ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test exemption

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

underdog
Newly Registered
Romania

Life in the UK test exemption

Post by underdog » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:36 pm

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am planning to apply for British Citizenship and was wondering what are my chances of getting an exemption for the life in the uk test. The reason for claiming exemption is mental illness and specifically psychosis.

Thank you.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Life in the UK test exemption

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:28 pm

underdog wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:36 pm
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am planning to apply for British Citizenship and was wondering what are my chances of getting an exemption for the life in the uk test. The reason for claiming exemption is mental illness and specifically psychosis.

Thank you.
You can fill the waiver form available here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _KOLL_.pdf
You will need to prove how your medical condition affects your daily life and how it stops you from learning English and writing a test.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Tottenham1
Newly Registered
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Tottenham1 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:43 pm

I will suggest you get a good advice from a good solicitor as it’s very threshold requirement however one of our beloved members on this forum CR001 has a good reply (her personal option) to similar topic which it’s can be found on this form indefinite-leave-to-remain/waiver-koll- ... 89919.html

You may have seen, and gives a bit relief as I understand you how stressful it’s is, but what can we do this are the rules.

Wish you good luck in 2020 and keep us updated as it helps a little

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:54 pm

Tottenham1 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:43 pm
I will suggest you get a good advice from a good solicitor as it’s very threshold requirement however one of our beloved members on this forum CR001 has a good reply (her personal option) to similar topic which it’s can be found on this form indefinite-leave-to-remain/waiver-koll- ... 89919.html

You may have seen, and gives a bit relief as I understand you how stressful it’s is, but what can we do this are the rules.

Wish you good luck in 2020 and keep us updated as it helps a little
My advice to the OP would be that he/she should manage to do the test. it's not as hard as many people think. But because I don't understand the severity of their mental illness, I thought I will be better to not assume.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:04 pm

My advice to the OP would be that he/she should manage to do the test. it's not as hard as many people think. But because I don't understand the severity of their mental illness, I thought I will be better to not assume
Agreed. There are Apps for iPad/idiot-phone and they help you train the questions. If you can watch a rubbish or read this online, you are able to go through these questions. It may take longer for people with impairments, but eventually most people can do it.

underdog
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by underdog » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm

Thanks everyone. I ended up taking the test.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:40 pm

underdog wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm
Thanks everyone. I ended up taking the test.
Nice