ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Sous49 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:56 pm

Adnandez wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:50 pm
Hi Guys,

I sent an email to Nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk for an update, i received the following email response:-

Thank you for your e-mail

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days

Thank you

FMT

www.homeoffice.gov.uk

Has anyway received a similar response? from what i see other people have being getting some sort of response which is different from this.
hello there

while many people here received their letter after such an email , i am afraid to say that i received the same email on the first week of December 2019, but no letter arrived.
when i chased them referring to this email , they said it is with a case worker ( this was end of December 2019. Now and since January 2020 the only reply i get that my application is still under the background check.
i hope you get better news.

good luck

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:04 pm

Jamie11 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:59 am
Received this email on 18 Feb 2020 anyone can advise me how long caseworker will take to make a decision ?

Your application is now with a caseworker. You will be contacted in due course

hello there

i received an email that i will be contacted by post in 21 days on the first week of December 2019, but no letter arrived.when i chased them referring to this email , they said it is with a case worker ( this was end of December 2019. Now and since January 2020 the only reply i get that my application is still under the background check.

good luck
Last edited by Sous49 on Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hsnak27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hsnak27 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:05 pm

hi
I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this matter.
I applied for naturalization on 24th Dec 2019, sent couple of emails and did get a reply saying that the decision has been taken on my application.
I have not received anything in the post yet,
but when I went to check on my local council website using my details from case id, and I was able to see a date been allotted to me for 18 march 2020 to attend the ceremony.
Does that mean that the application has been successful? and I will be getting the invitation letter in the post soon?
regards

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 pm

Hsnak27 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:05 pm
hi
I applied for naturalization on 24th Dec 2019, sent couple of emails and did get a reply saying that the decision has been taken on my application.
but when I went to check on my local council website using my details from case id, and I was able to see a date been allotted to me for 18 march 2020 to attend the ceremony.
Does that mean that the application has been successful? and I will be getting the invitation letter in the post soon?
regards
it looks like yes,you should be.
congratulations

Hsnak27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hsnak27 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:29 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 pm
Hsnak27 wrote:
hi
regards
congratulations
thank you, I thought the same as when I tried a few days back using the same case id and details nothing was coming up on the council website. I suppose that's one way of checking if your application has been successful.
I was a little concerned as I applied with a previous conviction.
regards

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:44 am

Hsnak27 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:29 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 pm
Hsnak27 wrote:
hi
regards
congratulations
thank you, I thought the same as when I tried a few days back using the same case id and details nothing was coming up on the council website. I suppose that's one way of checking if your application has been successful.
I was a little concerned as I applied with a previous conviction.
regards
May I ask which email did you use to contact them

Oreoluwa11
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Oreoluwa11 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:01 pm

I applied for naturalisation on 14th of January 2020, did my biometrics on 24th of January 2020 , I sent an email to them two days ago 25/02/2020, and I got a reply that same day that I will be contacted by post within 21 working days and I got my approval letter today 27/02/2020.... Just two days after I was told I will be contacted within 21 working days....And my application took exactly just 6 weeks.

Justintime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Justintime » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Update.
I just got an email from solicitor this evening saying my application for citizenship is successful.
I will call them tommorrow.
I submitted my application 22/01/2020.Biometric taken 29/01/2020.
Previous refusal in 2017 due to the 10year immigration compliance..
I am still shocked that the whole process was so quick.
I wonder why the home office did not send a copy of the letter to me.
Congratulations to everyone waiting.
I will update you once I see my solicitor tommorrow

Mikebe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mikebe » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:55 pm

Alright guys finally I’ve received my approval after 7.5 months.
Good luck to all of you hope you all get your approvals soon.

Just a quick point I emailed HO on 21st of feb they answered me the generic email as we are processing you application bla bla bla, however my approval was dated 20th so I believe emailing HO doesn’t make any difference and no real updates.

Good luck everyone

RK3285
Wales

Post by RK3285 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:55 pm

Ditka16 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:35 pm
RK3285 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:11 pm
Hi everyone.

I applied 28th July 2019 and got my approval letter on 22nd feb 2020.

it took nearly 7 months, so it depends on individual cases
Thanks
Congratulations!
Did you apply online ?If yes did you receive any email when your case was decided ?
Have you contact HO during past 7 months ?
Thanks in advance

I did send them emails during my 6 months but it was general replys. u application is under process.

I didnt contact them after 6 months and they send email on 8th Feb your email will take more than 6 months. and after 2 weeks bang on I got my approval letter without receiving emails.

Heeppy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Heeppy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:42 am

Hsnak27 wrote:
hi
regards
Hiya , how can you see a date been allotted to attend the ceremony on your local council website? complete the ceremony details form or ?

Adnandez
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Adnandez » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:29 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:04 pm
Jamie11 wrote:
Received this email on 18 Feb 2020 anyone can advise me how long caseworker will take to make a decision ?

hello there

i received an email that i will be contacted by post in 21 days on the first week of December 2019, but no letter arrived.when i chased them referring to this email , they said it is with a case worker ( this was end of December 2019. Now and since January 2020 the only reply i get that my application is still under the background check.

good luck
Hi guys,

Just got my approval letter today, so relieved and an excited. Wish you all the best guys

Adnan

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:45 pm

Adnandez wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:29 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Jamie11 wrote:

hello there

good luck
Hi guys,

Just got my approval letter today, so relieved and an excited. Wish you all the best guys

Adnan
Great news.many congratulations

Jamie11
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jamie11 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Adnandez wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:29 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Jamie11 wrote:

hello there

good luck
Hi guys,

Adnan

CONGRATULATION Bro 😁

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi guys

I feel as if I am the only one who received once an update that I should be contacted by post within 21 days but received nothing. When I questioned the contradicting updates I got ( after the above update i was told it is with a case worker and we will forward your email) when i questioned that contradiction i stopped getting anything rather than my application is under feedback checks or processing.
I am so worried that I may have made them angry at me or even that the application is lost or something

What do you think guys ..I am really so stressed

Thank you all and good luck

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:44 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:37 pm
Hi guys

I feel as if I am the only one who received once an update that I should be contacted by post within 21 days but received nothing. When I questioned the contradicting updates I got ( after the above update i was told it is with a case worker and we will forward your email) when i questioned that contradiction i stopped getting anything rather than my application is under feedback checks or processing.
I am so worried that I may have made them angry at me or even that the application is lost or something

The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent. They have very limited access to your application.

Stop stressing and being paranoid and wait to hear back from HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:44 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Hi guys

The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent. They have very limited access to your application.

Stop stressing and being paranoid and wait to hear back from HO.
Thank you Char for your reply .. I haven't spoken to the call centre ..those replies were only via emails to the emails used here.

Thank you for your advice. I will try to stop stressing have a nice weekend

Hsnak27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hsnak27 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:46 pm

Heeppy wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:42 am
Hsnak27 wrote:
hi
regards
Hiya , how can you see a date been allotted to attend the ceremony on your local council website? complete the ceremony details form or ?
hi

yes,my local council is redbridge, there is an option there to book your ceremony.
Once you get to the booking part, it asks you for your home office reference number. I added an extra 0 in the start with the case id provided by the home office. By doing that I was able to see my details and a date been allocated. (if you enter your details and nothing comes up that's probably coz coucil hasnt received your certificate yet)
I guess it varies council to coucil, some of them dont have the option of booking a ceremony using their website.
In the meantime I have received the approval letter though.
Hope this answer helps.
Regards

Ifycamilla

Post by Ifycamilla » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:50 am

Sous49 wrote:
Hi guys

Hi Sousa49 , I'm so saddened that homeoffice has still not approved your application up till now, so strange. My advice to you is that, keep emailing them every 3 days, I know it's annoying but be polite to them..do not relent, keep emailing them every 3 days, this will heap alot of pressure on them to act quickly....my application was there for just 3 months but I sent over 5 emails to them...like I said, keep emailing them steady, just say you want to know the progress of your application...keep doing dat until it gets to a more serious person that will chase your case in that office...I wish you Good luck. Meanwhile, congratulations to me, my passport is here...

Luna149
United Kingdom

Post by Luna149 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:15 pm

I am so worried about my application
I applied on 18th of December 19
Still haven't heard anything
I tried to to email HO several times
(Unfortunately, your application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete. )
This makes me feel more anxiety
Please any idea?!

Scar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Scar » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi I received this email from ***CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
UK Visas and Immigration
Permanent Migration
The Capital
Old Hall Street
Liverpool

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

Yours sincerely

Managed Migration Support Team

Home Office

What can I take from this email? Is my case with a caseworker now? Has is just been assigned to a caseworker?
Any other information would be appreciated
Thank you

Luna149
United Kingdom

Post by Luna149 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:16 pm

Scar wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:35 pm
Hi I received this email from ***CaseworkEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
UK Visas and Immigration
Permanent Migration
The Capital
Old Hall Street
Liverpool

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

Yours sincerely

Managed Migration Support Team

Home Office

What can I take from this email? Is my case with a caseworker now? Has is just been assigned to a caseworker?
Any other information would be appreciated
Thank you
Have you sent an email to them?? And reply to you

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:54 pm

Ifycamilla wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:50 am
Sous49 wrote:
Hi guys

Hi Sousa49 , I'm so saddened that homeoffice has still not approved your application up till now, so strange. My advice to you is that, keep emailing them every 3 days, I know it's annoying but be polite to them..do not relent, keep emailing them every 3 days, this will heap alot of pressure on them to act quickly....my application was there for just 3 months but I sent over 5 emails to them...like I said, keep emailing them steady, just say you want to know the progress of your application...keep doing dat until it gets to a more serious person that will chase your case in that office...I wish you Good luck. Meanwhile, congratulations to me, my passport is here...
Congratulations for your passport.my daughter had hers as well
To be honest I am blaming my self that the repeated emails caused the delay. The daughter hasn't sent any and she got it before .
Will see
Thank you and again many congratulation

Luna149
United Kingdom

Post by Luna149 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:57 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:54 pm
Ifycamilla wrote:
Sous49 wrote:
Hi guys

To be honest I am blaming my self that the repeated emails caused the delay. The daughter hasn't sent any and she got it before .
Will see
Hi which email did you used please?
I am so worry

Ifycamilla

Post by Ifycamilla » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:33 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:54 pm
Ifycamilla wrote:
Sous49 wrote:
Hi guys

Will see
Thanks Sousa49...it's been a long journey. Dealing with homeoffice is the most stressful thing ever..I strongly believe that yours will be approved this month, taken too long...All the best my friend