steps we should take/ or have advice on how to get this moving forward? We really don't have money for a lawyer and I really wanted him to meet my family as we are thinking about getting married in the future.

If there is a number we can call/ or if I can call as a citizen that would be so helpful. I also live in London so I can go to the embassy as well. Help would be greatly appreciated.

seekingadvice87

Re: Visitor Visa in Administrative processing for 3 years- Help!

Post by seekingadvice87 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:45 pm

aryion146 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:38 pm
Hello, I am an American living in the UK with my Spanish partner of 4 years. In 2017 we applied for a visitor visa to the USA as for some reason his ESTA was denied.

It has now been 3 years and the application is still sitting in administrative processing. We tried emailing a few weeks ago about it and got a generic dismissal response.

Does anyone know what the next steps we should take/ or have advice on how to get this moving forward? We really don't have money for a lawyer and I really wanted him to meet my family as we are thinking about getting married in the future.

If there is a number we can call/ or if I can call as a citizen that would be so helpful. I also live in London so I can go to the embassy as well. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

Does your boyfriend have criminal record? If so, may be reason why he denied ESTA. Secondly, long visa process also because need to prove criminal record and history. Case is not straight forward and us visa website state that can happen especially if partner have overstayed in us before or committed crime or cautioned or arrested etc